aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His kicking was fucking terrible!

Lee Miller was also shit. Defence did well i thought.

Good performance really.

I thought Miller did well. He won a hell of a lot in the air as always and had a few nice touches, he just needed Smith and Nicholson to get right up close to him, which, although they did it more than usual, didn't happen often enough.

Zander's really stepping up this season, he was immense tonight.

Other than a couple of wee moans, was pretty pleased with the performance.

And the Ultras' display looked ace.

Gutted i couldn't be there. Been on nightshift a week now and the only time ive been busy was between 1900hrs and 2200hrs, what a cunt!!!

Heard some good reports and the BBC said it was our best performance this season.

Auch well hopefully we'll get a bit of luck over there, although it does feel like Hertha Berlin all over again. Even their strips are pretty much the same from what i remember!!

So is anyone going to the away game? If i didn't have to pay for my wedding next year i would have went, but haey thats life. Ill have a couple to pick from when we get into the group stages!!!! :up:

Miller was fucking awful. Worst player on the park and the laziest Don I've ever seen. Everything he did manage to win with his head went to no-one and when it went his feet he fell over. I lost count of the amount of times he just stood there while the ball was yards from him (with no other Dons near it) and he didn't move, just watched Dnipro pick it up and pass it. Lazy, useless cunt and I hope to god he doesn't start on Sunday.

Everyone esle did well. Diamond and Considine were awesome and even Young surprised me with a good performance. Overall it was a decent night, just needed a goal.

Lovell's touch at the end put Mackie to shame though, why do the fans love him when he never delivers on it?

I'm struggling on the Lovell thing as well. He hasn't offered anything of worth for sometime now...

Just wondering when De Visscher is going to get a game (read any of the 'exciting new faces) Raved about over the summer by JC but again relegated to the bench for a few matches (post injury).

Good night last night though. I enjoyed a great deal of the football the Dons played. Although it says something when a defender has one of the best scoring opportunities of the night. I also near choked on my tea when I read Young was starting, again. That said I thought he had a good game, confidence raised? I reckon Miller looked lazy last night due to most of the team actually working their ass of, for a change, and he's far from the fastest player out there. Always reminds me of a Clydesdale horse when he runs...

It was nice to feel confident in the defence again. Thought they were fab. Zander is something else. Hope this kick starts the season properly now that they actually know they can play good football.

Guest DustyDeviada

Thought it was a good performance and a great result. Absolutely crucial that we didn't concede an away goal, and we definitely had the best chances, their keeper had a great save from Considine and Clark hit the post.

We still have a good chance which is the main thing, if we'd lost 2-0 the return leg would have been a waste of time.

Miller was fucking awful. Worst player on the park and the laziest Don I've ever seen. Everything he did manage to win with his head went to no-one and when it went his feet he fell over. I lost count of the amount of times he just stood there while the ball was yards from him (with no other Dons near it) and he didn't move, just watched Dnipro pick it up and pass it. Lazy, useless cunt and I hope to god he doesn't start on Sunday.

Are you serious?????? Lee Miller had a great game. Won everything in the air... some lovely touches and some good link-up play. Thought he had a good solid game. Needs someone to play off him. Sadly we don't have that.

Chris Clark should have scored, apart from that shot he flattered to deceive yet again. Not a football player.

Jackie McNamara was shocking.

Overall though, we should have won, decent crowd and great atmosphere.... lets hope we can nick a goal over there (nae happening though).

Are you serious?????? Lee Miller had a great game. Won everything in the air... some lovely touches and some good link-up play. Thought he had a good solid game. Needs someone to play off him. Sadly we don't have that.

I'm deadly serious, and currently getting into a big argument about this on another board. It wasn't just me that thought so either, everyone I was with thought he was a lazy shit last night.

I will admit he had some lovely touches, but they didn't go to anyone in a red shirt.

Maybe it was different perspectives, I was in the front of the south stand and level with the docile cunt for the whole of the second half so got a close up view of him standing still while the ball went to a dnipro player a couple of yards away from him and doing sweet fuck all while Aberdeen tried to break.

When he did move for the ball he did alright, but it didn't happen nearly as much as it should have.

I'm deadly serious, and currently getting into a big argument about this on another board. It wasn't just me that thought so either, everyone I was with thought he was a lazy shit last night.

