aberdeen-music

Your first favourite band?

Zippy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my gosh ben quik, def leppard were also my first love! i was about 5 or 6 and my brothers used to play it to me and i always thought the singer would be really hot! then when i actually saw him i was so let down. anyone ever heard of the london boys???? also favourites of mine i think they were a german pop duo

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

You have no idea how old that makes me feel.

Mine was probably Gn'R, swiftly replaced with the Wildhearts when I was about 14. Infact I distinctly remember turning around a Metal Hammer Nirvana poster to reveal an image of Ginger on the other side. I still have the poster too.

Just i'm betting that all the excited grunge kids who bothered to turn the poster over wouldn't know who ginger is. even now.

happy birthday by the way.

Originally posted by kiki:

oh my gosh ben quik, def leppard were also my first love! i was about 5 or 6 and my brothers used to play it to me and i always thought the singer would be really hot! then when i actually saw him i was so let down.

I remember taking an ex-girlfriend's little brother to se them at the University Union, when the drummer still had two arms.

The first bands I actually got into properly must have been Korn and Less Than Jake.

But before that, I did like dancing on my sofa to Dire Straits or Van Morrison.

I also distinctly remember "La Bamba" being my favourite song, until my car ate the tape that it was on. I was so upset and angry at that car! :(

Originally posted by kiki:

haha!!!! they played at the university union? when was this??? for a moment i thought you meant the london boys played the union, but alas i am yet to find another being on this planet who has heard of them..........

it is my sad duty to inform you that the backflipping teutonic twosome died in a bus crash some time ago ...