aberdeen-music

Boredoms (Osaka, Japan)

Jamesy

Yeah.

Starting to get on top of this promotions malarky - have acquired some assistance, thank god.

apparantly they're worth 800ish in Glasgow - but here I'm guessing we'd get nae farther than The Tunnels?!

Excuse my naiviety - If it wasn't on Drive-Thru I just da'Ken. ;)

for aberdeen they aint worth anymore than 550 in my eyes, all depends on supports i suppose

i would say (in my experience with music like this in aberdeen) that you would do well to get 120 to this (going with an appropriate line up)

people from other cities rarely travel for stuff like this unless its an only scottish date, you would really need to promote it hard in glasgow/edinburgh

good point hines, the lemon tree magazine would be VERY ADVANTAGEOUS though

still, a sell out show?? no chance

15 a ticket?

no chance, work it harder and do it at a lower ticket price. gets more people along, gets more people into stuff like this and its nice for people always go to see this kind of stuff and not have to pay through the nose each time

remember it was 15 a ticket for the fall (or something) and 18 for FAUST. two legendary large bands spanning decades of success.

the boredoms fall pretty short of that bracket

Um.... I've never heard of them, I'm nae affa clued up with Japanese bands (I only know The Pillows, The Polysics and Melt Banana) but I'd come along and check it out if you could keep the ticket price down, 15 is pricey for somebody I don't know, and it might put off other 'casual gig goers' such as myself that don't ever know who's playing anywhere and just wander in off the street.

The tunnels would be quite a fitting venue for them i recon...

Are Boredoms screamo?

Without wanting to spoil the good vibe I reckon you don't know what you are talking about. Whatsoever.Unless they were playing on the floor the Tunnels would be hella cramped, considering they use three full drumkits and a massive keyboard rig. The Lemon Tree would be good for this.

Guest Donald

Depends how old the videos you watched were. They started off as a noise sort of band (Sonic Youth took them on tour) but now days they do this amazing three drum kit trance thing with their singer Eye playing various electronic devices. I saw them in Glasgow with around 500 other people about five years ago and they were fantastic.

If RFR pulled out the stops with advertising for once instead of their usual lax effort then they could expect a very decent turn out.

I would also point out that a band like the Boredoms, despite being a relatively well known name, usually turn up in the UK, play London and possibly a festival and then promptly dissappear back to Japan. Getting them to play here would therefore be impressive.

14.50 max ticket,

lemon tree - needs brochure

sponsorship or artistic tie in

base on 400 and pad

long sell through 2.5 months

ALSO needs the right space in Aberdeen or could end up a right mess

for those being charged 14.50..................

I saw them @Instal & the techies on this should not be underestimated

I'd never heard of them before yesterday so i checked them out. They're really good, i'd definitely go and see them if they were on in Aberdeen. 15 is quite a lot but i guess it's worth it to see a band that aren't here every other week. Dunno about venue choice either, if they have 3 kits then Tunnels might be a squeeze but not entirely impossible. I guess the only alternative that's feasible is the Lemon Tree, either way getting them to Aberdeen would be great :)