aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

o_O what a strange day yesterday was.

Man City have suddenly turned into a super-power of the premiership. It will be interesting to see what they do in January.

The whole Berbatov saga is still a bit confusing, from all the reports it looks like he was having a medical with united when spurs had only given him permission to go to city. I would have loved it if city had got Berbatov, bit miffed they got Robinho, Chelsea could really have done with him.

Pleasantly suprised with the Aluko news for the dons.

Unfortunately I'm serious.

Never a chance that he's good enough to play internationally, he's a complete balloon, however who else would you suggest deserves a call-up? Please tell me I've missed someone obvious so I can get even more enraged at Clubfoot's inclusion.

In what (with Alan Hutton injured) is a problem position for Scotland it looks like 35-ish-year-old Graham Alexander is likely to feature in both qualifying matches. :nono:

And don't get me started on left-back...

bit miffed they got Robinho, Chelsea could really have done with him.

Nah, What they need is a natural born striker. Robinho is a winger and is utilised more as an attacking midfielder. Chelsea have an abundance of players in that position. Now they've let Shevchenko go, they've only really got Drogba and Anelka. The latter of which I wouldn't want to be relying on.

Nah, What they need is a natural born striker. Robinho is a winger and is utilised more as an attacking midfielder. Chelsea have an abundance of players in that position. Now they've let Shevchenko go, they've only really got Drogba and Anelka. The latter of which I wouldn't want to be relying on.

I dunno...Robinho playing off Drogba in a 4-4-2...

yeah I get what you're saying, but if the choice was Robinho or no one as it seemed to be by yesterday then I would have liked Robinho. I think he would have added an extra goal threat even if he is not an out and out striker. I really hope that when Drogba comes back he's not in a strop about not getting the move he wanted. We need him in top form because as you say I don't think Anelka can be relied upon to get too many goals.

Spare a thought for Spurs. 2 seasons ago (and last season) they had Robbie Keane, Jermaine Defoe and Dimitar Berbatov all scoring goals for fun. This season they've got Pavlyuchenko (who looks a player but will take time to settle into the English game), and er... 7 goals a season Darren Bent. And that's it really.

Never a chance that he's good enough to play internationally, he's a complete balloon, however who else would you suggest deserves a call-up? Please tell me I've missed someone obvious so I can get even more enraged at Clubfoot's inclusion.

There has to be someone, surely?

Is everyone injured? McNaughton? Hart? Now he's not at Aberdeen surely he's a stick on for a call up. There has to be a better choice for cover than Kirk fucking Broadfoot.

There has to be someone, surely?

Is everyone injured? McNaughton? Hart? Now he's not at Aberdeen surely he's a stick on for a call up. There has to be a better choice for cover than Kirk fucking Broadfoot.

See my above post, sign for the Old Firm and instantly become first choice for Scotland. As for replacements, Robbie Neilson and Kev McNaughton already have caps, and Mark Wilson is a tidy enough right back.

Jamie Langfield's been called up to the Scotland squad as well now.

He's been in the squad before.

To be honest, I don't really have too much of a problem with Broadfoot being called up, I always thought he was a donkey and would never get a game at the Huns, but to be fair to the boy he's taken his chance and done OK since he came in, even in Europe.

Really it should be Russell Anderson getting in but his career's gone way off the rails. I wonder if Rangers expressed any interest in taking him but he turned it down? You have to think that he would be in the squad if he was playing regularly for the Old Firm like Broadfoot. It's only a couple of years since he was the only Scottish, and non-Celtic, nominee for player of the year.

I think Bent will score 15-20 Goals this season.

They've definitily lost some firepower but if Pavlyuchenko adapts well to the premiership and both him and bent stay fit then they should be alright for goals. Frazier Campbell should be a decent back-up too.

But is Campbell ready for the Premiership, he scored a lot for a Hull team that were playing well and carving out a lot of chances, if he's playing for a team that are struggling, and against a much higher level of opposition he might not be much cop, especially if he's just coming off the bench. Maybe he'll prove me wrong though, Fergie obviously rates him.

If I was Burley and I absolutely HAD to call an Orc up as right-back cover, I still wouldn't select Clubfoot. Steven Whittaker is a better option.

Graham Alexander will, I hope, be first choice. He's much-maligned, but he defends well. Just don't go expecting much overlapping, a la Hutton. He's solid enough, though. A far better choice than Clubfoot, that's for sure.

Jamie Langfield won't get near the pitch, thank God.

Love from Christy