aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

The fact is Lokomotiv are a much bigger team than we are so to get a draw we should still be happy.

Saying that, Chris Clark should never get a start for Aberdeen. He was absolutly horrendous! The wind and the referee didn't help matters either.

If Copenhagen get beat by Athletico, Lokomotiv get beat by Panathanaikos and fail to win against Copenhagen and we beat Copenhagen then we are through.

Tough, but still a possibility.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild

Chris Clark, cheesh. Fucking knew JC would do that. Damned frustrating. He's a "smashing lad" though. New position in the Aberdeen team=smashing lad?:swearing::swearing::swearing:

Like what you did there. JC undoubtedly likes a player who works hard over ability.

I felt we had the better of the first half, with Aluko showing some nice touches (he is, however, the luckiest dribbler of the ball I've ever seen!). Lee Miller should have scored when the ball fell to him on the 18 yard line.

They were wise to our counter-attacking ways in the second period though, and set their defence flat and deep. We had no-one who could penetrate this. They are a good side and they will qualify from the group.

Foster had a total shocker, but he never hid from the ball - he always wanted it and got forward. Just a pity he gave the ball away each time. And I've never been a Chris Clark fan. Yes, he works hard, but he doesn't have the guts to be an effective winger.

Severin was hot and cold. Not a performance to merit his captain status, however. Zander Diamond was immense. He never put a foot wrong all evening.

Clark was rubbish. Foster had an off day and Miller should have been hooked sooner as we had a distinct lack of pace up front. But overall I thought it was a good game. 1 point isn't a disaster, disappointing but not the end of the world. Diamond was immense, Aluko was awesome in the first half and Nicholson had another good game as well. Thought Maguire did well once he came on too.

I couldn't feel my hands or feet by the end of it.

They had Aluko well covered. Two on him all the time he was on the pitch.

Just felt we took a little step backwards last night after the extremely promising performance at the weekend. If you see a few of the lacking players around town in future see if you can politely wallop them in the leg or something. I like the newbies much better! Touzani over Severin last night! 'My favourites are fit so I will play them says JC, but wait they are not fit and some of there are crud! I swear there are two Jimmy Calderwoods and they never watch the same games!

All this said, the fact that we are moaning about a deserved draw with a team that was expected to gub us, is heartening:up:

and

The Dons shifted up a gear when Maguire came on. He's looking sharper and sharper these days.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Calderwood tries to play as many Scottish players as he can on these bigger matches, and against Hearts? :)

Guest idol_wild

The Dons shifted up a gear when Maguire came on. He's looking sharper and sharper these days.

I don't see it. I think this boy is a wee chancer. He lacks any sort of craft whenever he is on the ball. He is bigged up on the afc chat site, but I must be ignorant to his abilities.

I thought beforehand we would be lucky to get anything out of the game, but when we went 1 - 0 up i thought it was goin to be an win. What a stupid goal to lose though, it's worse when we should have won. I dont think we'll get through, but saying that i didn't thin we would get here anyway. Maybe sneak a cheeky draw against Madrid and win against Copenhagen, but i think we will bottle it against Copenhagen!

JC " In Saying that, here i am still having a moan while in our last 4 games in Europe we have been beaten once, by Panathinaikos and in 8 or 9 games in succession that is our only defeat, perhaps im being to hard on myself here!"

He is, just as we all are. After our bad start to the season, we aint doing that bad. I know this pretty much repeating what Twojoe said earlier in the thread but it is even happening at the club. Akthough i think JC is being harder on the team than he is on himself.

On a side note, did anyone see their tall number 63 flick the bird to the South Stand support?

Many of the fans were up in arms about it; I thought it was hilarious!

Yeah I saw that. I shouted my mock outrage but inside I was laughing. Shouting abuse at the loko players who dived and hacked, as well as singing as much as possible, was the best way to keep almost warm last night.

Was pretty good atmosphere where we were standing, there was a couple of groups of 4 or 5 lads as well as ourselves who kept starting chants and picking up each others to spread get them going round the Y and the rest of the south.

Yeah I saw that. I shouted my mock outrage but inside I was laughing. Shouting abuse at the loko players who dived and hacked, as well as singing as much as possible, was the best way to keep almost warm last night.

Was pretty good atmosphere where we were standing, there was a couple of groups of 4 or 5 lads as well as ourselves who kept starting chants and picking up each others to spread get them going round the Y and the rest of the south.

Mock outrage and internal giggling from me also. I love it when someone makes themself a hate figure.

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good but was disappointed at the negativity and abuse from a lot of the fans. Thought we played pretty well against a good side. As someone said it was a shitey goal to lose.

so who's away to queue for madrid tickets?

i was thinking of heading down about 4 or 5 am although there's already folk outside fucking nutters!!! o_O

I'm not getting up until 6 in the morning at the earliest. If I don't get a ticket so be it, it'll still be a good trip. Not a lot of things I'd queue overnight for other than a sexy lady.

went down at 9pm yesterday, and they had all already gone!! who the feck are these people? was well gutted and went to bed hoping against hope i'd get some on the phone lines.

phone lines absolutely ram jammed for ages.

BUT

GOT 2 TICKETS AT 12.05 SUPPOSEDLY SOME OF THE VERY LAST THAT THEY HAD !! !! !! !!

well done to my brother who was still phoning and got me them, i had given up all hope of there being any left by 10.30 or so! :D :D :D