aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Collateral.

I think I'm actually beginning to like Tom Cruise as an actor. He's a shite person, but as an actor, very good.

He went up in my estimation after watching Tropic Thunder; he's about the only thing saving that moving from being complete and utter toot.

I watched La Haine for the second time this afternoon and it was awesome. Probably my favourite non-English language film.

I recently watched Pan's Labyrinth, which was definitely a good watch. Some nasty bits for sure, it has war themes and torture and war which is always bad.

I loved this film, thought at first it was a kids movie along the lines of Spiderwick Chronicles, but then realised FAR too dark and distubring for kiddies!! Can't wait for HOBBIT!

Watched "Outpost" on Sky Box Office on Saturday night - utter gash...

...then...

I watched Minority Report...complete bobbins...what a ludicrous storyline!

I'm happy to suspend my disbelief of an evening, but that was dangling it over Niagara Falls on frayed piece of string.

"You are under arrest for a crime that some watery tart dreamed that you will commit"

A justice system cannot be based on the visions of some moistened bint!

I've watched a few films over the last couple of days:

Timecop- Hasn't aged well. Decent enough no-brainer though.

Beowulf- Absolute shite. There were no redeeming factors at all. Not even CGI Angelina Jolie. Ray Winstone was shit. :down:

The Golden Compass- Second time i've seen it. It's nowhere near as good as the book but if you avoid judging it by that it's still a good film. Hopefully if they make the next book in the series they won't dumb it down as much. Chances of that happening are fairly slim though.

I'm going to see Quantum of Solace tonight. As long as Olga Kurylenko gets a decent amount of screen-time i will be more than happy. :up:

I watched Star Wars Episode IV on Sunday night, and The Empire Strikes Back last night.

nerd_alert.gif

When I watch a really, really good movie I get this feeling - it's a bit like having a great meal, I feel completely fulfilled and totally satisfied. It actually does remind me of eating, as though I'm chewing up and swallowing parts of the movie (weird huh?). And I get completely sucked into the story, and I usually spend the whole next day talking about it. It's a very rare feeling and it's only happened a handful of times (in recent memory, Batman Begins and Gladiator have brought it on). Anyway I get it every time I watch The Empire Strikes Back. There's so much going on in that movie, there's not a moment of screen time wasted, it's progressing the story from the very first minute to the very last. It's really dark in places (Han Solo encased in carbonite! C3PO gets blown up! Luke Skywalker gets his hand chopped off!), which I think sets it apart from the other 2. You really care about the characters, not just because you grew up watching them but just because they are so well written. Fucking love it. George Lucas I salute you.

'In Bruges', funny and thoughtful, enjoyed a lot.

'In Pot We Trust' a multi-threaded look at the medical marijuana issue in the US, revealing the mealy mouthed hypocricy of the prohibition lobby, and some before and afters of very ill people's symptoms improving after a toot.

Couldn't find any more films starting with the word in.

I watched Star Wars Episode IV on Sunday night, and The Empire Strikes Back last night.

nerd_alert.gif

When I watch a really, really good movie I get this feeling - it's a bit like having a great meal, I feel completely fulfilled and totally satisfied. It actually does remind me of eating, as though I'm chewing up and swallowing parts of the movie (weird huh?). And I get completely sucked into the story, and I usually spend the whole next day talking about it. It's a very rare feeling and it's only happened a handful of times (in recent memory, Batman Begins and Gladiator have brought it on). Anyway I get it every time I watch The Empire Strikes Back. There's so much going on in that movie, there's not a moment of screen time wasted, it's progressing the story from the very first minute to the very last. It's really dark in places (Han Solo encased in carbonite! C3PO gets blown up! Luke Skywalker gets his hand chopped off!), which I think sets it apart from the other 2. You really care about the characters, not just because you grew up watching them but just because they are so well written. Fucking love it. George Lucas I salute you.

Irvin whatshisname deserves a lot of credit too, there's a great transcript from the set of when they were filming the pre-carbonite scene and it changed a lot from the script, for example I seem to recall that Han's original reply to Leia's "I love you" was "I love you too". :down:

However watching any of the first three these days just serves to remind me how fucking shit the prequels are.

Irvin whatshisname deserves a lot of credit too, there's a great transcript from the set of when they were filming the pre-carbonite scene and it changed a lot from the script, for example I seem to recall that Han's original reply to Leia's "I love you" was "I love you too". :down:

However watching any of the first three these days just serves to remind me how fucking shit the prequels are.

comic-book-guy_thumb.gif

The first one was shit. Two was OK as a stand-alone film but pretty poor as part of the Star Wars universe. They got it together by the third one I think, I liked that one a lot. Anakin's downfall and turn to the dark side makes for compelling viewing, and then getting his ass handed to him by Obi Wan Kenobi.

The first one was shit. Two was OK as a stand-alone film but pretty poor as part of the Star Wars universe. They got it together by the third one I think, I liked that one a lot. Anakin's downfall and turn to the dark side makes for compelling viewing, and then getting his ass handed to him by Obi Wan Kenobi.

I can go with your call on the 1st two prequels, but 3 was ding as well, Perhaps it is in the edit but it appears that Anakin goes off in a child-slaughtering rampage (sorry, 'younglings', George you total div, if you had used the word children there may have been an emotional payoff as people, shock horror, actually RELATE to something thats happening on screen, by saying younglings like a div, it is removed from any chance that we think; 'crikey, hes killing kids, thats pretty evil' as in say, SPOILER ALERT>>>'In... a belgian city, ahem' <<<<SPOILER ALERT OVER) because he's in a sulk coz he can't go out with his bird, not much of a genesis myth in my book.

I can go with your call on the 1st two prequels, but 3 was ding as well, Perhaps it is in the edit but it appears that Anakin goes off in a child-slaughtering rampage (sorry, 'younglings', George you total div, if you had used the word children there may have been an emotional payoff as people, shock horror, actually RELATE to something thats happening on screen, by saying younglings like a div, it is removed from any chance that we think; 'crikey, hes killing kids, thats pretty evil' as in say, SPOILER ALERT>>>'In... a belgian city, ahem' <<<<SPOILER ALERT OVER) because he's in a sulk coz he can't go out with his bird, not much of a genesis myth in my book.

He kills all those women and children in episode 2 once he finds his mother dead, which is pretty cool.

Two was OK? Attack of the clones is one of the greatest abominations known to man!

*rocks back and forth clutching the original cuts of the original trilogy*

It's got some good bits. I didn't mind it actually, it's a big step up from the pish that was Episode 1. Plus Jar Jar Binks only gets about 3 lines in it.

Death to Gungans.