aberdeen-music

FMA'07 - Most metal of Metal

The Ghost Of Fudge

Well, if you want, we could just delete every post that has the slightest hint of insult about it, and keep everything nice.

Obviously not, because that would be completely stupid.

I was referring to threads created by a user to share some news on their band. Why would you need other users slagging off the band if the thread isn't for feedback purposes? Delete those posts.

Obviously not, because that would be completely stupid.

I was referring to threads created by a user to share some news on their band. Why would you need other users slagging off the band if the thread isn't for feedback purposes? Delete those posts.

Definitely. I totally agree.

I feel that Frosty Jack's reply to this idea was weak.

Unless a post has been reported i can't see the point of it being deleted. It's not a big deal anyway. Granted it can be tiresome and some of the material being used as 'ammunition' against the bands involved is rather old and tedious. You'd think with people having enough free time on their hands to post shite on here they'd also have time to keep their repertoire up to date.

i don't know why the mods get such a hard time on here - this is the most liberal board i go on (ok i only use 4 other messageboards!) i like the fact you can swear on here - shit fuck cunt - i feel better now!

Par for the course really. Mods get criticised on every board, no matter how lenient they are. Everyone likes to feel hard done by and they also like to think they're rebellious by having a pop at the staff.

Don't worry mods, I'll keep this relatively civil:

First things first, you're right, buying "Justice" was an eye-opener and a half for me. I still have it in the collection, along with stuff by Venom, Kreator, Motorhead, Slayer, Di'anno-era Iron Maiden etc. I'll never part with it either, and I'm not denying it shaped my musical tastes. My tastes progressed into HC and I gave up on metal in the mid-'90's. I still get a buzz when I spin the old thrash vinyls and probably always will, it's like being a teenager again! So no, I haven't "abandoned" it. I moved on to other stuff, but if it wasn't for '80's thrash I'd probably never have discovered the noise I love nowadays. It's not like it's a dirty secret or anything so you haven't "outed" me.

Me and ben are off to see Kreator in march actually... we both grew up on vintage thrash, and in my opinion the stuff we are writing now is clearly influenced by it. I know you never will like or even listen to our music, and that's up to you... but if you took the time to check it out, you'd find it has infinitely more in common with Carcass/Testament/Maiden/Metallica than any "floppy haired emo" or whatever else in that bracket you might come up with.

Whether it's poorly recorded is a matter of opinion. I'm buggered if I'm blootering four-figure sums on recording, as long as you can hear each instrument is all that matters.

But what you get out of music is clearly different from what I do. I love music with crystal clear production as it always sounds so much heavier and just generally better. That's not to say you can make a shit song good by having good production...

To have what is generally considered a 'good quality' recording costs money, whether it's studio time or musical equipment. To me, working a good job and then spending thousands of pounds on decent equipment, is a much better way to go than spending it on binge-boozing, drugs, smoking or takeaways and such like... And the money we spend on recording comes from the band pot from being paid for gigs and selling merch (although due to our experience in recording, we did our last one, and will do half of the album for free). I'm in no way suggesting that listening to the music you do is wrong, if you enjoy it. But I personally don't see how working hard and then spending your money on making the band sound better is as evil as you make out.

I might add that bands that play relatively complex/complicated music are always after a better production on their cds which just isn't as important when playing 3 chord punky/thrashy noise.

On a side note, you always mention Eastern Europe for some reason.

Only as much as you mention haircuts for us (I've cut my own hair with a pair of kitchen scissors for years, hows that for vanity...)

It's simply a (largely inaccurate, I'd imagine) perception based on a limited knowledge of who you are actually 'debating' ;) with.

Dear lord, you're not very bright Dink, are you?

Along with being vain, paranoid, easily wound-up and suffering badly from egomania (not as bad as your 'vocalist', mind).

And you're still missing the point.

:sleeping:

Wayne, wayne, wayne.

I've never missed the point. I have been well aware for ages that your sole purpose in life (or at the very least, on these message boards) is to wind me up.

And guess what? If you throw the bait I will ALWAYS enjoy rising to it.

You should be thankful that I manage to come across as vain, paranoid, egotistical and as easily wound up as you think I am - because if I didn't, you wouldn't get to have your fun.

However... Regarding my little character assassination there; I take comfort knowing that those are attributes that you can't really judge someone on unless you know them properly, rather than via internet banter. I'd return the favour and offer my well-informed opinion on you, but it would without doubt get deleted by the moderators on sight, largely due to it's accuracy.

So you can keep on winding me up and we will all eventually get banned, OR you can find something better do with your time and we'll live happily ever after :up:

Me and ben are off to see Kreator in march actually

Might have to join that convoy - Kreator are ace!

I might add that bands that play relatively complex/complicated music are always after a better production on their cds

Don't I know it :down::)

To me, working a good job and then spending thousands of pounds on decent equipment, is a much better way to go than spending it on binge-boozing, drugs, smoking or takeaways and such like...

The bold part of that quote is far too familiar!! o_O

i don't know why the mods get such a hard time on here - this is the most liberal board i go on (ok i only use 4 other messageboards!) i like the fact you can swear on here - shit fuck cunt - i feel better now!

i cant belive that, this is the most modded board i use (not a bad thing all the time)

most of the boards i use are just a free for all, and i think they work pretty well and more people respect each other than they do on here.

not a dig about the mods on here its just what i have found.

