aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

The film was OK but that performance kind of annoyed me as it just seemed like a copy of Ben Kingsley, except not nearly as good.

I enjoyed it on it's own merits, but Kingsley's performance as Don Logan is one of the best in living memory.

Heavyweight against a Welterweight in that match-up methinks

I just finished watching Doomsday. It was very incoherent plot-wise. I suppose as far as action romps go it was ok. It did seem to flick between trying to be Mad Max, Gladiator, Gone In 60 Seconds, River City and 28 Days Later with gay abandon though. Pushed for a score: 2/5

Rhona Mitra is lovely though.

You forgot to mention Escape From New York :up:

I was thinking along the same lines and wound Mrs Diesel up something rotten during viewing, with my constant "awa tae fuck that's taken right out of...!!!" remarks!

Still, they can't be many movies, post-apocalyptic or otherwise, where you get to see the Bad Guy dancing to Fine Young Cannibals (the irony of which has just finally struck me!)

Rhona is HOT!

Was good seeing AP and RdN share a screen but I'd like to see a Goodfellas-type De Niro share a movie with Pacino before they are both too old.... they play cops in that new mvie, I'll have to go and see that. What's it called again?

Righteous Kill. I saw it on Wednesday, and wouldn't recommend it at all. Big let down. For example, 50 Cent's acting wasn't even the worst thing about it.

I watched "The Incredible Hulk" last night and "iron Man" the night before. Both were less shite than I expected - quite looking forward to the Captain America, Thor and The Avengers films now.

watched teh new Indiana Jones last week & it was pretty crap compared to Raiders - probably as equi-shite as Temple Of Doom, I suppose.

i really liked Iron Man. It was cool. The thing with his heart and the fact he was a self made superhero added a nice twist. The Dark knight was overlong and mostly dull.

Currently enjoying deathrace, for the third time...I'm low brow. Statham rocks though...they should really do a "crank II" set in Peterhead...who's doing the avengers?

somebody should do a Slaine film...that would be adroit and gnarly.

Righteous Kill. I saw it on Wednesday, and wouldn't recommend it at all. Big let down. For example, 50 Cent's acting wasn't even the worst thing about it.

Oh god 50 Cent is in it?

I really hate it when rappers think they can act and ruin movies. See X-Zibit in X-Files 2 for an example of this. Rappers just shouldn't act.

Oh god 50 Cent is in it?

I really hate it when rappers think they can act and ruin movies. See X-Zibit in X-Files 2 for an example of this. Rappers just shouldn't act.

Ooooooh! my pet cinematic hate :swearing:

I despise the exploitative and commerical use of talentless rappers in movies to appease certain demographics. I cringe each time they deliver a barely comprehensible line with face screwed up, brow furrowed, lip curled and head bobbing side-to-side. Dog.

They should stick to what they do best....

...whatever the hell that is.

Grrr

I watched 'The Spiderwick Chronicles' on DVD.

Lord of the Rings it aint.

huh.......well different league from each other!! but Spiderwicks directed more to a young audience no??

Lester - i watched the mist too, and thought it was well slow and was gettin a bit bored of it....liked the ending but wasn't too impressed overall

I watched 'The Mist' last night. It's a modern B Movie film adaption of the short novel by Stephen King. Jonathan Ross was piping on about it a few months ago so I thought I'd give it a look.

You'd think that just because of the name that it'd be a rip off of 'The Fog' but thankfully, it's not. Despite being a bit too long it was actually worth a watch for anyone who likes a bit of post apocalyptic "we're all screwed" nonsense. The creatures looked ace and it had a decent ending. I can't go into much detail without giving it away but it's worth a nosey if you're into that sorta thing :)

Yep - it wasn't to bad at all. Relatively faithful to the short story - apart from the ending and the creatures were the dug's baws.

Watched Judge Dredd on one of the chav channels the other night...wisnae too bad.

Diane Lane looked rather fetching is the lycra Judge suit and Sly was ok as Dredd, even if the cardinal sin of headgear removal was committed.

The make-up for Mean was really good.

What's a chav channel?

Dunno, just made it up.

Guess it's a channel viewed mainly by chavs and the occasional real human being.

You know the list - "Pimp My Ride", "Wife Swap", "Celebrity Liposuction", "Miami Ink", "Pot Noodle Weekly", "Top 20 Muggings of 2008"

That kind of brain-dead shite for morons....

Guest treader.
Dunno, just made it up.

Guess it's a channel viewed mainly by chavs and the occasional real human being.

You know the list - "Pimp My Ride", "Wife Swap", "Celebrity Liposuction", "Miami Ink", "Pot Noodle Weekly", "Top 20 Muggings of 2008"

That kind of brain-dead shite for morons....

Oh, you must mean...90% of channels these days then, yeah?

On Saturday I watched Ben Hur, pretty good.

Yesterday afternoon I watched Rushmore, also good. Royal Tenenbaums appears to be the only Wes Anderson film i've seen that I really didn't like.

I watched The Royal Tenenbaums when it came out but I hated it. I think because of the cast I was expecting a comedy. However I recently watched The Life Aquatic and I absolutely loved it, so I think I'll try watching Tenenbaums again and see if I like it now.