aberdeen-music

Sega or Nintendo?

Lemonade

Which side were you on? My first console was a Megadrive (which I still have) and I swore by it. A few of my friends had SNES but they just weren't for me. I was Sega through and through. I also had a Master System converter (great piece of kit) and a Game Gear. Sonic could kick Mario's Italian ass any day.

Though it says a lot for Nintendo that they're still up there competing and selling more consoles than ever. I think the Saturn and the Dreamcast both flopping one after the other pretty much nailed the Sega coffin shut. My mate bought a Saturn while I bought a Playstation and he swore that Sony would be a flash in the pan and soon everyone would see sense and buy a Saturn. Within about 6 months he saw sense and bought a Playstation. I still play my Megadrive when I get the chance. :love:

Guest Neutral
Which side were you on? My first console was a Megadrive (which I still have) and I swore by it. A few of my friends had SNES but they just weren't for me. I was Sega through and through. I also had a Master System converter (great piece of kit) and a Game Gear. Sonic could kick Mario's Italian ass any day.

Though it says a lot for Nintendo that they're still up there competing and selling more consoles than ever. I think the Saturn and the Dreamcast both flopping one after the other pretty much nailed the Sega coffin shut. My mate bought a Saturn while I bought a Playstation and he swore that Sony would be a flash in the pan and soon everyone would see sense and buy a Saturn. Within about 6 months he saw sense and bought a Playstation. I still play my Megadrive when I get the chance. :love:

Sega aren't dead

My megadrive is still going strong, truxton FTW

Dreamcast

Megadrive

NES

Gamecube

XBOX

WII

i like all games when it comes down to it. in my personal preference i'd say my preference is this:

xbox360

wii

megadrive

snes

mastersystem

saturn

playstation 3

hahahahahaha, my page only showed down to saturn, i scrolled down and saw playstation 3 there hilarious stuff man!

i had a master system then a snes,nintendo man since then, although i'm tempted to buy an xbox 360 also. you can stick yer PS3 up yer bum sony

Guest Neutral
SNES had Chrono Trigger, FF IV-VI, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Front Mission, Bahamut Lagoon, Earthbound, Mario RPG and Radical Dreamers.

Mega Drive had Shining Force.

so the snes had more shit games than the md?

The order I've had has been:-

(Inherited) Commodore 64

(Brother's) Panasonic 3DO

Sony Playstation

PS2

PS3

:up:

My order is (including handhelds):

Einstein computer (anyone remember this?)

C64

NES

Game Boy

SNES

N64

PC (I remember the first game I got with my PC - MDK :))

GBA

PS2

Another PC (Deus Ex :))

Saturn

Game Gear

DS

Current PC (Bioshock :))

Wii

I have been wanting to get a Neo Geo, but the prices of the cartridges just doesn't seem worth it (about 80 for a King of Fighters or Samurai Shodown)

Did anyone actually manage to beat Death Adder? He is fucking impossible.

Me and my mate completed it in a 2 player back when we were nippers, we were pretty serious gamers back when you could complete a game in a couple of hours. I don't really play many games these days as generally I find they are so difficult now they've stopped being fun.

Great MD games:

Streets of Rage 1,2,3

Sonic 1 & 2

Golden Axe 1 & 2

Fantasia/Quackshot/Enchanted Castle

Mortal Kombat 1 & 2

Road Rash 2

John Madden 92

Sensible Soccer

WWF Raw

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

Revenge Of Shinobi

James Pond / Aquatic Games

Cool Spot

Krusty's Super Fun House

Toejam & Earl

The Terminator

I went.....

Spectrum ZX something

Mega Drive

PC

Saturn

Playstation (bought this modded in Abu Dhabi where there were heaps of shops selling copied games at 2 each. Think I had about 120 games or something for it, fuck knows what happened to them all)

Playstation 2

PC

If I get a new console, it'll be a 360. If I actually learn to save money, I'd probably just get a souped up PC.

I'v taken a long route:

Plug in tv game

Atari 2600

C64

Master system

Snes

Gamegear

Playstation

then I went on a collecting spree:

Saturn

Megadrive*

nes

master system

dremacast*

gameboy advance

Playstation 2

Xbox

xbox crystal*

gameboy advance sp*

slimline ps2*

gameboy micro*

Gamecube*

snes*

ds*

neo geo*

xbox360*

ds lite*

Wii*

Gamecube *

Snes is the best one of all time for me. Has my top 3 games ever on it. Marioworld, Street Fighter 2 and Mario Kart.

* = still own