aberdeen-music

An open letter to the staff of the Belmont Picture House

Panda Strong

The Alan Cynic. It would be a deep fried mealie pudding stuffed inside a coarse, grey loaf. comes with a side of denim jacket.

That sounds affa fine! (apart from the grey loaf...how about 'sun-bleached'?).

And the denim jacket is part of my Summer collection, so it has been put into storage til next year. I'm now in my Winter cord jacket (courtesy of a clear-out of unclaimed stuff at the Tunnels last year :up: ).

I'd also go for 'The Baby Bouma', which is a large hard-boiled egg in a green horseradish sauce, accompanied by slices of edam.

Or the 'J Stax', which would be similar to the above, but with an egg-cosy on top, and the edam relaced by chicken drumsticks.

That sounds affa fine! (apart from the grey loaf...how about 'sun-bleached'?).

And the denim jacket is part of my Summer collection, so it has been put into storage til next year. I'm now in my Winter cord jacket (courtesy of a clear-out of unclaimed stuff at the Tunnels last year :up: ).

I'd also go for 'The Baby Bouma', which is a large hard-boiled egg in a green horseradish sauce, accompanied by slices of edam.

Or the 'J Stax', which would be similar to the above, but with an egg-cosy on top, and the edam relaced by chicken drumsticks.

The Ry bagel: tuna mayonaise but with hair.

I'd like more non-mayo based sandwich fillings that are good in toasty baguettes. Some kind of chicken and pesto melt thing would be the dog's bollocks. They'd probably have to charge more for something like that though? maybe a range of premium fillings could be on the cards?

I just feel like I'm making demands now.

ha ha we have that! chicken breast pesto and mozzarella perhaps?? We now have reggae reggae sauce too.

How about a 'sadsack baguette'? I big droopy bland effort for those days when the staff are all in a good mood but have to keep up appearances for certain clientele...

I was in there all afternoon yesterday and have to say it was the most miserable 4 hours I have ever spent in my life. Rude, aloof and dismissive.

It was hard work keeping that up for that length of time. Especially when the Kilau gang were being so nice, as is the norm.

You should try going out and about in some European cities and a bit further afield if you want to experience attitude problems.

Preach brother. I know exactly what you mean. I went to this European city called Edinburgh once and got the exact thing you just said. On my travels I learned that holding a door open is a completely thankless task, and a favour that is never EVER returned. And the word 'queue' should be taken away from the end of the term "bus queue" and replaced with 'violent free-for-all'.

I guess it was a little bit hard to believe that everyone there, with very minal exception, was an absolute prick. Especially in a city held in such a high regard.

I'd gladly nuke the whole place. No survivors. Not even me. I'd gladly burn with it if it was doing the rest of the world a favour.

Guest treader.
Staff in shops in Aberdeen are largely pretty approachable and easy going. You should try going out and about in some European cities and a bit further afield if you want to experience attitude problems.

Aberdeen IS a European City.

I'M A PEDANT. I'M A PEDANT.I'M A PEDANT.

Anyone who thinks they are somehow superior to others because of the fact they work in an independent coffee shop/record shop/whatever is a seriously laughable cunt.

That was one of the biggest things that made me laugh about Aberdeen...just the way that some people would prance around, just because they worked somewhere that people actually liked.

The Moorings, to their eternal credit, is probably the only place that hasn't had that type of attitude problem.

Guest treader.
That was one of the biggest things that made me laugh about Aberdeen...just the way that some people would prance around, just because they worked somewhere that people actually liked.

The Moorings, to their eternal credit, is probably the only place that hasn't had that type of attitude problem.

Dunno like, that Flash fella seems right up his own arse...:laughing:

for the record, i'm kidding.