aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

ONE DARREN MACKIE!

Classic performance from the "world's greatest fans". Silence broken only when they have a tape played for them to sing along to, followed by some outstanding early departure.

Special mention to Andy Considine - really stepped up when Diamond went off. But every player who gave us something as sweet as a win over the Bhastards in their own midden has my endless gratitude/love.

"We fucked the boys in emerald green."

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great level of commitment from the lads. severin was magnificent (although he's still normally shite). Mackie took his goal superbly (ditto re: him as well though) Maybury great 2nd half. ermm Soutar, Diamond, Considine even McNamara were all collossal.

I'd hope for the QoS game to played at McDiarmid park. A Scottish Cup Semi-Final should be packed to the rafters of wherever it is played and although i suspect there'd be a decent support at Tyncecastle i dont want to see a single empty seat at my first proper cup Semi Final.

Still dont want to let myself dream of Hampden...The agony of the 4-1 is far too fresh in the mind.

And it might finally shut up the Seve-haters, as he was tremendous tonight.

Doesn't escape the fact that he's been shite for going on two years since Heikkinen (sp) left. He's only started playing again the past month, pretty much since Touzani came back in.

I'm glad to see Seve back to what he's capable of though. We play much better when he's on form.

Magik result.

In case anyone is interested....

U21 SQUAD TO PLAY FINLAND IN EURO CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER NAMED

Wednesday, 19 Mar 2008

Billy Stark has named his U21 squad for the UEFA European Championship Qualifying match against Finland next week. The match takes place at Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen on Wednesday 26th March. Kick-off is at 5.30 pm and the match is live on Sky Sports.

Tickets can be purchased in advance from Aberdeen FC's Ticket Office on 0871 983 1903 or by cash admission on the evening of the match.

Adults 5, Juvenile / Concessions 2

In case anyone is interested....

U21 SQUAD TO PLAY FINLAND IN EURO CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER NAMED

Wednesday, 19 Mar 2008

Billy Stark has named his U21 squad for the UEFA European Championship Qualifying match against Finland next week. The match takes place at Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen on Wednesday 26th March. Kick-off is at 5.30 pm and the match is live on Sky Sports.

Tickets can be purchased in advance from Aberdeen FC's Ticket Office on 0871 983 1903 or by cash admission on the evening of the match.

Adults 5, Juvenile / Concessions 2

I might pop along to that.

You going?

Last night was great, although those last 20 minutes were murder, i just kept thinking about that last minute goal in the last game. That's the first time i've been that close to Celtic fans too, was only 4 rows away, and they were really quiet and not happy when we scored (wonder why :)) Got a few scarves thrown our way at the end.

Thought the aberdeen fans were great, we were soo loud.

I still can't stop smiling (had to walk back to the car after the game and we were parked in the celtic end, trying to blend in with all them and not smile was not easy :))

Last night was great, although those last 20 minutes were murder, i just kept thinking about that last minute goal in the last game. That's the first time i've been that close to Celtic fans too, was only 4 rows away, and they were really quiet and not happy when we scored (wonder why :)) Got a few scarves thrown our way at the end.

Thought the aberdeen fans were great, we were soo loud.

I still can't stop smiling (had to walk back to the car after the game and we were parked in the celtic end, trying to blend in with all them and not smile was not easy :))

Great night eh? My brother's just showed me his smashed up shins after falling down a couple of rows of seats when Mackie scored :laughing:

If anyone wants a laugh, I'll see if I can find the link to a Celtic fan doing his own commentary on the whole game, some of it's fucking priceless.

"And Aberdeen have scored...fuck sake man!"

Although it'll never come close to being as funny as standing yards away from thousands of miserable Celtic fans, all realising, possibly with a little help from us, that they are in fact going to win fuck all.

Great night eh? My brother's just showed me his smashed up shins after falling down a couple of rows of seats when Mackie scored :laughing:

If anyone wants a laugh, I'll see if I can find the link to a Celtic fan doing his own commentary on the whole game, some of it's fucking priceless.

"And Aberdeen have scored...fuck sake man!"

Although it'll never come close to being as funny as standing yards away from thousands of miserable Celtic fans, all realising, possibly with a little help from us, that they are in fact going to win fuck all.

Yeah, they didn't seem to happy when that was pointed out :) Didn't stop us from singing it though.

I have a huge bruise on the back of my leg cos of that goal, jumped up and caught the top of the chair behind me.

Find the link, would love to hear that commentary :)

Wonder how many fans will turn out for the semi? Not a great kick off time, will have to get up early, and i ain't a morning person :(

Guest idol_wild
I'd quite like Rangers in the final, just to see if they can beat us in one without crippling our keeper in the first few minutes.

More than likely. Rangers are better than Aberdeen.