aberdeen-music

An open letter to the staff of the Belmont Picture House

Panda Strong

That was one of the biggest things that made me laugh about Aberdeen...just the way that some people would prance around, just because they worked somewhere that people actually liked.

The Moorings, to their eternal credit, is probably the only place that hasn't had that type of attitude problem.

That happens everywhere though, have you seen High Fidelity before?

I don't really think i should have had to ask them to turn it down!

Most of the staff are rude and very off hand'ish, even intimidating.

i hope he was meaning me for the intimidating part. chances are, he's never seen me because i only work once a week - c'est la vie!

but really, i'm very scary.

you know, sometimes it's quite hard to be nice 100% of the time considering some of the customers who come in are rude as hell and have no sense of manners themselves.

you know, sometimes it's quite hard to be nice 100% of the time considering some of the customers who come in are rude as hell and have no sense of manners themselves.

I really don't get this at all. Yes, customers are idiots, they're rude, just generally cunts. But, when working with the public it's our job to be as polite as possible, no matter how much we don't like them.

It's rule number 1 in the customer service handbook. Anyone who doesn't know this by now really shouldn't be doing customer service work.

She said it was 'quite hard'. She did not say she has ever been rude to customers. And I don't think she has.

Frankly this has been exhausted. Kilau is brilliant and if you're not getting what you think you need then have a chat with a member of staff. They are approachable and very much open to comments & suggestions, and most certainly to crap stupid jokes. They might not seem like it to some people on here but they really are.

Try placing your order next time by starting off with a joke about Ry's moustache. Or has he already shaved it off (to avoid recognition)?

They are approachable and very much open to comments & suggestions, and most certainly to crap stupid jokes. They might not seem like it to some people on here but they really are.

Yeah...i don't really get that impression from their reaction in this thread...

As not to completely waste this post;

I RECEIVED SOME WONDERFUL SERVICE WHILE POSTING A PARCEL TODAY AT THE POST OFFICE. BANTER WAS HAD WHEN THE MAN COULDN'T GET SEVERAL STAMPS TO STICK. WE LAUGHED, CRIED, PARTED WAYS FEELING BETTER HUMAN BEINGS.

I really don't get this at all. Yes, customers are idiots, they're rude, just generally cunts. But, when working with the public it's our job to be as polite as possible, no matter how much we don't like them.

It's rule number 1 in the customer service handbook. Anyone who doesn't know this by now really shouldn't be doing customer service work.

as bob bouma said, i said it was quite hard. i'm not often very rude to customers, just sometimes not as cheery. i've had experience working in shops etc for 8 years so i fully know how to provide good customer service, thankyou.

Yeah...i don't really get that impression from their reaction in this thread...

i get the impression you're a bit up your own ass, but you're most likely not that way in real life, and i'd still be willing to talk to you to form my own opinion.

It jumped onto Craig.......I fear it will alight on Mark next!

It may get s far as you Alan. Now that would be a sight to behold. I do thing you would look rather dashing with a big handle bar effort and a spiv suit somewhat akin to your avatar...

Hope you have a good gig at the weekend in a tiny wee gallery ;)

The gang at Drakes were always a cheery bunch and if any weren't, there were occasions, I would have a word or it would be brought up at staff meetings as a general topic. There were always times when you are not in the mood to be Mister or Miss happy happy joy joy and nor should you need to be. Simple courteous professionalism is all that is required. As is being suggested above by Kilau staff.

All that said, we were working in a bar with plenty of mood enhancers hanging behind us. Not that we ever took part in such shenanigans of course.o_O