aberdeen-music

FMA'07 - Most metal of Metal

The Ghost Of Fudge

At the end of the day, this discussion could be looked at from every angle until everyones blue in the face. Scorge's comments are the way he feels and should be taken with a pinch of salt and infact completely looked over because it shouldn't phase you.

I'm sick fed up of watching threads degenerate into bitchfests when this site has more to offer than that (although I may stoke the fire of these bitchfests sometimes). Good for you on your achievements etc, I for one will say I find your music quite appealing and original, however badly I may get "slated" for saying it.

I do object to you not announcing your achievements on aberdeen-music, because believe it or not there's probably a few people who'd like to know about them and the fact that a few negative comments will be made is nothing to worry about.

All the best in the future for you guys though.

YouTube - Fast Show - Indecisive Dave

• Upvote 2

It's hard to believe that people can get so worked up about this even years after it began.

I think I can remember this from about 2004. When will it stop? It's funny, but boring.

It's not the negative comments' date=' mate - it's the degeneration into the bitchfests (which you said yourself that you hate) that was the reason we didn't/don't post our news up here.[/quote']

This is a pity that you decide not to use this site for its intended purposes because of what you said.

If only the moderators did their job properly and delete these posts without reason instead of closing the thread after everything has went to shit.

Guest bluesxman
[Out of interest, do you object to Scorge's bitchy and snide remarks? Or doesn't he count, because he has nothing to be proud of and therefore can't appear to be gloating?

I find it mildly amusing how I can make a couple of jibes towards him in a thread and recieve a critical appraisal on my behaviour, yet he can fill his posts with 99% abuse and no-one seems to really be overly bothered by it.]

Maybe the fact he threatened to rip someone's limbs off earlier in the thread made people too scared to pick him up on anything in case he is actually The Hulk

• Upvote 1

It's hard to believe that people can get so worked up about this even years after it began.

I think I can remember this from about 2004. When will it stop? It's funny, but boring.

This is a pity that you decide not to use this site for its intended purposes because of what you said.

If only the moderators did their job properly and delete these posts without reason instead of closing the thread after everything has went to shit.

You can hardly blame the moderators. If they did that every feckin thread would close.

You can hardly blame the moderators. If they did that every feckin thread would close.

Hmmm, That's not really fair.

Why can't we just post what's going on with us for those people you say are interested and then have a moderator just get rid of the snidey, bitter or pointless posts? What they in effect do is sit back, watch someone say something, watch us say something back and so forth...Then they jump in and go "Oh why can't you guys just get over this blah blah blah!" What they dont do is EVER get to the root cause of the problem being a post or two and delete the not needed ones. If I know that some waste of oxygen's post saying "yeah you guys did this to get this and went here yadda yadda 1200 blah blah piss moan" was going to be deleted as soon as it is seen then I'd sit back happy in the knowledge that only people who gave a toss about the band will comment. The rest would just have sit and tell their mates over MSN what the ywould say if they were allowed. "If I couldve said this on that thread then that would totally pwn them!"

Hmmm, That's not really fair.

Why can't we just post what's going on with us for those people you say are interested and then have a moderator just get rid of the snidey, bitter or pointless posts? What they in effect do is sit back, watch someone say something, watch us say something back and so forth...Then they jump in and go "Oh why can't you guys just get over this blah blah blah!" What they dont do is EVER get to the root cause of the problem being a post or two and delete the not needed ones. If I know that some waste of oxygen's post saying "yeah you guys did this to get this and went here yadda yadda 1200 blah blah piss moan" was going to be deleted as soon as it is seen then I'd sit back happy in the knowledge that only people who gave a toss about the band will comment. The rest would just have sit and tell their mates over MSN what the ywould say if they were allowed. "If I couldve said this on that thread then that would totally pwn them!"

I'm not really bothered anymore to be honest.

Amazing, I'll remember to use that next time I haven't got anything else to say...

Yes. I have nothing else to say on the matter, because whatever I say or whatever way I say it, you always turn out to look like the victim and I can't be fucked with it anymore to be honest. The bickerings doing my tits in so i'll bite my tongue for the sake of alleviating an argument possibly.

Yes. I have nothing else to say on the matter, because whatever I say or whatever way I say it, you always turn out to look like the victim and I can't be fucked with it anymore to be honest. The bickerings doing my tits in so i'll bite my tongue for the sake of alleviating an argument possibly.

You're not tired of bickering...

