aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

SAW 5 IS FUCKING SHIT. just so you know.

I'll still watch it for 'imo' but mainly cause I can't watch 4 of something and not watch the last one!!

I really enjoyed up to 3, 4 wasn't the best, but wasn't that bad.

Watched 'The Deal' last night....pile of piddle (got from lovefilms so wasn't sure what it was) no one famous, plot rubbish 3/10

I got in the mood for Hallowe'en last night by watching Hellraiser and The Descent.

Hellraiser has actually aged quite well, apart from a few cheesy graphics, it's still genuinely pretty scary. Frank as a walking mass of organs and slimey stuff is gruesome and the bit where the cenobites tear him apart with the hooks at the end is cool as fuck. I like Pinhead.

The Descent was pretty chilling, the impending sense of doom when they get stuck underground in the caves is incredibly claustrophic and unnerving as hell. They hold off on showing the monsters for like an hour, though you suspect they are there, they use the suspense well. The problem is that once you get to the payoff, the monsters are a bit lame, and they overuse them and cheapen it a bit. It would have been better if there were only a few monsters but there just seemed to be more and more and more of them scurrying out of the cavities. And the monsters died too easily to be properly scary. Plus, 6 girls and you don't see any tits? Criminal. Good film though, lots of jumpy bits. My missus spent most of the second half looking at my shoulder.

I got in the mood for Hallowe'en last night by watching Hellraiser and The Descent.

hellraisers gotta be one of my fave all time horrors, think the old style cinematography helps with the eeriness a little and agree with you aged well!!

I thought decent was more unnerving for the cave scenes....feck that no way I would decent down a cave like that never mind crawling through toight cracks etc....classic scene is def the ice/rock pick one between the two girls :)

• Upvote 1

hellraisers gotta be one of my fave all time horrors, think the old style cinematography helps with the eeriness a little and agree with you aged well!!

I thought decent was more unnerving for the cave scenes....feck that no way I would decent down a cave like that never mind crawling through toight cracks etc....classic scene is def the ice/rock pick one between the two girls :)

It's true actually, it was scary as feck before the monsters came out. Nae chance I'd be crawling around caves and going through tunnels on my belly with no room to move my arms!

Fuel-wise, it wasn't that bad, insurance was ok (for the older fart like me anyway), but what really costs are servicing and consumables, like tyres, brake pads etc...

...and then there's the image thing - like the time I went home to Killie for the weekend. I had my window down as I pulled away sharpish at a set of lights and a guy standing there said simply, "Prick".

I had to agree :up:

Watched Iron Man on Blu-Ray last night.

Prick.

;)