aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think will for much longer. I'm honestly fed up. Trudging down there mid winter to watch that gubbins doesn't fill me with glee. We persist though because you never know but unfortunately that statement is losing out as we haven't seen anything worthy so far. Shove the bloody reserves on. At least they are winning games.

Zander gave 100% + yesterday, he was everywhere. He was up our end on the final whistle and looked truly gutted rather than embarrased as most of the others should be. Took him a bit to gather himself and head in... He must have been pissed off!

Are the players allowed to slap sense into their manager? CONSITENCY FOR FUCK SAKE!!!!! Let the players get used to 'a' postion so they can stamp their mark on it FOR FUCK SAKE! Hardly rocket science is it... Orange bloody sunaholic... Too good for the SPL eh... Pah!

Utter sense, Jim. Exactly what I think.

Everyone can see that the lack of consistincey is due to the constant chopping and changing within the team.

I mean, he took off Derek Young yesterday (not even worth going into but needless to say he is one of the worst in a long time) and had two out and out wingers on the bench and replaced him with a striker. How can he justify this? Is it because they are shit? If so, why did he sign them? It just doesn't make any sense. We had them for pace at the back and a bit of extra width could have been rewarding for us.

And again, a week of retrospectively utter drivel paper talk and Jimmy N. being the idiot this week in saying Egypt is behind us and "this is the start of our season in earnest."

It'll be the fans fault again, no doubt. It's so hard being "cherrioed" by 300 Motherwell fans when you just know we are so much better than them.

Aberdeen are a fucking shambles from top to bottom.

Tango man needs to be told to get tae as he is a tactical buffoon of the highest order.

Shambolic.

We are going to get murdered at least 3-0 on Thursday going by that performance.

But wait RICHIE BYRNE will be back.... automatic choice then..... and maybe 6-0.

Calderwood your time is up, thank god he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Utter sense, Jim. Exactly what I think.

Everyone can see that the lack of consistincey is due to the constant chopping and changing within the team.

I mean, he took off Derek Young yesterday (not even worth going into but needless to say he is one of the worst in a long time) and had two out and out wingers on the bench and replaced him with a striker. How can he justify this? Is it because they are shit? If so, why did he sign them? It just doesn't make any sense. We had them for pace at the back and a bit of extra width could have been rewarding for us.

And again, a week of retrospectively utter drivel paper talk and Jimmy N. being the idiot this week in saying Egypt is behind us and "this is the start of our season in earnest."

It'll be the fans fault again, no doubt. It's so hard being "cherrioed" by 300 Motherwell fans when you just know we are so much better than them.

The table doesnt lie, Motherwell are better than us!! boo, as for the Tango, who do you replace him with, the job is a poison chalise, theres nae money

The table doesnt lie, Motherwell are better than us!!

What, is there a table rating how many fans go to the games nowadays?

Read what I actually wrote. We are better than the Motherwell fans as we will bring at least treble to Fir Park what they brought up here despite the fact we will be about tenth in the league by 15 December if this blizzard of shit continues.

The table doesnt lie, Motherwell are better than us!! boo, as for the Tango, who do you replace him with, the job is a poison chalise, theres nae money

Motherwell have nae money.... they seem to be doing ok.

They have a manager who gets the best out their players and has tactical awareness.

Unlike us who have a fat orange twat who couldn't organise a pub team, let alone anyone in the premier league.

The man is a disgrace.

Motherwell have nae money.... they seem to be doing ok.

They have a manager who gets the best out their players and has tactical awareness.

Unlike us who have a fat orange twat who couldn't organise a pub team, let alone anyone in the premier league.

The man is a disgrace.

He did "organise" you into 3rd place last season. Oh how fickle you aberdonian fans are...

He did "organise" you into 3rd place last season. Oh how fickle you aberdonian fans are...

No, he was a shambles last season too. We fell to bits around December and were lucky to finish third after stumbling from game to game.

His organisational skills are a joke.

His formations are bewildering.

He plays half the team out of position.

He signs utter shite.

He doesn't replace players when they leave.

He constantly plays guys in the team regardless how crap they are (Byrne, Clark etc).

No, he was a shambles last season too. We fell to bits around December and were lucky to finish third after stumbling from game to game.

He signs utter shite.

He constantly plays guys in the team regardless how crap they are (Byrne, Clark etc).

Fucking whiiiiiinnnnggeee.

The second half of last season was nowhere near as bad as you've just made out, to say he's a disgrace is just ungrateful lunacy. Some of his signings have been shite but some have been great, it's not all bad. Most important of all we were relegation fodder for years before Jimmy took over, who else could have taken us to 3rd and Europe? Who would you replace him with?

The start to the season has been shite and his tactics are questionable at the moment but I'm still not going to call for his head, yet. If we get papped out of the cups and the league form doesn't improve then I'll turn. But just now I still think he deserves credit for the last 3 seasons and the chance to turn it around.

He signs utter shite.

But, correct me if i'm wrong, you did still finish in 3rd place. Glass half empty.....

You're only 6 games in for god sake. You lost your captain, who is easily one of the best players Aberdeen have had in the last decade, it may take time for the team to adjust around losing someone that "talismanic".

I'm only happy Dundee Utd are not bottom, but i'm certainly not giggling with glee as to the prospects of UEFA cup football just yet.

The attitude being displayed on here is synonymous with Aberdeen fans, very quick to point the finger and knot the lynchin' rope and ultimately very hard to please.

