aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

• Korg Microkorg
  • E-mu -0404 soundcard with free software bundle
  • Behringer condenser microphone
  • Roland Microcube amp (flat living)
  • And 1 lovely XLR to XLR cable

When this arrived i'll be getting much use out of that mixer!

Cool - I've got a Microcube for home - magic wee things. Got a fair wallop! Great for busking as well.

Good choice. The Manu sounds fantastic (one of the guys I work with has one).

I saw one in R&B a while ago, but it was 400 quid. Dab-hand Scorge can get one for 300, last time I checked anyway.....

Manu Katche is criminally underrated as a drummer: he's not show-offy, but very crafty.......

I got myself a Korg Triton Extreme 61 key version (i liked it marginally better than the Fantom that Dan bought although the Fantom pwns the triton at a number of things, including realistic acoustic instruments).

KORG.co.uk ::Triton Extreme

Also got the M-Audio GForce Future Retro Pack for christmas (i suppose not really 2007 but thought I would mention it anyway).

GForce Software

Now I just need a laptop to run all my software synths live and an RME fireface 800 (plan to plug SPDIF of triton extreme into the fireface and send one left and right signal to the desk, live).

Also would like an 88 weighted keys board.

If I purchased the fireface it would mean I have studio gear at a comparible quality with The Mill.

You NEED a Line 6 Echo Park. That's the most recent pedal I've bought myself. Hog can back that up :)

I seriously wouldn't recommend line 6 for reverb. Especially if it is anything like what is on the original pod.

Alesis are often unbeatable for the price and the reverb isn't bad. Preferably use it in the parallel fx loop as the reverb signal is not strong enough on itself.

If you can afford it, save up for a TC electronics G major. They are coming down to around 250 now. Reverb makes an astonishing difference to your tone. Don't compromise on it.

That's what confused me. I thought it sounded like a delay pedal. He did however mention he wanted a reverb processor, which is quite differnet from a delay pedal.

I have the DL4 which is very good. Line 6 can do delays, just not reverb (at least, not last time i checked). I don't use the DL4 though.

Yeah man that was in a different thread I think. That's why I waited til this one to mention the Echo Park rather than mention it in the reverb one.

Haven't tried the DL4 yet, nor any Line 6 Reverbs. Not too bothered though :D

I just bought an Orville Les Paul Standard. Orville were made by Gibson in Japan with the same stuff that the Gibson USA models were made with but were only made for the Japanese market.

It's coming all the way from Japan and should be here next week. Here's a picture

f5_3.JPG

I got myself a Korg Triton Extreme 61 key version (i liked it marginally better than the Fantom that Dan bought although the Fantom pwns the triton at a number of things, including realistic acoustic instruments).

KORG.co.uk ::Triton Extreme

Also got the M-Audio GForce Future Retro Pack for christmas (i suppose not really 2007 but thought I would mention it anyway).

GForce Software

Now I just need a laptop to run all my software synths live and an RME fireface 800 (plan to plug SPDIF of triton extreme into the fireface and send one left and right signal to the desk, live).

Also would like an 88 weighted keys board.

If I purchased the fireface it would mean I have studio gear at a comparible quality with The Mill.

Cor blimey!, What exactly is all that stuff that you're talking about. I thought I got fancy when I made a home made pedal board and stuck my tuner, wah, overdrive and my delay on it. everything seem so technical these days.?(

Cor blimey!, What exactly is all that stuff that you're talking about. I thought I got fancy when I made a home made pedal board and stuck my tuner, wah, overdrive and my delay on it. everything seem so technical these days.?(

Korg Triton Extreme - workstation keyboard

M-Audio GForce Retro Pack - bundle that contains software emulations of 4 classic analogue synths.

RME fireface 800 - analogue to digital converter - recording interface (not purchased yet).

I only use 3 pedals. A sustain pedal (for the keyboard), a volume pedal for my gutiar and a midi control footboard (to switch my sounds more easily). They all fit within the flightcase.

Maybe a new 'dream setup and current gear thread' is in line.

On another note: I still have Strat GAS. Not moved onto Les Paul GAS yet. Would like a nice ash strat with uber pickups. An alder one with DiMarzio's would also be nice.

M-Audio GForce Retro Pack - bundle that contains software emulations of 4 classic analogue synths.

RME fireface 800 - analogue to digital converter - recording interface (not purchased yet).

I only use 3 pedals. A sustain pedal (for the keyboard), a volume pedal for my gutiar and a midi control footboard (to switch my sounds more easily). They all fit within the flightcase.

Maybe a new 'dream setup and current gear thread' is in line.

On another note: I still have Strat GAS. Not moved onto Les Paul GAS yet. Would like a nice ash strat with uber pickups. An alder one with DiMarzio's would also be nice.

Oh! I think I see now. Thanks