aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Woah! Way to miss out the best one o_O

Which one?

Edit: (skip that....you posted while i was writing this..and yes your right Chasing Amy is the best one).

I just finished watching Lost Boys 2: The Tribe.

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Needed a twist at the end though.

With the little (annoying) references to Allan Frogs death and even more annoyingly no explanation of how he died) I was sure he was going to turn up as a vampire.

Which one?

Edit: (skip that....you posted while i was writing this..and yes your right Chasing Amy is the best one).

I just finished watching Lost Boys 2: The Tribe.

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Needed a twist at the end though.

With the little (annoying) references to Allan Frogs death and even more annoyingly no explanation of how he died) I was sure he was going to turn up as a vampire.

Aye, Chasing Amy is the best View Askewniverse film by a country mile. In order of preference:

1. Chasing Amy

2. Clerks

3. Mallrats

4. Clerks 2

5. Dogma

6. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Though there isn't a bad one amongst them.

Despite what people say Jersey Girl wasn't terrible and Drawing Flies is ok too.

I wouldn't mind checking out Lost Boys 2 at some point as well although i can guarantee that i will be sorely disappointed.

Any surprise twists?

Yeah, in as much as no "hard-boiled" renegade cop steps in and saves the day by performing ridiculous one-punch-and-you're-dead kung-fu moves, before landing the plane safely on one stuttering engine.

Oh! - and the sneering, philosophical, Oxford-educated baddie leader doesn't meet any convoluted and ironic death.

Actually, the nasty gets his crust stoved in by a fire extinguisher.

Nothing beats the head stoving with a fire extinguisher scene in the gay fetish bar in Irreversible. Great film.

Great movie, but the tunnel scene is unwatchable - brave performance by Monica Bellucci.

I was so angry by the end of the rape, that I was ready to rewind it back to the fire-ex scene - just for payback - then I remembered it was only a movie.

Bothered me for days and had I bumped into the boy that played Le Tenia in a bar, I'd probably have glassed him on general principle.

Great movie, but the tunnel scene is unwatchable - brave performance by Monica Bellucci.

I was so angry by the end of the rape, that I was ready to rewind it back to the fire-ex scene - just for payback - then I remembered it was only a movie.

Bothered me for days and had I bumped into the boy that played Le Tenia in a bar, I'd probably have glassed him on general principle.

Aye, same.

'The Orphanage' is currently winning my film of the year. It's a cracker, if you're into that sort of film.

I watched 'Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten' last night. I really enjoyed it, but I think I benefitted from the fact I haven't watched any documentary films on The Clash/Members of The Clash before.

The night before I watched 'The Cottage'. Quite funny in parts. Not a brilliant film but still fairly good and it's worth a watch if you're a League of Gentlemen fan. Jennifer Ellison wasn't as irritating as I thought she'd be.

PS: Dog Soldiers is brilliant.

really want to see the orphanage (on dvd yet?)

I really liked the cottage, but heaps of my pals thought it was rubbish, but as you say I'm into league of gentlemen- love silly humour!

This weekend I watched:

Ghost Rider - a total waste of 2 hours. Dragged like crazy and was boring as hell.

1/5

Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde (1931) - a horror classic, really enjoyed it, the guy really managed to pull off the double character, Hyde is a proper baddie! Well worth a look.

4/5

Fargo - one word - classic.

5/5

I've watched quite a few films recently:

Cold Mountain- very good. a lot better than i thought it was going to be.

Hart's War- Ok, nothing exciting though.

Dungeons and Dragons- Not as bad as i remember it being. Still pretty laughable though.

I plan on watching Lucky Number Slevin tonight as i remember it being quite good when isaw it at the cinema. I still have Atonement to watch as well.

I've watched quite a few films recently:

Cold Mountain- very good. a lot better than i thought it was going to be.

Hart's War- Ok, nothing exciting though.

Dungeons and Dragons- Not as bad as i remember it being. Still pretty laughable though.

I plan on watching Lucky Number Slevin tonight as i remember it being quite good when isaw it at the cinema. I still have Atonement to watch as well.

I really enjoyed Atonement, one of my favourite films of 2007. Bit of a tear jerker like, if you're watching it with the wife, or if you're a girly poof who cries at films, have a box of Kleenex to hand. :laughing: