aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Like Lester I watched Silent Hill, but gave up about half-way through....combination of sleepiness and not-very-impressedness. Watched Silence of the lambs for the gazillionth time last night........must ask my mum to show me the finer points of dressmaking :up:

Me too - I loved the games, but the movie was gash.

For me, it was like a cinematic version of a Steve Vai (or any shredder) album, all flash and pyrotechnics, but where's the fucking SONG? (or story in the case of SH)

One Day Removals

I found it rather amusing.

(Following from Raindance.co.uk):

Short Synopsis:

Six corpses.Two removal men.One bad day.

Review:

Two Aberdeen removal men have a day from hell. A simple job in a remote part of the Scottish countryside goes awry when they hit a drunk staggering in the middle of the road and decide to load him into the van and take him to hospital. Seems like a good plan, but then the bodies just keep piling up.

Very funny dark comedy set in the locale and dialect of Aberdeen, it resonates with a Scottish humour that reveals both a practicality and a bravery that resonates and keeps this story feeling both real and surreal in turns. The dialogue and action is unrestrained and unless you are familiar with broad Scottish dialects, in this case Doric - apparently brought to the North east of Scotland by rural Spartans - you may not get every word but the intent behind the words is clear and evocative.

The writer / director Mark Stirton lets the camera get close enough to observe the craziness without intruding. The cast are natural although and what some might lack in screen craft they more than make up for in personality.

One Day Removals couldnt be any more indie and for budding filmmakers this is a great example of what can be done with little money and a lot passion.

AVP2 : Requeim

Resident Evil : Extinction

This is what happens when your Lovefilm says you need films in your queue and your mind goes blank. Oh well... I can probably get to the controls before they send me Jumper.

Resident Evil isn't that terrible actually, just boring as fuck in the second half, but that one has a lot of Milla Jovovich in it:up:

Starship troopers 3.

They must have spent all their money getting Casper Van Dien back. Then they didn't even use him that much.

Effects - crap.

Props - crap.

Plot - crap.

Nazi/Religious themes - Overplayed to the max.

Jolene Blalock - You just would. Can't save the whole film though.

Ridiculous. The ending looked like a monster from fecking red dwarf.

AVP2 : Requeim

Resident Evil : Extinction

This is what happens when your Lovefilm says you need films in your queue and your mind goes blank. Oh well... I can probably get to the controls before they send me Jumper.

Resident Evil isn't that terrible actually, just boring as fuck in the second half, but that one has a lot of Milla Jovovich in it:up:

AVP2 has to be one of the worst films I've ever seen.

But I actually really enjoyed Jumper, good fun if you shut your brain off for a while.

Watched X-Files : I Want To Believe on my PC the other day.

X-Files : I Want To Cry ;(

What have the done with my series???

*** MAJOR RANT AND VERY MINOR SPOILER ALERT ***

I mean, it's the X-sies we're talking about here, Mouldy, The Sculls and Big Watty (Skinner's appears for about 15 secs). One of the best series ever...and they bring out this...this...this...thing!

It's just awful....and boring.

• Mulder with a beard
  • Scully's back to being a doctor
  • The Big Yin as a Beast Priest (he's dreadful)
  • Nae Aliens at all
  • And to add insult to injury, it's got a fucking RAPPER! (Xibit) who does absolutely fuck-all except the standard rapper scowl and barked lines routine.

Shame on everyone involved...and note to Casting...read my lips...RAPPERS CAN'T ACT.

Watched X-Files : I Want To Believe on my PC the other day.

blahblahblah

Pretty much my thoughts on it as well, I was really disappointed. Billy Connoly was awful, Xzibit was awful, there was absoutely no chemistry between Mulder and Scully, and there was no sci-fi / monsters / aliens involved at all! It's about a fucking Russian crimelord.

Just watched Prince Caspian. I thought it was pretty good. I spent a lot of time as a kid reading the Chronicles of Narnia books and sat goggled-eyed in front of the telly watching the BBC series when it was on as well (along with the cracking Box Of Delights) so it wasn't quite how i'd hope it would be but i still enjoyed it.

Major gripe with the boy who played Prince Caspian's "Spanish" accent though, it was rank.