aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

marvellous entertainment at the abbey stadium this afternoon as runaway league leaders burton albion unbeaten in 16 blue square premier games were humbled 2-0 by a very impressive cambridge united. if only every saturday was this good!

Oh, and good on the Dandy Dons for booing a dead woman :down:
Jim Leishman's wife died of cancer a few days ago, this was our first home game since then.

It wasn't so much boo-ing Mrs Leishman as boo-ing the "...so let's cheer the Pars onto a victory!" bit at the end of it. Not that I took part like. I've never shouted "booo" in my life, because it's an utterly ridiculous noise.

But feel free to write to the Daily Record; I'm sure they'll lap it up.

Scottish Cup Semi-Final draw:

Rangers v. St.Mirren

Them v. Aberdeen/Dunfermline

Christ, that sets it up nicely! The prospect of No Hampden For Tango and then knocking Them out in the semi's? That would be the most erotic football scenario of all time. Can't see it, but you can't say no to hope...

:up:

Scottish Cup Semi-Final draw:

Rangers v. St.Mirren

Them v. Aberdeen/Dunfermline

Christ, that sets it up nicely! The prospect of No Hampden For Tango and then knocking Them out in the semi's? That would be the most erotic football scenario of all time. Can't see it, but you can't say no to hope...

:up:

Haha, aye and then the huns in the final. We can dream.

Guest idol_wild
Jamie Smith no good?

He's good when he's match fit. Sadly, he returns from injury and plays for about four matches to become match fit and sharp, then gets injured again.

But hey, by that fourth game, he's usually pretty good. Until an opposition player brushes past his sleeve and gives him a triple hernia. :rolleyes:

He's good when he's match fit. Sadly, he returns from injury and plays for about four matches to become match fit and sharp, then gets injured again.

But hey, by that fourth game, he's usually pretty good. Until an opposition player brushes past his sleeve and gives him a triple hernia. :rolleyes:

No doubt..

Reports suggest that he is already a vast improvement on most of what is available out wide and up front. That sadly doesn't say too much.

He was looking good though and reports from the weekend have him as one of the stand out players that gave a fuck!

My faith in humanity has been lost. He used to be such a nice non-smokie, too.

On the bright side, we play Arbroath in midweek. Abuse city! :up:

I couldn't bring myself to abuse Gibbage tonight. He's genuinely one of the nicest guys in football. I'd take him back to Balmoor any day :up:

i dont often want man utd to lose cos mainly i dont give a shite but i was listening to five live tonight and alan green was harping on about how not one inter milan player would get in the man poo side and being way too cocky about man utf!

i dont often want man utd to lose cos mainly i dont give a shite but i was listening to five live tonight and alan green was harping on about how not one inter milan player would get in the man poo side and being way too cocky about man utf!

What a tit. Arguably Ibrahimovic wouldn't get in because Man Utd. have great forwards and 'caause he's a big match choker, but Julio Cesar (think he made a mistake tonight though), Maicon and Cambiasso would walk in.

green was being really arrogant tonight but when i tuned into bbc radio kent's coverage of ebbsfleet v burton i realised i really dont give a cunt about 5 live's coverage of the champions (and 2nd and 3rd and 4th place) league anyways!