aberdeen-music

The Da Vinci Code

Broken Sword' date=' eh? I've got that sitting in another room waiting for me to play it. A friend let me borrow it and insists that i hsould play it.[/quote']

Play it, its brilliant. You'll immediately notice the french chick/american man combo similarities ...and thats just a start.

I thought it was a slightly adapted version of the infamous point 'n' click PC game "Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars"

Wow, I was just going to say that...I think Dan Brown was just obsessed with the trilogy of the great 2D point and click game. It like he basically just wrote a more detailed story around the first game.

Some of the similarities are uncanny, especially the fact the two main characters are similar.

However, I loved Broken Sword and did enjoy the Davinci CodeI like cheesy adventures and happy endings, so I think I will enjoy the film too.

Guest Phantomsmasher

Read the book a while ago, thought it was utter garbage. Really resent the whole new mass of 'religious philosophers' and 'conspiracy theorists', which seem to have spawned out of their eggs to claim the book to be the best piece of writing in years...

I watched a pirtate version of the movie. I don't like the idea of giving Dan Brown any more of my money, and it was as bad, if not worse than the book. Both Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou are far, far better than this.

Apparently the Cannes audience laughed at the screening of the film. I didnt realise that Maxi was in France!:up:

I haven't seen this movie yet. The book....mmm...5/10. Shame if the film is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Audrey Tautou is usually awesome and Tom Hanks is also pretty cool.

well i enjoyed it! i haven't read the book' date=' but when it's coming out at the cinema, why bother :D 2 hours to see a film, 2 years to read a book. that's no choice for me!

/x[/quote']

2 years to read a book?

You are allowed to read more than one page a day. May I ask which 10 or so books you have managed to read so far in your lifetime?

Of course if it turns out you have some awful disease that gives you terrible paper cuts every time you turn a page I shall feel just awful for taking the piss.

nah, i just never get into books enough to speed me up through reading them. around the world in 80 days took me a year and a half! the cunt had been round 7 times by the time i'd read about it!

that said, i read the most recent autobiography of lawrence taylor in about three sittings. it's got to be a topic that really interests me before i bother!

/x

I really enjoyed it too, they managed to keep heaps of detail in from the book. Ian McKellan was perfect as Teabing and Hanks actually was quite good as Langdon.

I don't really care how much people slag off the book - I enjoy it every time I read it and find it hard to put down, and this film did it justice.

And they didn't alter the ending that much did they? Only the bit in Rosslyn, obviously they left out the fact that Sofie's brother had been hidden with their Grandmother and I'm not sure why they needed to change the fact that Sofie was Sauniere's granddaughter, but otherwise - the bit at the Louvre that was in keeping.

Saw it a few days ago. After what I had heard I was expecting it to be kack, but it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. Audrey Tautou is undoubtedly hot. That was my main observation.

Y'know when Bettany's monk charcter jumped out and grabbed Hanks, my mate Ben jumped and shouted 'SHIT!'. (that would be ben1903 from here). Hilarious.

Aye I also jumped a couple of times when Silas made an unexpected appearence.

Was this the point where they were at Teabings looking at the cryptex? I hate it when they do things like this - I spilt my popcorn aaarrrggghhh!:popcorn:

I went to see it on Friday and thought it was a reasonable adaptation of the book - actually quite entertaining in parts.

There was one bit that made me laugh....it was the bit where they retrieved the cryptex from the fancy safe and hanks got over-emotional at the implication of the wooden box with the rose on it! I do like a bit of genuine overacting.:up: