aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

I don't think we've won a penalty shootout this millenium!? Nae good when I spent all day taking the piss out of a Hibs supporting teacher...

haha, karma! Na, your boys should have enough in the tank to sneak a winner yet.

Liverpool, on the other hand, are clinging on....

Love from Christy

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Nae good when I spent all day taking the piss out of a Hibs supporting teacher...

All you have to do is say "Nineteen-Oh-Two", then ask for a cup with your tea...

:up:

Jimmy has told Maybury to GTF....looks like we're going to make an offer to the boy Lanzaat.

Love from Christy

I thought Jimmy might cave and take him back. If that was me I wouldn't through principle. Don't fuck me around looking for a bigger club then come crawling back when you realise you're no good. Twat.

I thought Jimmy might cave and take him back. If that was me I wouldn't through principle. Don't fuck me around looking for a bigger club then come crawling back when you realise you're no good. Twat.

It's a toughie, because we need a decent right back and he fits the bill...But then, we've had enough mercenaries here over the years. I'd sooner sign him than nobody, because our squad is so thin. The boy Lanzaat's pedigree is good though, and he showed great desire to join by staying to watch the Rangers game at the weekend, despite the fact that his trial had ended.

Love from Christy

...And we've signed right-back Jared Hodgkiss from WBA on loan til the end of the season.

Love from Christy

That's the gayest footballer name ever. Remember when footballers used to have men's names, like Tommy, and Charlie, and Ron and Joe? Big scary bastards with no front teeth. Bring back those days.

There's something a little discerning about two Chelsea players returning to their previous clubs in the space of a week. I understood their Shevchenko swoop, as he was world class at the time. Mourinho expected instant miracles from a man who could barely even speak English and he, combined with Shaun Wright Phillips, joined forces to create 51,000,000 worth of bench warming material. Chelsea fans and critics keep arguing Shevchenko and Wright-Phillips both have had their chance to prove themselves in the past two pre-seasons, and being branded as rusty. But what do you expect from two excellent players who haven't played enough regular competitive football? I'm very glad to see them both go back. SWP will more than likely start every game he is fit for which is what he deserves and I really do hope Shevchenko still has some life left in him. His desperate attempts to grab the attention of Avram Grant and Jose Mourinho by frantically warming up on the sidelines for the duration of a game was a sad state of affairs, only for Grant to include the absolutely shocking Malouda instead of one of the best strikers in the world.

I just really can't stand Chelsea.

There's something a little discerning about two Chelsea players returning to their previous clubs in the space of a week. I understood their Shevchenko swoop, as he was world class at the time. Mourinho expected instant miracles from a man who could barely even speak English and he, combined with Shaun Wright Phillips, joined forces to create 51,000,000 worth of bench warming material. Chelsea fans and critics keep arguing Shevchenko and Wright-Phillips both have had their chance to prove themselves in the past two pre-seasons, and being branded as rusty. But what do you expect from two excellent players who haven't played enough regular competitive football? I'm very glad to see them both go back. SWP will more than likely start every game he is fit for which is what he deserves and I really do hope Shevchenko still has some life left in him. His desperate attempts to grab the attention of Avram Grant and Jose Mourinho by frantically warming up on the sidelines for the duration of a game was a sad state of affairs, only for Grant to include the absolutely shocking Malouda instead of one of the best strikers in the world.

I just really can't stand Chelsea.

Mourinho didn't expect instant miracles from Shevchenko, he was bought against his wishes and he was told to play him. That was the beginning of the end for Mourinho's tenure at Chelsea.

Shaun Wright-Philips was still a good squad player at Chelsea, but he should've jumped ship last season and certainly not gone back to City.

Chelsea have a history of making massive losses on players: Veron, Crespo, Casiraghi so it's par for the course for them anyway. When they have to pay such inflated prices because of who they are and the players don't end up doing well the losses look more dramatic than they actually are.

Didn't everyone lose money on Veron? :up:

I'm going to cry if they sign Kaka. It's all speculation and astronimical amounts of money being thrown around. Still, I hope it never happens.

I agree SWP was a good utility player, but in games that mattered, he didn't get a sniff. he has the potential of being an important asset for a club chasing Uefa Cup slots, but he never really stood a chance of permanently breaking into Abromovich's Football Celebrities.

Didn't everyone lose money on Veron? :up:

I'm going to cry if they sign Kaka. It's all speculation and astronimical amounts of money being thrown around. Still, I hope it never happens.

I agree SWP was a good utility player, but in games that mattered, he didn't get a sniff. he has the potential of being an important asset for a club chasing Uefa Cup slots, but he never really stood a chance of permanently breaking into Abromovich's Football Celebrities.

There is no chance of seeing Kaka in a Chelsea shirt unless they change their shirt sponsors seen as though Kaka is currently on a personal deal with Sony that runs until after the 2010 World Cup. I can't see him risking the money loss should Sony throw a strop with him waltzing about with a shirt with Samsung written all over it ;)

Maxi's right, Chelsea have too many divas and superstars. They need more depth, they have tried that recently to no avail though with Boulharouz, Ivanovic and Ben Haim all of which were pretty shocking.

Still, Chelsea have some good youngsters kicking about, Slobodan Raijkovic as a prime example and Ben Sahar is pretty good as well.

I like how both transfers were for undisclosed fees. ie. Chelsea have lost a shitload of cash.

I'm not sure it's been entirely Chelsea's decision to keep the fees involved quiet. The general consensus is that the Shevchenko deal has a lot to do with Kaka', possibly in the shape of a "first option" type agreement between Chelsea and Milan. I wouldn't read too much into that though as it would only come into effect should a. Kaka' demand to move or b. Milan decide they want to sell. Kaka' is taking over Maldini's role as the face of Milan, and Berlusconi won't give that up easily, for his usual mixture of P.R. and football-related reasons.

It'll be very interesting to see whether Sheva can regain some of his old form once he gets back to playing regularly in a league and a system that suit him. I would guess not, but it was only to be expected that he'd eventually return to Milan for a few more years of being overpaid out of "respect".

I'm not sure it's been entirely Chelsea's decision to keep the fees involved quiet. The general consensus is that the Shevchenko deal has a lot to do with Kaka', possibly in the shape of a "first option" type agreement between Chelsea and Milan. I wouldn't read too much into that though as it would only come into effect should a. Kaka' demand to move or b. Milan decide they want to sell. Kaka' is taking over Maldini's role as the face of Milan, and Berlusconi won't give that up easily, for his usual mixture of P.R. and football-related reasons.

It'll be very interesting to see whether Sheva can regain some of his old form once he gets back to playing regularly in a league and a system that suit him. I would guess not, but it was only to be expected that he'd eventually return to Milan for a few more years of being overpaid out of "respect".

Believe me, it's all to do with personal sponsorship. I guess what we really want to know is when Chelsea's shirt sponsorship deal runs out...

Believe me, it's all to do with personal sponsorship. I guess what we really want to know is when Chelsea's shirt sponsorship deal runs out...

Call it an exception to the rule, but Ronaldinho, a Nike figurehead, just moved from Barcelona, a Nike sponsored team, to Milan, an Adidas sponsored team.