aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

This is what happens when somebody has a couple of hits and the film studios allow them to make their self-indulgent "dream projects".

It seems like it was a case of the studio just trusting Apatow that it would turn out funny and noone telling him to wise up and actually write proper jokes. And, it has totally put me off Seth Rogen. It's that annoying stoner laugh he's got.

Watched Nightbreed last night and i must say that it has stood the test of time very well. I enjoyed it 14 years ago when i saw it first and it was just as enjoyable on a second viewing 14 years later.

The special effects were good enough to not look too outdated and ridiculous as well.

Now, if only 20th Century Fox would allow Clive Barker to find the missing footage and do a directors cut we may just see it get a DVD/Blu Ray release over here at last!

I had a go at "Southland Tales" last night. Hmmm..... I liked the premise of it and it had some good ideas, but it just seemed to be like a whole bunch of random scenes and characters with no connection. It had no direction, a really confusing plot, amd the filmmakers didn't really seem to care about the fact that it was ridiculously complex and didn't try to explain any of it. It just left me puzzled. Though I did switch it off before the end so it might all come together, but by the point I switched it off at (about 20 minutes from the end) I'd stopped paying attention anyway. I think they were aiming for highbrow but it was just pretentious. I wouldn't waste your time.

VERDICT - Thumbs Down.

Ah well. The soundtrack is good. Radiohead, Muse, Pixies etc....

I watched Spellbound last night which was oddly compelling. It was a documentary about the US National Spelling Bee. I've never gotten so excited over spelling before, it was literally edge of the seat stuff! :laughing:

VERDICT - THUMPS UP

I also purchased last night (but have yet to watch)

No Country For Old Men

Waitress

Happy Go Lucky

Diary Of The Dead

Heathers

Once.

No Country For Old Men really annoyed me! getting into it then boom WTF just happened to that story line I was just watching?

Diary Of The Dead ace

Heathers haven't seen for years but remember it being good at the time

Watched recently

The Colour Purple - right wee weepy! haven't seen in about 15yrs, hasn't aged for a 80's movie unlike Big Trouble... etc and such a good flick, hav eto say tears were indeed welling!!

CJ7- Japanese I think kids movie dubbed with english bout an alien toy/animal thingy - for a kids movie there is some brutualness about it, nothing spectacular like but watched it anyhoo

James Bond - oooooh errrr Daniel has to be my no2 Bond (Connery no1 of course). jam packed with action and sexiness these last two have definitley rekindled my bond appeal :)

Mamma Mia - Had to watch it to see what like, am I being blonde when I say the way they have slotted in the music with the film is really cleverly done....or am I missing something? fun light hearted girly movie, passed with the exception that i was ill and needed some cheering up!