The second half of last season was nowhere near as bad as you've just made out, to say he's a disgrace is just ungrateful lunacy. Some of his signings have been shite but some have been great, it's not all bad. Most important of all we were relegation fodder for years before Jimmy took over, who else could have taken us to 3rd and Europe? Who would you replace him with?

The start to the season has been shite and his tactics are questionable at the moment but I'm still not going to call for his head, yet. If we get papped out of the cups and the league form doesn't improve then I'll turn. But just now I still think he deserves credit for the last 3 seasons and the chance to turn it around.

Sorry, i take it back, Chris is obviously exempt from the aforementioned rule.

Frustrated!

The sum of the parts is far better than is on show I would say.

He raves about his signings and then doesn't play them. And when you the players come onto the pitch it takes a fair few minutes to figure out who is who as they rarely play in the same place twice in a row. The players themselves probably need 'Satnav'...

Maybe there is a touch of discontent in the ranks at the moment that's affecting their game. Be hard to push yourself for a manager that swans off to top up his tan at every opportunity. Dedication to a club comes from the top down!

Would things be any better if he had a wedge of cash to spend? He would till manage to buy players that have a very defined role/position on the pitch and then play him somewhere else just for the hell of it...

I can't believe how vexed I get at football these days... I make myself laugh so I do...

Right then. I'm off to change the furniture around in the lounge again (3rd time in two weeks) so that family will get a surprise when they come home. Won't be able to see the telly from the couch but it's for the best.

Aye, it's all very well giving him a chance, but we're starting to look like relegation fodder already this season.

We look very slack at the back, with no real defensive unit in place (I thought that's what preseason games were for?). Oh and lets look at our shambles of a pre-season in Egypt where our players came back knackered and looked terrible at the start of the season.

A lot of unrest coming out amoungst the team apparently with several players not signing new deals.

A joke of a 'keeper situation at the moment.

Sold our captain and best player and hasn't replaced him (Russell held us together after christmas when the rails came off after we blew it when we should have beaten rangers at home).

You say some of his signings have been shite? I'd say most of them..... Nicholson is probably his only good signing. Look at the shite he's signed....

The man needs ot stand up and take some responsibility for his failings as a manager. He does nothing but slag off the team and fans.

And as for a replacement.... who knows.......

Sorry, i take it back, Chris is obviously exempt from the aforementioned rule.

You aren't really well informed enough to be in this conversation.

I doubt you've paid to see a game of football in your life.

Sadly I pay to go and see that shower of shite every week and feel perfectly entitled to vent my fury at completely incompetent performances against teams we should be hammering with ease.

But, correct me if i'm wrong, you did still finish in 3rd place. Glass half empty.....

You're only 6 games in for god sake. You lost your captain, who is easily one of the best players Aberdeen have had in the last decade, it may take time for the team to adjust around losing someone that "talismanic".

I'm only happy Dundee Utd are not bottom, but i'm certainly not giggling with glee as to the prospects of UEFA cup football just yet.

The attitude being displayed on here is synonymous with Aberdeen fans, very quick to point the finger and knot the lynchin' rope and ultimately very hard to please.

It's not about losing anderson, it's the fact he hasn't been replaced.

I'm not hard to please regarding aberdeen. I'm not expecting us to win anything. Ever again. What I do expect is to have a group of players that try their hearts out.... and that isn't happening. Too many people getting paid a good wage to be terrible at their jobs. Ultimately the buck stops with calderwank unless he can sort it out.

Jimmy Nicholl's quote that "We didn't get what we expected from the players" and similar quotes from Calderwood are the most worrying.

Ok, we're only six games into the season but apart from the 1st half against Celtic we have been really poor and lacking ideas. I think it's fair enough for fans to express their frustration irrespective of last season's position. Your only as good as your last game...or six and that makes us a poorer team than most in the league which is unacceptable. If we play like we have been doing against Dnipro we're out of the competition at the first hurdle which makes last season's achievement a waste of time.

A Thistle fan eh?

Jacko can be a good player on his day, but those days have been few & far between in the last couple of years.

I hope we're not playing any of his wages, I don't think he gives a flying fuck! He got hooked at half time on Saturday and his replacement Buchanan almost instantly injected a bit of impetus. We still got beat, but I reckon we're only a good forward short of being alright this year. Di Giacomo is not what we needed.

Sheepies - stop whinging until we punt you out of the CIS :D.......

You aren't really well informed enough to be in this conversation.

I doubt you've paid to see a game of football in your life.

Sadly I pay to go and see that shower of shite every week and feel perfectly entitled to vent my fury at completely incompetent performances against teams we should be hammering with ease.

Fuck you. I've been to quite a few games actually, i even recall seeing Aberdeen beat Rangers 1-0 at Pittodrie in Lorenzo Amoruso's first season in Scotland. I've seen Wolves vs Grimsby, I saw Queen Of The South play about 40 times when i lived in Dumfries. It's not about how many games you go and see you useless prick. I'm fed up of justifying who i support and why to idiots like you and that jumped up fat fuck Maxi and his dangleberry of a puppet friend RossP.

I have as much right to an opinion as you on anything. At least i'm not on here slagging off the team i'm supposed to "support" every five minutes chucking the toys out the pram because they aren't winning and strangely enough i don't remember rubbing it in your face that we beat your sorry asses first game of the season.

I've stuck by my team thick or thin whereas at the first sign of trouble you pansies are leaping for the hanging rope. Who's the real "fan"?

Oh, and by the way. Standing by and idly watching your obnoxious mate grope a young lass who clearly wasn't interested at the Anberlin gig is certainly not cool. :down: