aberdeen-music

bans

man, that time could be easily used to poster a gig you were putting on ;)

nae time eh ;)

Haha, very true.

I'm doing something constructive that means something to me though so although i feel a small twang of hatred towards myself for not putting on a gig and postering it right now, i do feel vilified ;)

As quiet as I am I personally think that the thread regarding that band who pissed and hit on that fit bird should not of been locked.

I have seen Rune getting on his high horse in the past and Mods have actively taken part in the debate (Frosty Jack). As always, Dave stops it dead. Poor show, it was the first thread that I really enjoyed in a long time. Offensive? Well apart from keeping a few people in tow, it was actually quite restraint.

Im not trying to play Mods off against each other, just an observation.

As quiet as I am I personally think that the thread regarding that band who pissed and hit on that fit bird should not of been locked.

I have seen Rune getting on his high horse in the past and Mods have actively taken part in the debate (Frosty Jack). As always' date=' Dave stops it dead. Poor show, it was the first thread that I really enjoyed in a long time. Offensive? Well apart from keeping a few people in tow, it was actually quite restraint.

Im not trying to play Mods off against each other, just an observation.[/quote']

You shit stirring mofo!

j/k :dunce:

The thread was entertaining, and although it went off topic a bit, It probably would have gone back on track as soon as more news about the Bring Me The Horizon episode came to light.

i agree, it really shouldn't have been closed. the idiots arguing should have been temporarily banned so the thread could get back on track.

if a new thread was made, would that also be closed?

it is a bit shit tho, ben never really said that much compared to others, it seems to be the easy thing to hit the ban button on his profile, i mean what does rune ever contribute to a discussion except negative responses to other posters? Ben at least tries very ocasionaly to get involved in some kind of discusion.

It is all a personal vendetta Dave has for some reason. If you look around other people do things that get the same treatment bladeola does all the time but never get anything done. It is pathetic. Dave is EXACTLY what this site doesn't need. He is basically stopping the very thing that keeps so many people coming back to this site. Discussion, debate and yes the childish insult throwing. Jonny Lucifer made a VERY good point recently when he said that the fudge awards were certainly affected this year by the over moderation on this site. There was no real rivalries or axes to grind. This site is far too safe nowadays. Dave takes his "job" here far too seriously. I suggest he actually needs to get a life and/or understand how this site has worked for many years. Neil must surely have some reservations about a few of the mods on here, they really are suffocating this site. I think it's going to turn this site into a fairly lifeless and uneventful community where only light hearted discussion and backslapping takes place and I'm afraid that has not what's been keeping people coming back here day after day. I'm not saying it should be lawless but name calling isn't that big a deal is it. Dave gets called a Bellend by Bladeola, throws a tantrum and bans him. If you're that insecure and easy to upset then I suggest you think about moderating on a music site. Judging by your music taste to be honest, i'd have to question wether you're actually into music anyway. Oh, a personal dig, what now? A temp ban?

Sort it out Neil. The natives (the interesting ones anyway) are getting restless. You, mr Johnson, have some thinking to do. One thing to note as well. When people like Bladeola post, if you go to the "Who's Online" section over 50% of the users online go to that thread. No one goes on the internet to be bored. It's another form of entertainment. Well this site has always been used that way. Take heed!