aberdeen-music

Celler 35 - Music Venue

Gemz

Guest idol_wild

Cellar 35 would be amazing fun to play! Decent, well-stocked wee bar and I think the place would have a great atmosphere even with only around 30 people there.

Which, let's face it, suits most of the line-ups The Tunnels has on week nights!

• 2 weeks later...

Engineer?

Hey!,

Just wanted to throw my hat into the engineer ring too. I've done a wee bit of work at the Tunnels and at Kilau for the acoustic sunday shows. Currently completing the HNC course at the college as well. Would be really keen to give this a go as I really like the cellar too. Cute little venue which should now fulfill it's potential a bit more hopefully!

After Saturday night most of the DIY gigs have been cancelled...

Il email everyone once im at home an have the diary infront of me...

This is due to the amount of damage caused at last Saturdays gig...smashed glasses, smashed lights and at one point the front man chinned someone that was body surfing which is also illegal...

I have been led to belive that a majority of the people were on there best behaviour but for those that were not they have wrecked it for everyone else...Saturday was make or break time to see if Celler 35 was going to make it a more permanent thing...

All the normal Celler 35 -Merkin Music nights will be going ahead as normal...

Cheers

Gemz

This is due to the amount of damage caused at last Saturdays gig...smashed glasses, smashed lights and at one point the front man chinned someone that was body surfing which is also illegal...

Gemz

This was all accidental, smashed glasses go with having alot of people in a small room with booze being involved, bands playing and people getting rowdy.

the smashed light was coz of the rubber ring im told, know one seems to know were that came from.

body surfing illegal? fit?

as for the front man chinning someone, im 99% thats untrue, if not, 100% accidental.

This was all accidental, smashed glasses go with having alot of people in a small room with booze being involved, bands playing and people getting rowdy.

the smashed light was coz of the rubber ring im told, know one seems to know were that came from.

body surfing illegal? fit?

as for the front man chinning someone, im 99% thats untrue, if not, 100% accidental.

Yeah these things do happen in all bars but when people are crowd surfing in Celler 35...probably the smallest venue known to mankind...of course things are gonna get broken...

From Wikipedia

In 2000, at the Roskilde Festival festival, nine people died and several were wounded because they were trampled during a Pearl Jam concert (also see CNN). Since then, crowd surfing has been made illegal at most festivals and concerts in Europe, and patrons can, in theory, be ejected from the venue for partaking in the act. This is usually written on the small-print of festival tickets. However as people rarely get thrown out for crowd surfing, it seems that the ban exists simply because companies running the festivals want legal protection from potential injury claims against them stemming from moshing or crowd surfing at these events.

The only other option i suggested was a deposit an if somethin got damaged it wouldnt be returned but i think Dave just dont want to have to deal with fixing things after a gig...which is fair enough...

8-)

After Saturday night most of the DIY gigs have been cancelled...

No offence, but if you are cancelling "DIY" gigs, then you aren't gonna get ANY gigs in Cellar 35 from now on? Surely all gigs there are people "doing it themselves (yourselves)".

I cant imagine the venue attracting mainline promoters.

Also, just out of curiosity, how much money will the lamp cost to fix? (Just wondered for bar sales gained vs small damage, not trying to say that causing any damage is acceptable, but i doubt it was intentional).

Breaking glasses is never intentional and its a weak excuse.

From Wikipedia

In 2000, at the Roskilde Festival festival, nine people died and several were wounded because they were trampled during a Pearl Jam concert (also see CNN). Since then, crowd surfing has been made illegal at most festivals and concerts in Europe, and patrons can, in theory, be ejected from the venue for partaking in the act. This is usually written on the small-print of festival tickets. However as people rarely get thrown out for crowd surfing, it seems that the ban exists simply because companies running the festivals want legal protection from potential injury claims against them stemming from moshing or crowd surfing at these events.

That's vague at best. I don't remember hearing about any law being passed in the UK after Roskilde which bans crowd surfing.

Doesn't stop some venues taking a hard line with it though.

That's vague at best. I don't remember hearing about any law being passed in the UK after Roskilde which bans crowd surfing.

Doesn't stop some venues taking a hard line with it though.

You mean you've never heard of the Crowd Surfing Prohibition (Scotland) Act 2005?

Crowd surfing must be a criminal act because it says you're not allowed to do it on the back of your ticket. :rolleyes: