aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Kenny Miller scored on his Derby debut to beat Newcastle 1-0. Will Derby sink or swim? Will Miller outscore Tevez? Will James McFadden come to Pitoddrie on loan? Will Derek Young have retired from professional football before his 30th birthday? Will Russell Anderson break into the Sunderland Squad? Is Craig Gordon the best British keeper at the moment? Is the attention on Mikolounis' (sp) diving antics over the top? Should he be punished retrospectively? James McFadden likes sausage rolls, what's your favourite snack? If a dog runs on the pitch and the ball goes in the net off his arse when it's original course was out for a goal kick, does the goal stand?

Stop bickering you lot. You've all missed the most important thing and that's that Derby have finally won their first game of the season! All thanks to Kenny Miller scoring on his debut. :)

Europe here we come... *ahem*

Good show, hope Giles Barnes doesn't jump ship mid-season.

As for the rest, fuck that. I will give as good as i get.

I have as much right to an opinion as you on anything.

You seriously think you have as much right to an opinion on Aberdeen as people who actually see them play?

I've stuck by my team thick or thin whereas at the first sign of trouble you pansies are leaping for the hanging rope. Who's the real "fan"?

Slating your team and manager are different things from stopping supporting your team, or stopping going to games. And I can pretty much guarantee you that if you were actually paying to be cold and watch your team play shite, gutless football when they clearly have the potential to do so much more then you'd be more inclined to get as down about it as some of the folk on here are. It's a lot easier to remain detached and "rational" as an absentee fan.

You seriously think you have as much right to an opinion on Aberdeen as people who actually see them play?

Slating your team and manager are different things from stopping supporting your team, or stopping going to games. And I can pretty much guarantee you that if you were actually paying to be cold and watch your team play shite, gutless football when they clearly have the potential to do so much more then you'd be more inclined to get as down about it as some of the folk on here are. It's a lot easier to remain detached and "rational" as an absentee fan.

That's absolute bullshit.

watched the derby game last night and thought they were well worth the three points, i expected more 'laurel and hardy' defending like they did against liverpool but they were pretty solid, newcastle were awful though but taking nothing away from derby they didnt allow them to play. they did their homework well, owen only got 14 touches of the ball apparently. feel a bit sorry for the rams mind, they have a tough trip to arsenal next.

what do you dons fans rate their chances in europe this season???

Guest DustyDeviada
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Kenny Miller scored on his Derby debut to beat Newcastle 1-0. Will Derby sink or swim? Will Miller outscore Tevez? Will James McFadden come to Pitoddrie on loan? Will Derek Young have retired from professional football before his 30th birthday? Will Russell Anderson break into the Sunderland Squad? Is Craig Gordon the best British keeper at the moment? Is the attention on Mikolounis' (sp) diving antics over the top? Should he be punished retrospectively? James McFadden likes sausage rolls, what's your favourite snack? If a dog runs on the pitch and the ball goes in the net off his arse when it's original course was out for a goal kick, does the goal stand?

To hell with all that, I want to know more about this:

Oh, and by the way. Standing by and idly watching your obnoxious mate grope a young lass who clearly wasn't interested at the Anberlin gig is certainly not cool. :down:

The Alkaline vs Maxi grudge match on here is certainly a lot more entertaining than watching the Dons these days anyway. :popcorn:

Fuck you. I've been to quite a few games actually, i even recall seeing Aberdeen beat Rangers 1-0 at Pittodrie in Lorenzo Amoruso's first season in Scotland. I've seen Wolves vs Grimsby, I saw Queen Of The South play about 40 times when i lived in Dumfries. It's not about how many games you go and see you useless prick. I'm fed up of justifying who i support and why to idiots like you and that jumped up fat fuck Maxi and his dangleberry of a puppet friend RossP.

I have as much right to an opinion as you on anything. At least i'm not on here slagging off the team i'm supposed to "support" every five minutes chucking the toys out the pram because they aren't winning and strangely enough i don't remember rubbing it in your face that we beat your sorry asses first game of the season.

I've stuck by my team thick or thin whereas at the first sign of trouble you pansies are leaping for the hanging rope. Who's the real "fan"?

Oh, and by the way. Standing by and idly watching your obnoxious mate grope a young lass who clearly wasn't interested at the Anberlin gig is certainly not cool. :down:

What the fuck are you talking about you clown? Groping young lasses? I have no idea what you are on about. I was watching a gig. You were obviously too busy eye-sexing some guys standing beside me. You really are a pathetic moron.

You saw Lorenzo's first season!!!! what a hero!!!!!!! when was that? 1991??????? Was it free tickets from todders? as you must have been about 14!

I'm perfectly entitled to slag off my team. I pay good money to go watch them every week, not watch the two minutes of highlights on scotsport like you do.

You stick by your team? And which one of your teams is that? Dundee Utd? The German one? The Russian one? The .... need i go on?

what do you dons fans rate their chances in europe this season???

Need to win the home leg on Thursday without conceding to have any chance.

Although judging by Saturdays performance, that could be a struggle.

If there's a big crowd it might spur the players on.... i'm just more worried about who Calderwood will play in defence right now.

Fuck you. I've been to quite a few games actually, i even recall seeing Aberdeen beat Rangers 1-0 at Pittodrie in Lorenzo Amoruso's first season in Scotland. I've seen Wolves vs Grimsby, I saw Queen Of The South play about 40 times when i lived in Dumfries. It's not about how many games you go and see you useless prick. I'm fed up of justifying who i support and why to idiots like you and that jumped up fat fuck Maxi and his dangleberry of a puppet friend RossP.

I have as much right to an opinion as you on anything. At least i'm not on here slagging off the team i'm supposed to "support" every five minutes chucking the toys out the pram because they aren't winning and strangely enough i don't remember rubbing it in your face that we beat your sorry asses first game of the season.

Get some skills!!

Ach well, at least it's informed bullshit rather than self-righteous, condescending wank eh?

If you're too arrogant to think it's worth explaining to me why you think that, fine, just ignore me; but being so dismissive just makes you come across as a total prick.

What and telling someone they aren't allowed an opinion on a subject because they don't support a particular team doesn't make you that look that way? If anything i've got a more objective opinion than you as i'm not a direct supporter of the club.

For the record my brother and father are both Aberdeen fans and my brother is a season ticket holder.

I'm not being dismissive at all, i'm just fed up of justifying how and why i'm a football fan to you and your "mates". Think outside your very blinkered box for two minutes and you'll see where i'm coming from.

I could easily be on here crowing about how good Dundee United are doing at the moment, but i'm not.

What and telling someone they aren't allowed an opinion on a subject because they don't support a particular team doesn't make you that look that way?

All I said was that I don't think two minutes of Scotsport is enough to judge a team on.

I'm not being dismissive at all, i'm just fed up of justifying how and why i'm a football fan to you and your "mates". Think outside your very blinkered box for two minutes and you'll see where i'm coming from.

Just telling me my opinion is "bullshit" sounds pretty fucking dismissive to me. And just because I completely disagree with you, doesn't mean I can't see where you're coming from, because believe it or not, whether or not people share your views isn't a valid form of IQ testing :rolleyes:

All I said was that I don't think two minutes of Scotsport is enough to judge a team on.

Just telling me my opinion is "bullshit" sounds pretty fucking dismissive to me. And just because I completely disagree with you, doesn't mean I can't see where you're coming from, because believe it or not, whether or not people share your views isn't a valid form of IQ testing :rolleyes:

Like i said, my brother is a season ticket holder. Believe me, i get a blow by blow account.

Funnily enough, i didn't say it was an IQ test, what are you on about?