aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Czech Repulbic 1 Republic of Ireland 0

Arse. Pfft, who needs to qualify for Euro 2008 anyway?

I think Aiden "I don't want to play for Scotland" McGeady needs to get that directly and forcefully up him.

Anyone else see Gordon McQueen's reaction to McFadden's goal on Sky Sports?

*other presenters bang on about Ireland/England*

McQueen - "Goooooooooooooooooooooal! Jesus I don't believe it!"

:laughing:

Get it right phucking up you, you snivelling, gormless twatt. David you evidently think you’re the big man because you’ve been lucky enough to play in a French team that has had some supreme talents in it, such as Henry, Zidane and Vieira. You on the other hand are a ‘hinger on’ who has ridden in on their coat-tails and garnished some winners’ medals on the way. You had a chance for glory in the penalty kicks in the WC Final last year - you were the only player to miss. You’re not that great (why did Stephane Guivarc'h get a World Cup starting place in front of you in '98?) and you’ve had two chances to show what a player you are against Scotland since the ‘fingers’ episode. How have you got on? Two defeats and no goals. The sight of your greeting face after Faddy’s goal tonight was truly priceless

Anyone got a rough idea of how much tickets will cost for the Ukraine game? A couple of friends and I are planning to go down to see it, trying to plan out expenses and all that.

Probably about 28, add another30 for a train, a tenner for food and three pounds for that essential match day programme....

The Scottish F.A. are to blame for Aiden McGeady not playing for Scotland. McGeady never said he didn't want to play for Scotland, he just felt he had a loyalty to the FAI.

Can't see that at all, like.

From Wikipedia:

In interviews, McGeady and his father have stated he always intended to play for Ireland, due to the family's cultural heritage and Aiden's self-identification.

Fine, if he wants to play for Ireland under the Granda rule, let's just leave the bastard to it, know what I mean? What did you expect the SFA to do, beg him to play for us?

The self - Identification bit is a clanger, though - He's born and bred in Glasgow, just like his parents, so his self - identification is firmly rooted in Scotland so the Ireland thing is tenous at best. Oh, hang on, he plays for Celtic, doesn't he? Coincidence? I think not.

Anyway, this has been discussed before and he's as Scottish as the rest of the lads in the Scotland team. With the exception of Jay McEveley, of course who has no right to ever take the place of a true Scotsman.

Pele, Maradona and James McFadden in front of God on his throne to be admitted to heaven...

God - "Well Pele what do you believe?"

Pele - "I believe that football is as important as life itself. It gave me, a poor lad from flavella of Rio, a chance to brighten the lives of millions."

God - "Well spoken. Here, sit on my left"

God - "And you Maradona, what do you believe?"

Maradona - "I believe that my courage and belief in my football gave millions hope that they too can make something of themselves, even if they are short fat lads."

God - "Very inspirational. Here, sit on my right."

God - "And you James, what do you belive?"

McFadden - "I believe that you're in my seat..."

Get it right phucking up you, you snivelling, gormless twatt. David you evidently think youre the big man because youve been lucky enough to play in a French team that has had some supreme talents in it, such as Henry, Zidane and Vieira. You on the other hand are a hinger on who has ridden in on their coat-tails and garnished some winners medals on the way. You had a chance for glory in the penalty kicks in the WC Final last year - you were the only player to miss. Youre not that great (why did Stephane Guivarc'h get a World Cup starting place in front of you in '98?) and youve had two chances to show what a player you are against Scotland since the fingers episode. How have you got on? Two defeats and no goals. The sight of your greeting face after Faddys goal tonight was truly priceless

34 goals in 69 games? Personally I don't think that's too bad. To put it into perspective, Michael Owen has 40 from 85.

And for Juventus, 99 goals in 153 Serie A games. I dont care who youve got playing around you, you can't argue with that sort of record in a league as strong as Serie A.

34 goals in 69 games? Personally I don't think that's too bad. To put it into perspective, Michael Owen has 40 from 85.

And for Juventus, 99 goals in 153 Serie A games. I dont care who youve got playing around you, you can't argue with that sort of record in a league as strong as Serie A.

Aye, but I think any striker worth his salt could score around those totals given the service he receives at both Juventus and international level.

He's still a total fud though.

Aye, but I think any striker worth his salt could score around those totals given the service he receives at both Juventus and international level.

Couldn't disagree more. I struggle to think of anyone other than Owen and Van Nistelrooy who can rival his instincts in terms of the positions he takes up in the box. And it's not like he only scores tap-ins - nobody remember his goal against Man Utd a few years back? Or even his goal in the Euro 2000 final?

Think of some other strikers who've had good players around them, are they all just average? Muller, Batistuta, Greaves, Law...