Come on now... lets get back on topic. MMW are shit! haha

I did hear about the use of Death's debut album cover "Scream Bloody Gore" being desecrated in the name of "Scream Bloody Core". This is unexcusable and in my capacity as a "Death Metal God" i shall pass judgement upon thee. DEATH shall be the outcome by what means... hmm "Torn to Pieces" seems fitting, and i shall be "Baptised in (your) Blood".

But, only if it's true of course. Not seen the evidence.

Ooka

ps. Dink (i love that but for different reasons i'm sure) How's the logo coming on?

I did hear about the use of Death's debut album cover "Scream Bloody Gore" being desecrated in the name of "Scream Bloody Core". This is unexcusable and in my capacity as a "Death Metal God" i shall pass judgement upon thee. DEATH shall be the outcome by what means... hmm "Torn to Pieces" seems fitting, and i shall be "Baptised in (your) Blood".

Ooka

ps. Dink (i love that but for different reasons i'm sure) How's the logo coming on?

Pah, I have zero tolerance for a silly low life of a human such as you. May you be left to die in an open casket thanks to your lack of comprehension.

ok that was too far, and also very crap.

i'm currently spending every spare minute of my life finishing our own album artwork as well as the finishing touches on the last couple of songs, but I will get on to the bonesaw onet when I'm less tied up. Busy times, busy times, good sir!

Guest Kilgore Trout
Pah, I have zero tolerance for a silly low life of a human such as you. May you be left to die in an open casket thanks to your lack of comprehension.

ok that was too far, and also very crap.

i'm currently spending every spare minute of my life finishing our own album artwork as well as the finishing touches on the last couple of songs, but I will get on to the bonesaw onet when I'm less tied up. Busy times, busy times, good sir!

i imagine that that speech was delivered in a warbly falsetto, but maybe thats just me.

damn straight.

also: get a room.

Guest Kilgore Trout

Ooka

i beg to digareedoo!

mmw are the ultimate expression of ABDN music- style over content, the musical equivalent of a fake tan with an exposed fat belly.

whatever.

• Upvote 1

i imagine that that speech was delivered in a warbly falsetto, but maybe thats just me.

damn straight.

also: get a room.

???

I was quoting random death songs in one sentence... surely it should be delivered in a death metal style?

I believe this is the offending article:

Thrash.jpg

[the mmw logo on the above shirt is remeniscent of kreator, destruction, metallica, nuclear assault, overkill and Iron Maiden... I assume this is unexcusable behaviour as well?]

Guest Kilgore Trout
???

I was quoting random death songs in one sentence... surely it should be delivered in a death metal style?

Thrash.jpg

[the mmw logo on the above shirt is remeniscent of kreator, destruction, metallica, nuclear assault, overkill and Iron Maiden... I assume this is unexcusable behaviour as well?]

i'll trade you one of them for a spike pile driver t shirt.

Guest bluesxman
Haha nice try. Why don't you come to a show and perhaps buy one. We have all those overheads to pay for dont you know? Can't be giving away CD's.

But you have all those upcoming album sales profits to look forward to ;)

Saw your EP for 4 quid in One Up t'other day so gave it a bash to save myself gig entry costs :up: , not my usual listening style so have no frame of reference but have to say it was well recorded and played and I actually enjoyed much of it. Now to track down some SPD stuff......

But you have all those upcoming album sales profits to look forward to ;)

Saw your EP for 4 quid in One Up t'other day so gave it a bash to save myself gig entry costs :up: , not my usual listening style so have no frame of reference but have to say it was well recorded and played and I actually enjoyed much of it. Now to track down some SPD stuff......

in one-up!?

that would have been our old, old EP! Our first release... things have changed so much since then!

i'll trade you one of them for a spike pile driver t shirt.

Do SPD have t-shirts!?

Because unless Jake made the shirts by sewing fluff and horse hair together using a sharpened stick as a needle, before manually printing every design with his fingers and using paint made from berries and chalk found in the cairngorms... then I don't want to know about it. If it ain't DIY, it ain't shit. :D

Guest Kilgore Trout
Do SPD have t-shirts!?

Because unless Jake made the shirts by sewing fluff and horse hair together using a sharpened stick as a needle, before manually printing every design with his fingers and using paint made from berries and chalk found in the cairngorms... then I don't want to know about it. If it ain't DIY, it ain't shit. :D

well my granny is knitting the basic tank top, then the whole band contribute parts of the design, the embroidery is fantastic and as a bonus feature its very comfortable apart from the itching caused by using genuine maximitosis infested rabbit fur. each spd grament comes with a certificate that proves that no "emo twats" were involved in the manufacturing process. allready pre orders have been recieved from sophie dahl, the drummer from babyshambles, gary barlow, big jim ewan, tim burton, the advertising team behind nik naks, kennethmont womens rural association (grindcore division), the problem page staff from "now" magazine, james "i like wool" hetfield, and many other hipsters.

obviously my intention to swap or trade t shirts* was meant in the brotherhood of rock way, but if you are going to get sarky about it i'm going to sulk.

for a very long time.

* t shits sounded better, but for claritys sake.

mmw are the ultimate expression of ABDN music- style over content, the musical equivalent of a fake tan with an exposed fat belly.

The SPD board of selectors would like to offer you a three-year contract extension with the usual condiments and 'pwning' bonuses. Just sign the dotted line!

Yep' date=' it's offensive alright.............

Now to track down some SPD stuff......

It's bin day in Stonehaven tomorrow IIRC, might be a couple in there......