aberdeen-music

I'm offski...

Afro Droid

..or the mods could just act in a consistent manner and move this off topic thread to general discussion where it ought to be.

It's a thread about a well known, on these boards and off, musician in Aberdeen moving abroad to sing for a band. It's a music thread. If you're not interested in it then don't read it.

That should be the end of it, please stop distracting from the original thread.

It's a thread about a well known, on these boards and off, musician in Aberdeen moving abroad to sing for a band. It's a music thread. If you're not interested in it then don't read it.

That should be the end of it, please stop distracting from the original thread.

Any new user or anyone coming to the site who doesn't know who this guy is will have no interest in reading all the replies to this thread, none of which have anything to do with music. It's off topic and should be in general discussion, since the threads content doesn't constitute any kind of "music discussion".

Stripey, do everyone a favour and shut-up. If you still have problem with this thread being in the wrong forum then send a private message to a staff member if you must.

Let's get this back to the original topic please. I don't think anyone appreciates this thread getting hi-jacked by yet another Stripey Vs. Staff debacle. Thanks.

I can make it more music based by saying RLR will debut a new track "Runnin'" on Classic Rock Magazines covermount CD in issue #107. Available in May 2007

Also released is a split CD with Supragod (from Sweden). 'From the Trenches' is released April 2007 Contains 10 tracks, 2 new tracks from each band, 2 live tracks from each band, Red Light Rippers cover Supragods 'Rock and Roll Idiots', and Supragod cover Red Light Rippers 'Addicted'

Listen at www.myspace.com/redlightrippers

cd_trenches.jpg

Guest DustyDeviada

So, can you tell us what the process was for all this happening? Obviously they were looking for a new singer, but did you send them tapes, go to audition etc? And then did you have to get a Visa sorted out, are you going to have another job over there etc?

Guest Savant
Any new user or anyone coming to the site who doesn't know who this guy is will have no interest in reading all the replies to this thread, none of which have anything to do with music. It's off topic and should be in general discussion, since the threads content doesn't constitute any kind of "music discussion".

I come to the site and don't recognise the names of alot of international bands & musicians mentioned - why should this thread be moved to general discussion just 'cause Chris is from Aberdeen?

Best of luck to you, Chris! Hope you get everything you want :up:

So, can you tell us what the process was for all this happening? Obviously they were looking for a new singer, but did you send them tapes, go to audition etc? And then did you have to get a Visa sorted out, are you going to have another job over there etc?

I originally met Staci (RLR guitar player) years back in Dr Drakes when he was playing bass bass for The Sinisters and was only just starting to form RLR. We met through Neil Leyton, a Canadian singer/songwriter, who was signed to same label as Psycho A Go-Go (he's played Aberdeen loads too). Through Neil, I became familiar with some of the bands he knew from Toronto, so I was booking shows for them whenever they came to Aberdeen; and Radio Lucifer supported RLR a few times, and we hit it off.

In November I got an email from Staci saying that Rip, their singer, was leaving the band when his kid was born, and would I like to come over and try out for them, so I went to Toronto in January to audition, and it all worked out, even wrote a coupl'a songs with them.

I'm going over on a 6 month wroking visa initially, then when I get settled, I'll apply for full-time residency . Hoping to get some DJ work and maybe do a bit of promotion over there. The DJ at the rock club I was in in January was balls, I'm planning on stealing his job ;)

Guest DustyDeviada

Johnny, I hope you won't forget aberdeen-music.com when you are in Canada, in fact how about writing a blog, letting everybody here know what you're up to and how it's all going?

Johnny, I hope you won't forget aberdeen-music.com when you are in Canada, in fact how about writing a blog, letting everybody here know what you're up to and how it's all going?

I'll be keeping an eye on here for sure, old habits die hard. Blog is nae a bad idea actually, I certainly love talking about myself ;)