aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

If you force a book into a kid's hands, if they're anything like me they'll look at the words but not give much of a fuck what they're saying. If you can coax a kid to pick a book up by himself, it's a whole different ball game. I like to think of myself as having a fairly steadfast grasp of the English language and reading books that I didn't understand in the least, but that I wanted to and slogged through googling every second sentance, is responsible for that.

Relying on spell-check is also slowly chipping away at it, but that's another story.

xx

Me neither. I'm not a massive fan of Handel's at all. Just like Joe and Jake aren't Shakespeare fans. Nothing wrong with that. I just think more people listening to/reading the likes of classical music/listerature and forming educated opinions on it is a good thing. As it is, too many people claim they don't like classic literature or classical music despite never having properly experienced it, that's the only point I'm trying to make.

I thought I hated hip-hop until I heard Scroobius Pip, that opened a few doors and I'm still exploring more and more hip-hop finding a lot of stuff I like among the (IMHO) shit.

xx

I disliked Romeo and Juliet greatly (book and film, and every other modern movie inspired by it like Romeo Must Die, Gnomeo and Juliet is also awful). Far better Shakespeare out there. Go read or watch Othello, the film adaptation with Laurenca Fishburne and Kenneth Branagh as Iago is maybe the most accessible version for those who can't tolerate reading loads of pages of ye olde english (which I can understand, it can be difficult to interpret when spoken but is even harder when written).

• Upvote 1

Milners no holds barred raping of my eyes continued this weekend.

First off.

Mega shark vs giant octopus

World class special effects and a believable plot. The inclusion of these two things may have made this a good film. The 'science' scenes are mind blowing. The shark biting a jumbo jet out of the sky was incredible. The rest of it stank of that Movies 4 Men channel. Utter ding but the commentary from the viewers made it bearable.

Hackers

A look into the world of computer hackers. I never realised that large oil companys have rooms with glass pillars that are full of data. I think the people who made the film had never actually seen a computer prior to the filming. It has dated terribly and has that massive prick from the Scream films going about looking like an industrial techno freak/ gothic transexual. Worth it for the 2 second glimpse of Brad Pits' missus' smaller than I expected baps. Embarrasingly off the mark with the technical side of computers.

Rush Hour

Actually good. I was suprised to see this bad boy on Milners super computer of B-movies. Made up for the emotional scarring caused by the previous two films.

• Upvote 1

Talking of Matthew Lillard, I watched SLC Punk! the other night.

It's basically gurny-face-Lillard ranting at the camera about Anarchy and stuff. Then he sells out at the end and attempts to justify it like a lame-o. The film was pretty enjoyable despite Shaggy from Scooby Doo being a bit of a dick. The guy's friends, Heroin Bob and Mike are great characters.

Actually, fuck, I watched Lillard getting raged at by George Clooney in The Descendants too. That prick gets everywhere.