aberdeen-music

Celler 35 - Music Venue

Gemz

Guest Tam o' Shantie

we booked it with Dave yeah, it's sort of just a christmas party, officially it's a private function but there aren't invitations or anything - we're gonna be doing some DJing/scratching and playing fun tunes for everyone to enjoy.

December 1st with In Decades Decline, Broken Oath and Forever Tied. Thats pretty much the best Scottish hardcore line-up in Aberdeen since Drakes closed. Yas!

Fuck sake, im offshore then aswell, i aways fuckin miss Broken Oath. I think the last time i saw them was at the East Neuk, when tey went on something like 5mins before closing time!! That was an awsome night! Pissed off im missin this one too!!

I would love to Play Cellar 35, been a few times and i fuckin love it!! :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
That music aint my cuppa tea at all but we cant just put on bands we like...

There is a huge market for that kinda music...

Gemz

Cellar 35 was pretty much the only venue in Aberdeen putting on DIY HC gigs in the mid-90's. 1996 was the peak year with Active Minds, Los Crudos, Cress and Dropdead tearing the fucking place down on separate occasions. It went tits up when the Headache guitarist literally stomped a whole in the floor and the owner threw a pissy fit, which I suppose he was entitled to do.

It wasn't all rosy back in the day, though. Most of the gigs were spoiled by the fucking jitters who turned up out of their skulls on fuck knows what, thought they had the right to get in without paying, stank like fucking goats, gave the Bloodshot! guys grief on a regular basis and some of them even took their mangy dogs into the place itself. The Active Minds gig was cut short by some scrofulous bitch jumping on Bobs' back while he was still playing, so he stopped there and then. You couldn't blame him, Christ knows what the flea-ridden hag passed on to him.

Doom wrote their song "(We hate) the Brew Crew" about these leeches, and I still reckon more should have been done to stop the fuckers spoiling it for everyone else. On the plus side, they haven't been seen at a gig for years so hopefully this won't stop you putting on punk gigs.

:up:

I might come to this actually....for the experiance...never been to a gig like this before an its scarey...everyone seems so angry...

Gemz

I might come to this actually....for the experiance...never been to a gig like this before an its scarey...everyone seems so angry...

Gemz

Auch you'll love every second of it .... the atmosphere at d.i.y gigs such as this cannot be topped even if the music might not be your sort of thing.

The people who go to and whom are involved with the d.i.y gigs are probably the best people you could ever meet , not once have i experianced any sort of hostility or " bad vibes " ........ you can make many a friend if you have good heckles !