aberdeen-music

Favourite Ever Aberdeen band.

Lemonade

The 1864 In Art stuff on the myspace is the only official stuff we did but I've also got a few recordings of some stuff we were working on when we stopped. Not great quality but I can chuck it up as well.

I thought I'd got the year in the name wrong. Quite surprised I got it right. Just got the whole name the wrong way round. Whoops!

Yes, tis me. I lasted a year or two I think.

Cool. I once answered an ad on here from a band called "Parity's Fall" who were looking for another guitarist. I seem to remember the audition process mostly involved drinking, playing Call of Duty and answering questions about whether I liked the Terminator, Warhammer and what I thought of the name Cast of the Capital... although I did play a rehearsal with them. Didn't come to anything, but obviously they did being someone in later. So, yeah, just curious.

• Upvote 1

(that was to the fanzine question)

milner: i think i have a copy of most of them somewhere... probably

Bri, any chance of you resurrecting the Fudge Fanzine as a blog or something? I'd be happy to contribute in terms of reviewing local recorded material etc (don;t get out and about to gigs so much)

I had a dig earlier and found stuff by Liber8, Hookes Green, Sinister Waltz, The 44s, We Become Less, Contra, Small Enclosed Area, Tar, Sirius, Dos Dedos (obviously), Alphabetty fanzine, Alternative101 fanzine and loads of fudge compilations.

So I'm going to rip it all this evening. Fire me an invite and I'll put it on dropbox.

Bri, any chance of you resurrecting the Fudge Fanzine as a blog or something? I'd be happy to contribute in terms of reviewing local recorded material etc (don;t get out and about to gigs so much)

i intend to squeeze one or two out for fundraising next time i'm driving something unsuitable somewhere dangerous to raise money for underpriveleged children. what a guy i am.

Cool. I once answered an ad on here from a band called "Parity's Fall" who were looking for another guitarist. I seem to remember the audition process mostly involved drinking, playing Call of Duty and answering questions about whether I liked the Terminator, Warhammer and what I thought of the name Cast of the Capital... although I did play a rehearsal with them. Didn't come to anything, but obviously they did being someone in later. So, yeah, just curious.

You probably dodged a bullet to be fair!

I've got the Baby Can I EP. Sirius teetered right on the edge tho; when they were good they were great but when they were bad, christ they were bad!

True story. I always thought Sirius were terrific musically, but live Terry was so intent on climbing over things / smashing things that he couldn't sing at the same time and it spoiled their sound. I wanted to shake him sometimes and shout "Stand still and just fucking SING!". I remember some epic Terry carnage. Splitting his own head open with a microphone stand in Drummonds, punching a hole in the wall in Drummonds, destroying Christy's drumkit during the first song of a set in the Dungeon. Never knew what the fucker was going to do next.

True story. I always thought Sirius were terrific musically, but live Terry was so intent on climbing over things / smashing things that he couldn't sing at the same time and it spoiled their sound. I wanted to shake him sometimes and shout "Stand still and just fucking SING!". I remember some epic Terry carnage. Splitting his own head open with a microphone stand in Drummonds, punching a hole in the wall in Drummonds, destroying Christy's drumkit during the first song of a set in the Dungeon. Never knew what the fucker was going to do next.

I remember bob telling me about him playing a few gigs on bass for Sirrius, he always said it was a case of put your head down and ignore everything else that was going on on stage otherwise you would never get through a gig. There was a good story about terry kicking moniters off the stage in a place in Dundee, i think the stage was higher off the ground than kef's was.

BTW if you want in PM me your email and ill add you tonight.