aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

how so? i thought it had a dawn of the dead type feel to it , but with massive insectoid creatures instead of zombies.

maybe ive just got a soft spot for monster type movies, i am part of the 'jurassic park came out when i was 9' collective!

I was 8 when jurrasic park came out and was obsessed with dinosaurs.

I just found it predictable and crap like if the movie was an episode of smallville or something.

they tried to make it exciting by adding all this suspense by not seeing any of the monsters etc and the preacher wifey was a bint.

Philadelphia- I know it's a sad movie and focuses on bringing to light discrimination, bigotry and the struggle for justice when faced by such prejudices.

But my god, Tom Hanks cracks me up!

Who doesn't remember the scene from Big where he starts choking on the hummus or when he and Danny madigan fight that dude with glass ey...oh, wait that's last action hero.

I was 8 when jurrasic park came out and was obsessed with dinosaurs.

I just found it predictable and crap like if the movie was an episode of smallville or something.

they tried to make it exciting by adding all this suspense by not seeing any of the monsters etc and the preacher wifey was a bint.

You must have been a big hit at birthday parties.

Crossroads ...... Ralph Macchio, Joe Seneca & Jami Gertz (and a cameo from Steve Vai)

some fuck off good music and the story isn't too bad either, acting can be a bit lame in places .... but I like it !

my fav quotes....

"I already got YOU !!"

"I got a big white fella from Memphis, made a deal with me a few years back, name of Jack Butler, cuts heads every saturday night....."

• Upvote 1

Crossroads ...... Ralph Macchio, Joe Seneca & Jami Gertz (and a cameo from Steve Vai)

some fuck off good music and the story isn't too bad either, acting can be a bit lame in places .... but I like it !

my fav quotes....

Good movie.

Attempting to appear mean and menacing, Steve Vai looks like his mum just told him he can't have a Curly Wurly before his tea.

I believe that Ry Cooder did all Macchio's slide work and Vai did the rest.

A list of recent movies.

The Divide

Hackneyed post-apocalyptic drama set in the basement of a NYC apartment block after a nuclear attack on the US. Dreary and predictable. 4/10

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

A very good courtroom drama based on the case of a real-life exorcism. Genuinely creepy in places. 7.5/10

Wayne's World

Watched this for the first time last week....NOT! I'll never tire of this classic. 10/10

Blitz

Silly but enjoyable thriller starring Jason Statham, about a cop-killing maniac on the loose in London. Great turn by The Wire's Aiden Gillen (Mayor Carcotti) as the maniac. I'm starting to warm to "The Stath", he's good at what he does. 6.5/10

Killer Elite

Political thriller set in 1980 and based on Ranulph Fiennes supposedly based-on-fact book "The Feather Men". Credibility stretching, but not bad. Good action sequences. . Stars Jason Statham, Clive Owen and Dominic Purcell. 6/10

Red State

Kevin Smith film about a religious cult, starring a very unwell-looking John Goodman as a DEA agent and Michael Parks, who's great as the cult leader. Not bad at all. 7/10

Wild At Heart

The classic David Lynch freak-show with Nic Cage at his very best. Tons of quotable dialogue and loaded with countless amouts of weird Lynchian characters and images. Willem Dafoe is menacingly brilliant as Bobby Peru ("like the country") 9/10

Darkest Hour

Sci-fi movie set in Moscow about an attack by invisible aliens. Needless to say, they're thwarted by untrained American party-goers. Watchable fluff. 5.5/10

The Hunger Games

Took the "The Kid" to see this at her insistence and the best thing about it was Jennifer Lawrence's performance. She's a genuine talent in the mould of Natalie Portman. The film is ok, but I just didn't buy into it's main premise, that of kids 12 -18 years old being forced to battle to the death. The world today is an ugly, ugly place (guess it's always been that way) but I just refuse to believe that any society would put a pig-tailed waif up against an over-muscled 6 foot+plus adonis. Would they? 6/10