Last time i checked the internet was real.....

yes but that is not the point he is making. (i think)

i think he was meaning poeple will say anything on the internet as they have the protection of sitting at home and not saying it to your face. maybe thats not what he is meaning but that what i thought!!

yes but that is not the point he is making. (i think)

i think he was meaning poeple will say anything on the internet as they have the protection of sitting at home and not saying it to your face. maybe thats not what he is meaning but that what i thought!!

An insult is still an insult whether it's online or to your face. It might spurn someone on into tracking down your candy ass and giving you the wupping you deserve, so to speak. Everything has it's consequences whether uttered in person or written on here. So yes, it is still Real Life. People may act out of 'character' on here and it may be insignificant, but it's still nonetheless part of 'life'.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
What HE really is? Both you and Ben were into "...And Justice For All" by Metallica etc nearly 20 years ago. These days, ben is in a band playing similar to music to what he was into 2 decades ago - and certainly wouldn't deny those roots. Yet you have abandoned any sort of 'commercial music' that you used to be into because you're all about anti-corporation and CDR's from eastern europe. Scorge was waxing lyrical about power metal about a year or 2 ago when he was in with the ascension guys and his maiden cover band. Yet now he is all about the poorly recorded dribble that you feed him, because his old friends hate him these days and he is friends with you instead.

Don't worry mods, I'll keep this relatively civil:

First things first, you're right, buying "Justice" was an eye-opener and a half for me. I still have it in the collection, along with stuff by Venom, Kreator, Motorhead, Slayer, Di'anno-era Iron Maiden etc. I'll never part with it either, and I'm not denying it shaped my musical tastes. My tastes progressed into HC and I gave up on metal in the mid-'90's. I still get a buzz when I spin the old thrash vinyls and probably always will, it's like being a teenager again! So no, I haven't "abandoned" it. I moved on to other stuff, but if it wasn't for '80's thrash I'd probably never have discovered the noise I love nowadays. It's not like it's a dirty secret or anything so you haven't "outed" me.

So what if Comrade Scorge used to be into power metal? People's tastes change, I let him hear a few bands and let him make up his own mind. He's got me into a lot of cracking stuff so what goes around comes around.

On a side note, you always mention Eastern Europe for some reason. Yeah, a guy in Belarus has released a few comp. tapes with SPD stuff on them. FYI, the next 3 Spike releases (after the Jan Ag split) will be released on DIY labels in Belgium, Holland and Spain. If you told me 3 years back all this would happen I'd have laughed at you, still have to pinch myself. Not bad for someone with no talent whatsoever. Whether it's poorly recorded is a matter of opinion. I'm buggered if I'm blootering four-figure sums on recording, as long as you can hear each instrument is all that matters.

Right, I think that's everything covered. If you want to keep the discussion going, keep it civil and we might even get somewhere.

Comrade Scorge used to be into power metal?

Not that it really matters, but Aberdeen's least popular left winger would like to point out that he still gives it the odd spin, and yesterday picked up a cracking X Japan bootleg. However, the new LCD Soundsystem album is so good I've been playing that constantly instead. Ho hum.

This thread should be given out by the umpires soon, methinks.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
An insult is still an insult whether it's online or to your face. It might spurn someone on into tracking down your candy ass and giving you the wupping you deserve, so to speak.

Whatever the WWF are paying you, I'll double it :up:

Can I have a free Spike Pile Driver CD-r/cassette/whatever and My Mind's Weapon CD-r/whatever from each band so I can see what all the fuss is about?:up:

Haha nice try. Why don't you come to a show and perhaps buy one. We have all those overheads to pay for dont you know? Can't be giving away CD's.

Err, yeah I can.

Deleting the inappropriate posts would avoid such threads ending up the way they are. It seems that the moderators just keep the threads open for their own enjoyment and when it gets boring, they close it.

Well, if you want, we could just delete every post that has the slightest hint of insult about it, and keep everything nice.

But I suspect that would get us a hell of a lot more complaints than we get now. Because it's not that black and white. Sometimes someone has a good point but just words it badly, sometimes they are just being provocative but it might lead off an interesting new branch of the discussion. It's a fine balancing act between keeping things civil and killing the discussion. Sometimes it gets lively, and in general that's a good thing. Sometimes people go too far, and where possible we will act on it. Sometimes we just delete it and sometimes we just post a reminder to play nice. It's not an exact science.

We do not just let a thread go bad for fun until we get bored. I refute that. But I will take your point to an extent though, sometimes we do get it wrong and overlook something that does the discussion no good. But this is why there is a report post function. If you're not happy about a post and we haven't noticed it, report it. Then we are immediately informed by email and can have a look at it. Don't just leave it until later to moan about us not doing anything.

As far as I can see not one single post from this thread has been reported yet.