I will admit he had some lovely touches, but they didn't go to anyone in a red shirt.

Maybe it was different perspectives, I was in the front of the south stand and level with the docile cunt for the whole of the second half so got a close up view of him standing still while the ball went to a dnipro player a couple of yards away from him and doing sweet fuck all while Aberdeen tried to break.

When he did move for the ball he did alright, but it didn't happen nearly as much as it should have.

Haha, I guess everyone has different views. I agree he needs to up his workrate, but I also think he needs someone playing alongside him to feed off him. We need a Duncan Shearer.

We tired badly in the second half though.

He was better than lovell last saturday too though, so I think he deserved his start... we have no-one else fit! Which shows how thin the squad is right now.

Guest DustyDeviada
Dnipro coach Oleg Protasov has identified Aberdeen forward Lee Miller as the key man to stop for his side in the second leg of the UEFA Cup following last night's goalless draw at Pittodrie.

"I thought Lee Miller played briliantly for them and he really gave our defence a hard time. He will have to be watched in the second leg."

(8 characters)

Haha, I guess everyone has different views.

It's quite funny. 5 people (or 15,000) can watch the same game of football and have completely different opinions on how each player played.

Think the craziest opinion so far was from the Daily Record who only gave Zander a 6 in the match ratings.

It's quite funny. 5 people (or 15,000) can watch the same game of football and have completely different opinions on how each player played.

Think the craziest opinion so far was from the Daily Record who only gave Zander a 6 in the match ratings.

Haha, indeed. I guess that's the good thing about football. Gives us lots of stuff to debate instead of working.

The daily retard... they never have a clue!

I didn't understand why Derek Young got a standing ovation, I thought he was shite. Neither him nor Michael Hartr can cross a ball, and Young doesn't have enough pace to compensate for his lack of pretty much anything else and failed miserably to track back quickly enough a couple of times.

And speaking of Hart, he really needs to learn when to dive in and when to just stand up.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Watched this on the mute with the stereo on, the best way to watch the game on telly!

I thought the sheepies were worthy of a draw, but they didn't do enough to deserve a win because they were mince in the first half. Dnipro had their chances too and if they had scored you'd be fucked for the return leg. A no-score draw's a decent result, nick an away goal and you're in the driving seat.

Had to laugh at Derek Young getting a standing ovation after the apoplectic fits when Tango signed him. Two-faced bastards the lot of you!

Here's how I saw it, feel free to completely disagree.....

Langfield didn't really put a foot wrong other than his kicking not being the best. Presumably that's him re-instated as first choice?

Hart's crossing was not great. He overlaps well and regularly gets in good positions but his final ball always seems to miss any Dons players and is usually too deep.

Considine did very well apart from a few slips and lapses in concentration which must be eradicated if hes going to become an automatic choice.

Diamond was excellent in defence but he's no football player. I can't see him making the big step up to a better team but we'll see. I love seeing him fly through the air to win headers in the same way I used to love Belabeds overhead kicks.

McNamara didnt really make an impression on me. Wouldnt have said he was poor though.

Severin had another off day. Needs to pull the finger out.

Clark frustrates me more than any other player. He had a decent game I suppose and was unlucky not to score but again, hes no football player.

Nicholson played very well although he really fluffed that chance in the first half. I thought his work rate was unrivalled last night.

Young is the same player that he was when he left Aberdeen. Decent feet but never really makes his mark on a game. Ive never minded him but never been really impressed either. I think the standing ovation was more to do with the occasion than his performance or the Dons faithful welcoming him back into their hearts.

Smith played reasonably well. I prefer him playing in a supporting role upfront rather than on the wing.

I thought Miller had a decent game for a shit player if that makes sense? Im not sure hes the danger man the Dnipro manager reckons he is though.

I dont understand the Lovell Fan club either. Hes scored a few good goals and scored a couple against Rangers which is always endearing but hes never been prolific for us. Foster did alright when he came on.

I think the main worry for the return leg is our inexperience particularly Considine and Diamond as a central defensive pairing. I think Dnipro will punish any slip over there.

we yucked on forfar today

great performance!

love that phrase 'yucked' mr maxwell

my god what is going on with my team??? we did stevenage today and away from home - they hadnt conceded in 8 games! happy times at the abbey and considoring how miserable its been these past few seasons i'm loving loving loving it!