aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I couldn't sleep last night, and Day of The Dead was on the telly, so I watched it. It was the 2008 remake, with some lass from American Pie in it. I've not seen the original, so I don't know how they compare. It was toss. Really, really bad. I don't watch alot of zombie films, especially not remakes, but when did Zombies start being able to sprint? Fuck that. Then there's a part where one guy gets bitten on the hand, so he slowly gets infected and turns into a zombie, but they (the survivors) let him travel along with them anyway because he's a vegetarian, so he won't eat people(?!?!), and he's the boyfriend of one of the survivors, and apparently the zombies retain some of their personality. Absolutely bonkers. So this vegetarian zombie is actually trying to fight the proper zombies, but he eventually gets his head ripped off or something. It's got all the usual horror movie cast. The pandering couple who scream at everything. The black guy with attitude who hates everyone, and some bad ass girl who is obviously a fully fledged weapons expert.

No idea what it's trying to do. There's no jumpy bits. There's no major amounts of gore. Just a pointless hour and a half.

Fast and Furious 5 - A simple wee jot back with our friends Vin Deisel and Paul Walker, some very realistic scenes like when they nose dive a £250k car off a cliff and just jump out mid air into the water, the simplicity is amazing. Plus there is not another film that will let you see Vin, Paul Walker and The Rock in the same scene, worth my £15 and a take away pizza. BUT, its no Tokyo Drift.

One thing that struck me about the film is its realism. When Big Vin flips those NOS switches on the bridge, popping a wheelie whilst towing over 18 tons of steel. Stunning attention to detail!

One thing that struck me about the film is its realism. When Big Vin flips those NOS switches on the bridge, popping a wheelie whilst towing over 18 tons of steel. Stunning attention to detail!

The weaving with the 18 ton vault on the bridge is one of the best scenes in any car film. Its exactly how i imagine that situation would be if i were Vin.