aberdeen-music

your rarest music?

Mgrant

what are your rarest/most sought after cds/cassettes/vinyl in your music collection

mine would have to be

Skinny Puppy - Track 10 1/1000

AFI - Days of the Phoenix EP 1/500

Mindless Self Indulgence - Mindless Self-Indulgence 1/500

im guessing its only one of a handful that are Signed by Jimmy Urine, Kitty and Steve Righ?

I've got a few bits n pieces including:

Pallas - "Reds Under Your Beds" EP, plus the Arrive Alive Cassette and singles and indeed pretty much everything up to and including The Wedge

Rolling Stones - She Was Hot 12" White label

Metallica - Creeping Death / Am I Evil / Blitzkrieg10" Gold Vinyl Anniversary Edition

...and a load of Beatles stuff

Guest Giles Walker

I've got Orbital's 'Chime' on the original label (i.e. ozone) and i also have it on FFRR.

Loads of rare funk and disco records as well some of them radio promos.

Infact i have promos of so many classic records that i would sound like a dick if i actually listed them all.

Therefore i win the internet

I've got one of those record collections that have even experienced dealers jaws hitting the floor with comments along the lines of - "I didn't even know this existed" or "No, nobody has a copy of this!" :D

I don't know if that is a good or bad thing as some of it is made-up of part of a collection that I inherited from a first-gen hippy relative when he hung-up the afghan for good! :O

My Jimmy Shand LPs are rare. Or possibly braw, depending on your viewpoint.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Now, there's two words that need to make a serious comeback. So much classier that "awesome", "bangin', "the shizzle" and all that pish.

I have a banned version of "A Punk Prayer" - the "collaboration" between the Sex Pistols and Ronnie Biggs. My copy has the original "Cosh the Driver" cover, which understandably, was banned for being in poor taste.

I've a pretty good selection of rare psych and folk stuff from the late 60s /early 70s (although I've sold off loads to the Cavern to finance US trips...inc stuff like Nico's pre Velvets single,the original Primitives single etc). Got stuff like the Glastonbury Fayre triple, the original Nuggets comp, some Nick Drake promos etc (Gave away two Drake original vinyls to a couple of American who organised a ND tribute a few years ago...but they were spares a pal gave me).

I suppose my rarest one is an original Willie Dixon 'Walkin the blues' single on London, which I got at the Castlegate for 20p, but is worth a few thousand I believe. I almost sold it to finance flat repairs last year, but did my 'Tune-a-Day' instead.

I wouldn't part with my Roy Harper acetates/one sided test-pressings etc though!

nothing especially rare got the aeroplane flies high box set by the pumpkins still sealed thats probably it.

I think they made about 300,000 of them. True fans get the inside "This box belongs to" signed by the band.

The Gish singles box set if far rarer, plus the promo editions of Earphoria, and the limited promo best of that came out after Machina.

got a couple of bits and bobs i guess.

godspeed you black emperor/ le fly pan am split 7" with amazine fanzine

guns n roses - appetite for destruction vinyl with original artwork

a couple of rare jason molina/songs ohia releases

some promo stuff

some stuff that's perhaps not rare, just not very popular