aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I went to see "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" last Friday. It was pretty good for a Rom-Com actually. Megan Fox and Kirsten Dunst are lovely too. Simon Pegg was pretty funny as was Jeff Bridges. Good all round.

I also watched Spiderman 2 on Monday night. I'd never seen it for some reason, despite owning a copy of it o_O It was miles better than Spiderman 3, which was terrible, but nowhere near as good as the first.

I'm watching The Day After Tomorrow right now, it's a good watch and i haven't seen it for over a year.

I think i'm going to the cinema to watch either Taken or Mirrors tonight. I'd prefer Taken, we'll see though.

I can't put my finger on why I disliked 'Royal Tenenbaums' so much, I think the presence of Gwyneth Paltrow, Danny Glover and Ben Stiller doing 'quirky' put me off....'Bottle Rocket' has now been ordered for a few quid on Amazon :up:

Over the past couple of days I have watched 'There Will Be Blood' and 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre', both fine films.

I bought 'Judge Dredd' in Asda for a couple of quid the other week to see if it was as bad as I remembered...it isn't that bad compared to some of the shit that has come out since!

I can't put my finger on why I disliked 'Royal Tenenbaums' so much, I think the presence of Gwyneth Paltrow, Danny Glover and Ben Stiller doing 'quirky' put me off....'Bottle Rocket' has now been ordered for a few quid on Amazon :up:

Over the past couple of days I have watched 'There Will Be Blood' and 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre', both fine films.

I bought 'Judge Dredd' in Asda for a couple of quid the other week to see if it was as bad as I remembered...it isn't that bad compared to some of the shit that has come out since!

Tell you what, speaking of forgotten futuristic action gems, I watched Total Recall recently and it's fucking ace. :up:

Great film, I bought it recently in a cheap as chips Arnie binge along with T2 & 3 and Commando...Commando however is worse than I remembered!

Oh come on, what is not to love about Commando? Every single thing about that film is exactly what 80's action films are about. Arnie kills over 100 people in many amazing ways, so many amazing one liners, deer petting, Arnie can smell the enemy... I could go on.

Raw Deal is also worth a viewing, just for the premise that Arnie could infiltrate the mafia.

Dirty Dancing

It was a slow night last night and after some intense practice, I decided to kick back and watch some telly.

Typically, there was fuck-all on worth watching across 5 million channels, but then I happened upon Dirty Dancing on "Fiver".

I'd always had the hots for Cynthia Rhodes and Jennifer Gray is kinda cute - so I watched it all.

80's soundtrack and leading lady hairstyle anachronisms aside, it was a cautionary tale of holiday camps, grumpy doctor daddies, unwanted pregnancies, back street abortions, sisters who can't sing and difficult running jumps.

However, if the movie taught us anything it's that...

Nobody.......

Dirty Dancing

It was a slow night last night and after some intense practice, I decided to kick back and watch some telly.

Typically, there was fuck-all on worth watching across 5 million channels, but then I happened upon Dirty Dancing on "Fiver".

I'd always had the hots for Cynthia Rhodes and Jennifer Gray is kinda cute - so I watched it all.

80's soundtrack and leading lady hairstyle anachronisms aside, it was a cautionary tale of holiday camps, grumpy doctor daddies, unwanted pregnancies, back street abortions, sisters who can't sing and difficult running jumps.

However, if the movie taught us anything it's that...

Nobody.......

I only watched that this year for the first time, it was a lot better than I was expecting.

It was the same night Heath Ledger died, so I'm afraid to watch it again in case someone else dies.

I had to learn the dance routine from Dirty Dancing 2 to perform it for a multi-cultural awareness week show for the school last year. Can't say I enjoyed the film too much, but i'm assured by quite a few women that it is actually superior than the original.

Haven't seen the original, so can't make a comparison i'm afraid.