aberdeen-music

Madeleine McCann - The Movie...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
What's worse than letting Michael Jackson babysit your kids?

Letting the McCanns take them on holiday.

A recent fave was the rumour that Kate McCann was going to be the next England manager. She's only lost one in Europe...

:up:

On my favourite forum, there is currently a thread of spoof movie titles, ie Catch Me If You McCann, etc.

Wrong to laugh but, thats actually a joke of an idea.

What? are you telling us that Aberdeen-Music isn't your fave forum? - Cut to the bone I am ;(

Back on topic though - what is it about those two that encourages people (even fretful dads like me) to make/laugh at jokes about them?

They've experienced the scenario that every parents fears - the loss of a child - yet there's just something about those two that gives you the creeps.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Back on topic though - what is it about those two that encourages people (even fretful dads like me) to make/laugh at jokes about them?

Because it's so transparently obvious that they killed her and lied about it. Kate McCann is the most blatant Mrs. Munchausen you'll ever see...

A close second fave, what's the difference between Madeleine McCann and Pope John Paul II?

The Pope died a virgin...

They've experienced the scenario that every parents fears - the loss of a child - yet there's just something about those two that gives you the creeps.

I totally agree. On one hand (as a worried dad myself) I feel for them for the loss of their child, but there is a certain indefinable quality about them that makes me shudder.

It's hard to put your finger on it, but their whole persona and the way they have reacted just doesn't seem quite right somehow.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Exactly. As I have always reiterated... Your child is missing, what do you do? Go for a fucking jog!o_O

She had no choice, she'd slipped to page 5 in the papers so she had to do something to get her self-righteous mug back into the headli..er, I mean, keep the focus on finding "Maddie", who is dead.

Kate Mccan just seems to have treated the whole thing as an inconvienience. She looks so bored of the whole thing. She needs to step away from the red tops and ITV news and get some perspective on the whole thing and realise that guilty or not the whole thing is her and her husbands fault. I don't give a damn who you are or how safe the resort seems, you do not leave your children alone so you can have a meal with your mates. Get a grip. You wanted kids, be aware that any holidays you take with them from birth til the age of around 16 are going to be based around the kids enjoyment, not yours.

O.K so the Mcanns are getting a bashing, and some may say rightly so.

However, hands up any of you that have lost a child for more than say 48hrs. If you have then you must know the utter panic that goes on in your head. If, on the other hand, you haven't then how can you blame anyone for the way they have reacted or treated a situation when you have absolutely no idea how you or anyone else would react.

Her eyes look dead? Maybe she's just a mother who has lost a child in the worst possible circumstance knowing full well that it is partly her fault. No wonder her eyes look dead, having to put a brave face on for ther watching world while inside you just want it to be you that is dead. Or maybe she's just a secret myra hindley...who knows.

Now i'm not going to sit here and defend the Mcanns to the hilt. I think what they did was extremely irresponsible. I also believe that it is unjust that thousands of homeless and deprived children go missing every year around the world, yet a middle class family lose their blue eyed girl at an up market resort and the world is up in arms.

But just don't asume that the Mcanns killed their child based on the malicious rumours of a farcicle Portuguese police force. At the end of the day if they admit it wasn't the Mcanns fault then they admit that Madeleine was abducted and in doing so that it was their bumbling efforts in the first 48hrs of her reported dissapearance that has led to her probable death.

Cheers

(possible lack of correct grammar contained within)