aberdeen-music

Ever been barred from a pub or club?

Sue Denim..

Me n my mate Gabi weren't even allowed into the Honeycomb in Edinburgh 4 years ago cos we were too happy. We were also doing 'La-hoooo'zzer' impressions to each other over and over ha ha ha and the doorman didn't react kindly. We rock, but that wasn't that rockunroll I know...

Other than that I'm a good girl I think. x

In '79 they all used the same frame, with the angled shock points at the back, which is the best one.

This coupled to the 180 degree crank provided a major benefit to Laverda ownership *NUDGE NUDGE WINK*.

Very strong bike too. Once cartwheeled it down the Netherly road at 70mph.

Also once had the cush drive pack in, exploding the rear wheel at 90mph. The chain sliced clean through the swinging arm!

I think I must have known a different model Mirage, which despite a fantastic engine, was a truly evil-handling thing.

Indeed, we always knew there to be something "extra" about Lav owners but most Italian bikes of the day had that special buzz! :D

Yup, a couple of mates had Jotas & the abuse they took & still kept rolling was incredible.

Had the same happen on the Ducati at a rather daft speed on Garthdee road once. Completely locked the rear wheel, did-in my back tyre, boots, pants & left a most impressive skidmark all down the hill too! Thank f*ck there was no traffic islands/roundabouts back then! :D

After ending up in Stonehaven's Divas entertainment nerve centre on Saturday night, I kind of wish I was banned from there to give me a good reason not to go other than the fact you can't get served at a bar for at least 20 minutes, the music is s**t and it is full of scum. (Not counting the lovely project:venhell boys of course who I seem to see in there every time I go :up: )

Ooh, that reminds me - I also got chucked out of there when it was still The Kennel for throwing a pint at some annoying harlot on the dancefloor. Happy days........

I think I must have known a different model Mirage, which despite a fantastic engine, was a truly evil-handling thing.

Indeed, we always knew there to be something "extra" about Lav owners but most Italian bikes of the day had that special buzz! :D

Yup, a couple of mates had Jotas & the abuse they took & still kept rolling was incredible.

Had the same happen on the Ducati at a rather daft speed on Garthdee road once. Completely locked the rear wheel, did-in my back tyre, boots, pants & left a most impressive skidmark all down the hill too! Thank f*ck there was no traffic islands/roundabouts back then! :D

There was a later model Mirage that looked more like a tourer, and was truely ugly. It may have had a different frame but I'm not sure.

We must know each other! Who the fuck are you LOL???

Have you seen they now have a trffic island on that road where someone has destroyed the bollard so it's just an unmarked kerb in middle of the road. Occasionally the council puts a cone on top of it. Not good. Once almost hit a smilar obstruction exiting Kincardine O' Neil on the VMax.

Guest spikefae20dj

jura whisky

that must a hurt:popcorn: cost much to fix

Was wondering tho does the moorings do jura whisky as i was over there during the long weekend for the music festival and the whisky was one o the best i ever had if the moorings don't do it could u get it:cheers:

that must a hurt:popcorn: cost much to fix

Was wondering tho does the moorings do jura whisky as i was over there during the long weekend for the music festival and the whisky was one o the best i ever had if the moorings don't do it could u get it:cheers:

We get it in from time to time. The malts are on a rotation. Usually 4 on the go at once.

There was a later model Mirage that looked more like a tourer, and was truely ugly. It may have had a different frame but I'm not sure.

We must know each other! Who the fuck are you LOL???

Have you seen they now have a trffic island on that road where someone has destroyed the bollard so it's just an unmarked kerb in middle of the road. Occasionally the council puts a cone on top of it. Not good. Once almost hit a smilar obstruction exiting Kincardine O' Neil on the VMax.

That was probably it, the tourer set-up rings a big bell anyway.

