aberdeen-music

Favourite Ever Aberdeen band.

Lemonade

After all these years my favourite Aberdeen band would always be Real Shocks, I remember getting from Mark three singles from Lithium Records in late 2001 - The Needles, Josephine and Real Shocks and the latter just blew me away. A very close second would be Maple but there were many a fine band in the granite city during my time there, Electric Tibet deffo deserve a mention so much potential! Should dig all me old demos out the box room and give them a spin!

After all these years my favourite Aberdeen band would always be Real Shocks, I remember getting from Mark three singles from Lithium Records in late 2001 - The Needles, Josephine and Real Shocks and the latter just blew me away. A very close second would be Maple but there were many a fine band in the granite city during my time there, Electric Tibet deffo deserve a mention so much potential! Should dig all me old demos out the box room and give them a spin!

What you should do is get them out and get some uploaded onto this dropbox!! :)

Yeah that is one of the best local band EP's there were going about back then. Self recorded if i remember correctly, phil?

Thanks guys. Yeah, we recorded/mixed all our EPs ourselves but that one sounds the best in my opinion. We'd kind of settled into our sound recording-wise by then. The stuff from after that EP is kicking around on my hard drive too so i'll upload that at some point. I also have the Free EP that we handed out for free at gigs when we first started as well (it's a bit more rough and ready but still great) and the Christmas single.

• Upvote 2

Just uploaded the Cap Santé! EP 'Wampeters, Foma and Granfalloons'

Like all my bands do, we split up too soon. We only did 2 gigs, then things got weird. Quite proud of this demo we did though. You might like it if you dig all that jangly indie rock ripping off Cap'n Jazz that was all the rage a few years ago. The whole thing was recorded, somehow, by the mic built in to the side of a Macbook. The actual CD looked pretty neat too. Hand made card sleeves. You're lucky if you got one. I didn't even get one.

I'll do the DROSS cd tomorrow. I need to rip it from the CD. By the way, if you want one, plus a handful of DROSS stickers, hit me up. I've got FUCKLOADS.

• Upvote 1

Didn't you play keys in the Real Shocks at one point?