aberdeen-music

What Crap have you been buying recently?

A catch-all thread covering various crap that people have bought and wish to tell the world, that isn't albums or something else the is a thread on already. The more ridiculous/embarrasing/pointless the better.

In all three categories for me, yet still ace; Babylon 5 series 3 & 4 boxsets, ah its good to see the old crew, What with Galactica n'all, I forgot how good/funny/shaky of set B5 is.

i received a DVD review of the 2007/08 season in the Blue Square Premier this morning. On the plus side it cost me fuck all! on the downside i had to re-live the agony of cambridge being turfed over by exeter in the play off final all over again!

Oh, such a miscellaneous week:

A low profile PCI graphics card for a fiver to make a small PC I acquired work (broken on-board graphics)

A guitar/bass nut string spacing template

A plank of maple (bass neck blank - which is a little too twisted for my liking so will probably have to go back, grr)

An M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 sound/MIDI card

Pre ordered Tiger Woods 09 on Wii

Been an expensive weekend.

Various tickets to shows at Edinburgh Fringe

a rather spiffy handbag and dress (although apparently 'one size fits all' doesn't cover colour variations. I tried on the red, it fitted. Bought the black and it didn't)

a gift for the boyfriend

electric bill. Boohiss

It's not a good sign when I got paid on Friday and I'm already trying to calculate how much I'll get payday :( But it was worth it :)

Various tickets to shows at Edinburgh Fringe

a rather spiffy handbag and dress

a gift for the boyfriend

electric bill.

o_O

The more ridiculous/embarrasing/pointless the better.

In that case, I recently bought petrol, coffee, a KitKat chunky (along with the petrol), milk (full cream) two pints of Tennants and a pack of golden virginia (somewhat expensive at The Buttery on Belmont Street).

Over the last couple weeks or so I've bought a Powerball, about 30 of books I'll probably never read (including the new Danny Wallace book- it was 1 extra for a signed copy off play.com, but you only live once...), 5 guitar wall hangers, a Whitesnake t-shirt and nearly 100 plectrums.

Add this to a ridiculous amount of clothes, a new laptop, camera, gig tickets, DVDs and other such delights- now to deal with being poor...

Some kids laughed at my Acid Preppie (don't ask)* look in Kefalonia 2 years ago, I just made the pointy fingers and said; 'stylin'', which I think they knew the meaning of, as style is a word of Greek origin. Well they laughed more anyway.

*Like a preppie, thats taken lots of acid, and isn't quite right anymore.

Bought some new trainers last night.

Also expect some books to arrive today, Big Bang by Simon Singh, God Delusion by Dawkins (see what the fuss is about) and the new Stuart MacBride.

2 sets of Power Slinkys were also ordered yesterday.

In a few minutes I'm going to the cafeteria to buy a latte, or maybe a cappuccino seeing as they're only a pound today.

Bought the Orange Box about a week ago, despite horrific loading times, i very nearly wept at the brilliance of portal.

Shaun of the Dead 12" talking action figure, impulse buy, need to find somwhere for him, hmmm

WiiFit, not for me this one, tho i have used it an embarrasing amount.