Probably, I think I recognise you from the photo. We certainly have a few friends in common. :)

Not been up that way for a while, rarely beyond the Sainsbury roundabout much now. I'll have a look tho, I've been making a bit of pest of myself to the roads dept about dangerous surfaces recently.

Guest spikefae20dj

whisky

We get it in from time to time. The malts are on a rotation. Usually 4 on the go at once.

that's awsome i'll need to keep an eye out for it cause it's definately one of the nicest whisky's i'v ever tried. also any chance of getting some symphony X, ensiferum or dream theatre especially on the juke box if it's not there already

I have never been barred from a pub or club in my chuff, at least while memory serves me well.

I've been refused service for being totally pished but one of the more memorable ones was witnessing one of my mates drink two 2 pint pitchers of my boak. It was dark, my mate was on Export and my vom and his export looked, to the casual observer, the same. Not too sure about the taste though, but my mate was none the wiser.

I've never been barred, as I'm usually quite a nice guy (I have commited a few barrable offences though). My flatmate got barred from Queen Margret Union (Glasgow Uni) for giving a bouncer the finger behind her back. The bouncer turned around but my flatmate was too drunk to react - he continued to give her the finger for a good minute or so before he realised his mistake. He then called her a racist and that's what did it (the bouncer was white, my mate's chinese).

i just got banned from priory tonight!the reason absolutly nothing!!!!

i walked up to the door got stopped and thought he was gonna ask for my ID. the conversation went as follows....

bouncer: "your not getting in"

me: "why?"

bouncer: "i saw you get stopped the other day as you walked in"

me: "no that was my mate, who was banned"

bouncer: "i don't care"

me:"yeah it was my mate who was banned and he got banned over a month ago"

bouncer: *nods his head*"no"

my mate was banned on the 1st of september, he asked how long he was banned for and the bouncer said a month.

it has been well over a month, my mate is still not getting in and because i walked in with him, i am no longer getting in.

this hardly seems fair does it???

after they stopped me they lost the custom of 5 others because my mates wouldn't go in because i was not getting in!!!

i just got banned from priory tonight!the reason absolutly nothing!!!!

i walked up to the door got stopped and thought he was gonna ask for my ID. the conversation went as follows....

bouncer: "your not getting in"

me: "why?"

bouncer: "i saw you get stopped the other day as you walked in"

me: "no that was my mate, who was banned"

bouncer: "i don't care"

me:"yeah it was my mate who was banned and he got banned over a month ago"

bouncer: *nods his head*"no"

my mate was banned on the 1st of september, he asked how long he was banned for and the bouncer said a month.

it has been well over a month, my mate is still not getting in and because i walked in with him, i am no longer getting in.

this hardly seems fair does it???

after they stopped me they lost the custom of 5 others because my mates wouldn't go in because i was not getting in!!!

I think you've been done a massive favour there!

can you recommend anywhere else bar espionage,bud bar, tiger tiger!!

Snafu and Tunnels can both be good but at the same time are very hit or miss. Depends what you like really. I like a bit of Club Tropicana now and then just for a bit of nonsense. I also find the people there are there to have fun and there is no pretensions. I wouldn't want to send anyone there on my recommendation though as you may well hate it!

i was once barred from the now defunct auchmill inn,trouble was the night i got banned i was not even in the place,iwas home in my bed pished after drinking some where else, the managers exuse was as he had barred my mates "i run with the dogs so roll in the same fleas " meaning in his own welsh way, that as my mates were naughty boys i was going to be one too

Don't believe I was quite barred in this situation but I was approached by the bouncer while sitting in the outside area of Revolution "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave, you were sick upstairs"

I hadn't been upstairs or sick anywhere else for that matter, he had clearly got the wrong guy or the story was completely false.

I replied "i think you've got the wrong guy, i haven't been sick or upstairs"

he then muttered something about having to leave anyway

"we were just about to leave anyway" (as we were).

He then acompanied us out the side gate.

I don't think I have been banned but I haven't returned there since.