aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Heat

I have had this for ages and finally set about watching it. The car chase scene is the best I have ever seen. Far better than the one seen in Ronin! Its one of the best crime films ever in my view. The pairing of Pacino and De Niro will never be matched this good again!

the Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Not entirely sure what to make of it.

On the one hand I loved the cinematography and Affleck + Pitt are two of my favourite actors and didn't disappoint.

On the other hand, it was bloody boring at times, far too long and a bit too surreal.

I think basically the problem is that they tried to string out what little historical facts they did have too much. The narrative was a bit overblown at times as well.

Re-watched the Cabinet of Dr. Caliagri for the first time in years. Still an awesome bit of cinema.

Also re-watched I am Legend. Terrible adaptation, but not a wholly awful movie. They should have done something else with the vampires. They also ruined the ending.

If you haven't read the book, please please do. One of my favourite reads. You'll finish it in an evening once you get into it.

Re-watched the Cabinet of Dr. Caliagri for the first time in years. Still an awesome bit of cinema.

Also re-watched I am Legend. Terrible adaptation, but not a wholly awful movie. They should have done something else with the vampires. They also ruined the ending.

If you haven't read the book, please please do. One of my favourite reads. You'll finish it in an evening once you get into it.

The should have done something else with the leading man...like replace him with someone who can act

The Cabinet of Dr. Caliagri is the dugs baws!

People in films only seem to want to search places at night. I say sleep on it, then go monster hunting in the morning. Best plan ever :up:

Indeed! And why do they always head TOWARDS the noise?!?!?! Get the fuck away from the noise and go somewhere quiet. Fuck me. And get a gun/hammer/axe/bread knife to at least have some form of protection.

Indeed! And why do they always head TOWARDS the noise?!?!?! Get the fuck away from the noise and go somewhere quiet. Fuck me. And get a gun/hammer/axe/bread knife to at least have some form of protection.

Yeah, there's something to be said for being tooled up in a film. I too would be trying to get as far away from untoward noises as possible. And why do people insist on opening shut doors/lifting up sheets that are draped over ominous shapes etc when there's something dubious going on? Best left alone if you ask me.

It's true - case in point Resident Evil 2.

The whole city has gone completely bugfuck, the flesh-hungry dead are walking all over the place, so in an attempt to escape the city - and the danger, two highly experienced cops and a gennetically enhanced superhuman decide that he best route of exit is.....

.....to walk straight through a fucking graveyard!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original). The girl at the end is being chased through a pitch dark forest by a chainsaw weilding maniac. While running away what does she do? Screams her fucking head off so that even though he can't see her he can just follow the screaming and find her. Hide in a fucking bush and keep quiet you silly bint.

Perfect Creature - vampies & humans live side by side and one goes rouge being the first vampire in 300 yrs to kill a human...so vamp cop & human cop work together to catch him

I watched this when I was quite tired, but there wasn't really much to offer (dougray scott ??) wasn't up to much and not really worth watching imo

Meet Dave - I found this rather amusing, Dave (eddie murphy - not one of my fave actors but I didn't know he was in till watching) he's a bunch of tiny wee aliens operating a big life size eddie murphy, blasted to earth to find a space rock type thing, but they take a bit of time to get used to what humans do, walk , talk, smile etc amsuing family movie

Santa's Slay! Truly terrible! Had so much promise, pishy b-movie in which santa (played by Bill Goldberg) goes apeshit and starts killing abody! If they'd not tried so hard to wedge massive plot into it bumped it up to an 18 and just concentrated on more humorous seasonal killing it might of been pretty entertaining brainless fun.

Oh and saw Zack n Miri last night too, was pretty funny, but I thought all the hilarious groundwork they put in the first half was let down but a rather rom-com-by-numbers ending. Still good tho.

Santa's Slay! Truly terrible! Had so much promise, pishy b-movie in which santa (played by Bill Goldberg) goes apeshit and starts killing abody! If they'd not tried so hard to wedge massive plot into it bumped it up to an 18 and just concentrated on more humorous seasonal killing it might of been pretty entertaining brainless fun.

Oh and saw Zack n Miri last night too, was pretty funny, but I thought all the hilarious groundwork they put in the first half was let down but a rather rom-com-by-numbers ending. Still good tho.

ha ha ha or should I say ho ho ho thats sounds like my type of movie!! :D

Finally saw There will be blood a few nights ago.....time passed quickly, and I liked the quotable last line.

Then I watched Vatel (period cookery/suicide effort with great cast of Gerard Depardieu, Tim Roth, Timothy Spall etc). VG plus.

Last night I watched 36 (French cop effort with Depardieu again, and Daniel Auteuil). The ending was predictable, but still enjoyed it.

I watched Big Trouble in Little China alst night for the first time in ages.

Awesome stuff.

The Pork Chop Express!

oh fit, how different from the days of it just coming out.....fx has come a long way ;)

Love that film, used to believe I was worth of being Luapang's (sp) captives cause I had green eyes!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original). The girl at the end is being chased through a pitch dark forest by a chainsaw weilding maniac. While running away what does she do? Screams her fucking head off so that even though he can't see her he can just follow the screaming and find her. Hide in a fucking bush and keep quiet you silly bint.

Even better is when she is being chased by the hitchhiker at the end, limping along and he is quite obviously pretending he hasn't quite caught up with her and just kind of overacts and flails around beside her.

Saw 'Wanted' during the week, probably the first time in ages I've seen a comic book movie without having read the comic book first - apparently it's pretty different from the book though, I thoroughly enjoyed it - completely over-the-top action, decent violence and Jolie is pretty easy on ther eye. It's pure Mark Millar - can't wait for 'Kick Ass' now, if it's anything like the comic it'll be awesome.

Not movies, but this week I've mostly been watching season 4 Doctor Who, Doctor Who: Trial of a Timelord and anime series 'Tokko', which has been pretty good. For my sins, I'll be watching The Phantom Menace later....

:popcorn: