aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I don't think i've seen the Football Factory either o_O How'd that one slip by me!

It's got Danny Dyer - one "actor", who lives up to his name. Absolutely fucking dire. No' a bad movie though.

The original "Firm" is an Allan Clarke movie and starred Gary Oldman and a cast of UK TV regulars and is absolutely superb. I have it DVD, you can borrow it if you like. Oldman is fantastic in the lead.

It's got Danny Dyer - one "actor", who lives up to his name. Absolutely fucking dire. No' a bad movie though.

The original "Firm" is an Allan Clarke movie and starred Gary Oldman and a cast of UK TV regulars and is absolutely superb. I have it DVD, you can borrow it if you like. Oldman is fantastic in the lead.

Yeah, i'm in two minds as to whether i've seen Football Factory now or not. It came out while i was in Australia so i definitely didn't see it at the cinema. I think i may have seen it on DVD or TV though.

Yeh, i'll have a borrow of The Firm from you if that's ok :)

The remake is apparently being done by Nick Love. I wonder if they'll use little-known actors again or whether they'll drag in some big names. Having looked it up on IMDB, it looks like a 2010 release and the only actor tagged to it at the moment is a guy called Daniel Mays, who's playing Yeti. He's been a bit-part actor for the past 7 years or so, mostly small parts in a few blockbusters.

*worst plot device ever - Cruise is running away from the the baddies' date=' he jumps through a window several storeys up and lands.....into an open trailer full of jute....parked between two buildings in the legal district - you see it being parked earlier in the movie....a lorry load of jute..parked in the high finance and legals district...gie's fucking peace o_O[/quote']

I should preface my remarks by admitting I've only seen the film once, when it came out (1993?), in the cinema (ABC, RIP), but there is one ridiculous bit that is left completely unexplained.

If memory serves Tom Cruise goes to sneak around his boss (Gene Hackman?)'s house, Gene Hackman comes back so he hides, but accidentally knocks over a bottle of beer.

It breaks and the beer spills on the floor. The camera makes a deliberate point of zooming in on it so that we notice.

But then it's never mentioned again! What was the point of it?

Camp Star Wars talk aside, i'm watching Green Street. A man's film. I enjoyed it at the cinema. Just as enjoyable on the small screen.

Not as good as the Football Factory, the violence is too choreographed and Hollywoodified. You really think casuals do elbow drops off phone boxes? :laughing: Plus that lead guy's Cockney accent is laughably bad. I could do a better Cockney accent than that, and I've only been to London twice.

I'm guessing the Battle Droids are powered remotely from the control ship, and their heads are held on magnetically - no power, no magnetism, no head....QUOTE]

Good theory - mine, however, is that George thought it would be a 'cute' little touch to make the young 'uns giggle like all the annoying Special Edition add-ins to 'A New Hope', etc like Jawas falling off beasties and swinging on the reins when the speeder passes in Mos Eisley....yeah, HILARIOUS stuff George....

Or the From Dusk Till Dawn sequels.

Or barb wire...

Watched MORE (1969) last night, Pink Floyd sound tracked movie bout sex, drugs and erm more sex n drugs...oh and Ibiffa! :D Guy gets involved with a rogue woman and involved in heroin. Really old classic dialogue and quite funny acting (of complete 60's style). Altho not meant to be funny, some of it was quite laugh out loud for random reaction/script and some bits plain right bizarre! . Worth a watch :D

got the girlies coming on Monday for Some Colour Purple, must be about 20yr since saw that last!! Probably be greeting me eyes oot...again!

i'll second that its superb. and weird seeing corrie's jim macdonald talking with a cockney accent!!! probably the best hooligan film i've seen (although technically it is a tv play)