aberdeen-music

NME Cool List 2006.

A.Pel

Make room for some healthy discussion.

1 Beth Ditto (The Gossip)

2 Faris Rotter (The Horrors) - Have you seen his fucking hair!?

3 Lily Allen

4 Jarvis Cocker

5 Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

6 Kieren Webster (The View)

7 Kate Jackson (The Long Blondes)

8 Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance)

9 Thom Yorke (Radiohead)

10 Lovefoxxx (CSS)

11 Paul Simonon (The Good, The Bad & The Queen)

12 Liam Gallagher (Oasis)

13 Jamie Reynolds (Klaxons)

14 The House Of Lords (The Young Knives)

15 Tahita Bulmer (New Young Pony Club)

16 Cee-Lo (Gnarls Barkley)

17 Ryan Ross (Panic! At The Disco)

18 Carl Barat (Dirty Pretty Things)

19 Jack White (The White Stripes/The Raconteurs)

20 Jamie Frost (The Automatic)

21 Serge Pizzorno (Kasabian)

22 Eugene Hutz (Gogol Bordello)

23 Albert Hammond Jr (The Strokes)

24 Meg White (The White Stripes)

25 Jay-Z

26 Keith Richards (The Rolling Stones)

27 Matt Bellamy (Muse)

28 Pete Doherty (Babyshambles)

29 Brandon Flowers (The Killers)

30 Statik

31 Richard Hawley

32 Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys)

33 Vincent Vincent (Vincent Vincent & The Villains)

34 Lupe Fiasco

35 Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip)

36 Mike Patton

37 Jamie Williams (Tilly & The Wall)

38 Bobby Gillespie (Primal Scream)

39 Mike Skinner (The Streets)

40 Ali Love

41 Tunde Adebimpe (TV On The Radio)

42 Mince (The Fratellis)

43 Devendra Banhart

44 Sam Duckworth (Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly)

45 Victoria Bergman (Ex-The Concretes)

46 Jackie McKeown (1990s)

47 George Barnett (These New Puritans)

48 Cat Power

49 Thorunn Antonia (Fields)

50 Amy Winehouse

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who are the horrors? why is someone called 'mince' in that list? when did i become out of touch? who the fuck are vincent vincent and the villains?

i say we send them all a picture of jimi hendrix setting his guitar on fire to show these pasty faced ballsacks what cool really is. then we should all dress up as jimi hendrix and set the nme offices on fire.

A slight improvement on last years list but still as appalling as I would have expected. NME angers me to the point of increased blood pressure.

I'm amazed it was the girl from The Gossip at number one, I would have expected Faris from The Horrors to have had that one pretty much in the bag for the last few months.

There's some good choices in there, notably Jarvis Cocker, Kate Jackson, Paul Simonon and Victoria Bergman. However, it's just the classic mix of 'indie legends' and bands who sing bouncy songs about getting a Taxi at the weekend.

lily allen?!

putting on a silk dress with trainers doesn't make you cool love, it makes you look like the horrible common slag you are.

I really like Lily Allen, I don't think she is particularly talented but I love how she slags other bands off, which nobody else does anymore. I'm all for sexiness and bitchiness in rock 'n' roll. She has personality unlike some of her dullard male peers.

Oh I think she was privately educated, so I think the common tart thing is misplaced but she does look a right dirty bitch, so I'll give you kudos for that!

NME angers me to the point of increased blood pressure.

And I, but not nearly as much as the fucking braindead sheep who take it as their style bible because it's contents are trendy at the moment, who lap up its every word and listen to the bands it tells them to, dresses the way they tell them to.

Fucking shite rag.

who are the horrors? why is someone called 'mince' in that list? when did i become out of touch? who the fuck are vincent vincent and the villains?

i say we send them all a picture of jimi hendrix setting his guitar on fire to show these pasty faced ballsacks what cool really is. then we should all dress up as jimi hendrix and set the nme offices on fire.

Hahaha! I'm in!

I really like Lily Allen, I don't think she is particularly talented but I love how she slags other bands off, which nobody else does anymore. I'm all for sexiness and bitchiness in rock 'n' roll. She has personality unlike some of her dullard male peers.

Oh I think she was privately educated, so I think the common tart thing is misplaced but she does look a right dirty bitch, so I'll give you kudos for that!

naw, you can go to a private school and still be a common tart. see; robert gordons and st margarets school for girls. i'm not saying them all by any manner of means but there are certainly some rather promiscuous girls come out of those places ;)

naw, you can go to a private school and still be a common tart. see; robert gordons and st margarets school for girls. i'm not saying them all by any manner of means but there are certainly some rather promiscuous girls come out of those places ;)

When I was at school I used to love the Albyn Girl's school uniform and come to think of it, when I see some of their 'promiscous' sixth formers in town I still do!

I know the nubile rock chick in the school uniform has been done to death but Lily Allen would look fucking amazing in an Albyn Girl's school uniform! She has the filthy personality to carry it off anyway :)

The Horrors are the ultimate "style over substance" band. Teeth-gratingly-dreadful music, nice eyeliner.

It's a better list than the last two years, but it's just so bloody patronising as usual; a fat girl in at number one, the usual nods to unwashed schmindie shite ("Mince", the View, Doherty) and the odd muso choice to pretend the NME's still knows its arse from its elbow.

AKM

(not to mention the fact that if "Faris" is his real name, he deserves ice picks in every one of his orifices)

THis is a list of celebrities for fuck sake. I thought it was the new Musical Express, but its just heat with backcolmed hair, wearing an old Army Uniform and converse all-stars, skinny jeans and weilding a Gibson Les Paul that it doesnt know how to play, but its ok cause its the same guitar that Jimi Page uses.

What this is is a list for people who are into music cause its "cool" at the moment and they cant be fucked actually going out there listening to music and making their own opinions up. Why bother when NME provides them for two quid or whatever it costs a week.

Fucks.

What this is is a list for people who are into music cause its "cool" at the moment and they cant be fucked actually going out there listening to music and making their own opinions up. Why bother when NME provides them for two quid or whatever it costs a week.

Do you like a lot, if any of the music featured in the NME out of interest?

For those of you who like the sort of thing the NME generally features Club NME's tonight at Moshulu with My Luminaries playing and drinks offers galore.

[/plug] ^_^

When I was at school I used to love the Albyn Girl's school uniform and come to think of it, when I see some of their 'promiscous' sixth formers in town I still do!

I know the nubile rock chick in the school uniform has been done to death but Lily Allen would look fucking amazing in an Albyn Girl's school uniform! She has the filthy personality to carry it off anyway :)

Surely you don't need that dirty a personality to pull off the school girl thing, it's a bit of a cliche, pretty tame for dress up.

And I think she looks like she's walked into a wall.

Bah. Damn NME.