aberdeen-music

Ever been barred from a pub or club?

Sue Denim..

One != too many. Also; 'too many' incorrect uses of inane ITT.

Watch out, Christy. Don't you realise this guy is an internet hardman? He's the type of scumbag that bottles people, so he might end up bottling you. Y'know. From behind a keyboard.

I was thrown out of Exodus for a bizarre turn of events one night. I had been hanging out with a pal of mine who happens to be a lesbian; when she decided to call it a night I went to Exo on my own. I started chatting to a couple of girls at the bar when one of the girls said "We're lesbians" so I replied "Awesome, I love lesbians, I've just been having drinks with one".

At this point the girl started to get annoyed with me so I said cheerio and started talking to someone else. Later in the night a girl I hadn't seen before came over and said "My friend really wants to talk to you" but I was like "Well maybe later" but she kept on hassling me to come meet her friend. So she takes me through the bar and who else is it but the girl who'd said she was a lesbian earlier. Suddenly she just starts screaming in my face "Fuuuuuck YOooooouu!" I was like "I didn't even want to come over here you crazy bitch".

About an hour later I was going outside and she was at the door and she was like "You're not even here with anyone, you're just hitting on girls" so I said "So what? I know plenty of people here" So she said "Oh yeah, show me". I should have just told her to get fucked but I was drunk....

I looked over and saw Murray and Jordan from the Xcerts having a drink so I said, "Come meet these guys". So I take the original two girls over and say "This is Murray, this is Jordan" and the girls demeanour totally changes. The really bitchy one is flirting hard with Murray the other is talking to Jordan. Murray is looking at me shrugging his shoulders. Eventually he says "Bob, who are these girls?" and I said with no malice whatsoever "No one really, just a couple of lesbians I met earlier".

So the bitchy one flips out about me calling her a lesbian and throws a drink at my head which I successfully duck. Then she grabs a pint that's on the table and tries to throw it at me but I put my hand up to block her throw and she spills the entire pint over herself and her friend. I won't forget the expression on their faces in a hurry, mouths wide open in shock as the beer dripped from their clothes and hair.

Not long after that I was asked to leave.

• Upvote 1

I got banned from Rileys once, the one on Bridge Street, opposite Liquid. Back in 2002-2004 it was pretty much my local and me and my flatmate played pool in there about five nights a week, and we knew all the barstaff pretty well. One night I was refused service by the assistant manager because I'd had too much. After doing the old classic "I'll tell YOU when I've had enough!" thing to no avail, I quietly accepted it and left. Or so I thought. Next time I went in I was told I had to leave as i'd repeatedly called the assistant manager a "fat fuck" and they had watched me on the CCTV pissing all over the door downstairs and giving the camera the finger. Thankfully after much apologising they let it go and then just made fun of me for it. Since I was a regular they knew it was very out of character for me and I normally behaved impeccably. Shameful behaviour. Wouldn't do again.

I was barred from the palm court for spitting on the floor (it was more a half spew tbh) and then starting a fight on an oap. Im not proud of it, but it happened. I was also thrown out of liquid for being punched in the throat, wasn't entirely happy with that one but probably karma for getting away with pissing in the cue on my way in. The looks on people's faces in the queue as they had to dodge my piss snaking its way down the hill was genius. I also have a friend who is banned from espo for nobbing a bird in the middle floor toilets. She was a munter so hardly worth it.

I played snafu once when I was 17 and it was an over 18s gig. Went out to make a phone call just as the bouncer started his shift.

"ID?"

"Im in the band"

"Oh ok no problem chum"

"Cheers"

The drummer then decides to go on about how he has his ID and is basically begging the bouncer to ID him. He was obviously thinking he was doing the bouncer a favour incase he got caught not IDing folk. Totally forgetting that I was 3 years younger than him.

We got in, I told him off and lols were had.