aberdeen-music

Things that invariably happen in exams

AKMartin

I always used to get cold hands when I did exams at school. Which was really unbeneficial when you had a heap of writing to do, but couldn't really get your hand to move freely. The hall we did them in used to be absolutely freezing half the time. Then when we did sports in it, it would be too hot, because our heating was controlled by the temperature in Aberdeen.

What annoys me (I don't know why though o_O ) is when the invigilators stare at my work, not being sly while doing so.

I fell asleep in Advanced Maths prelim today :down:

Granted, I had done all I could and basically put my head in my hands with shame - it just so happened that it didn't come away from my hands til half an hour later :|

i was pretty sure my stomach had a mind of its own - for EVERY exam i used to sit - my stomach would let me know that it was hungry - and would let everyone else know too through the sound of echoing rumbling in the hall where we sat our exams, very embarrassing when everyone would turn and look at me...

i used to fear every exam because of my damn stomach. :(

In my day there were always lots of folks who couldn't sit an exam without having a gonk on their desk. Some had multiple gonk settlements. Does this still happen??

What the hell is a gonk? I feel undereducated!

I got the time of my credit standard grade maths wrong, and wandered in an hour late. Everyone was glaring at me - it was a bit scary. They gave me extra time for the exam but I was finished before most of the folk there. Managed to get a semi-respectable 2 so all was well.

stuff I've done:

-walked out before anybody in a hall of 200/300+ people

-left early (probably first) then came back after 5 minutes and loudly searched for my bag in the big pile of bags.

-walkman turned on in pocket. it was slayer. people laughed.

-fallen asleep

-been woken up by an invigilator formt he other side of the hall

-been woken up for snoring

-fallen out of my chair

-farted

-sneezed all over the paper in a nice green snotty madness

-sat next to a guy whose first name was "Jesus". He was philipino.

-laughed

-been caught cheating

-been caught not cheating

-stared down an invigilator's top

-put hand up again to stare down it again

stuff that has happened in the room

-guy had epileptic seizure. because of the "weirdness" that occurred, we got our Higher Maths marked more "leniently" by examiners who were informed of the incident apparently

-people crying.

-someone pissed themself.

someone left before me.....cue onslaught of noise as they tumbled and rolled head first down large set of stairs.

Does anyone ever get entire parts of music albums lodged into their thinking? When I was writing my Taxi Driver essay in the second hour of my Film Studies exam I was absorbed in listening to the first twenty minutes of Achtung Baby by U2. It was crazy. And my essay looked like "and this also happened..." and "oh, and" every time I retrieved the all-important awareness that I was actually sitting doing a bleeding exam.

I find that my biggest problem in exams is that my mind wanders and starts thinking of simpsons quotes' date=' which make me laugh, and i try not to laugh out loud but just end up looking like a numpty.

"my mistake was going for the cheese."[/quote']

I did this in my last exam on biotechnology, I was reminded of the tomacco episode, in particular the bit where Homer gets the family out to look at the field with their eyes closed at the crack of dawn and says "Brace yourselves, everybody. You're about to see the hugest, juiciest, possibly super-intelligent vegetables man has ever known".

Nearly went into a monir fit of laughter and had to settle myself with some slow breathing.

I always seem to finish uni exams within the space of 30-60 minutes (2 or more hour exams). One time I got really jammy and the first 3 questions were all things I'd studied, and finished in about 10-15 minutes and sat there bored until I could leave.

-stared down an invigilator's top

-put hand up again to stare down it again

-guy had epileptic seizure. because of the "weirdness" that occurred' date=' we got our Higher Maths marked more "leniently" by examiners who were informed of the incident apparently

.[/quote']

I was in that room, it was realy disturbing! i swear the exam wasn't marked more leniently. Gurr.

My friend was in her anatomy exam last year, they had to identify species on a table, the table had wheels, she lent on it, the tabe flew into the barrier. Everyone stared. hahaha. Poor thing! She still passed though :)

My tummy kept rumbling in my last exams, luckily it was my friends sitting around me and it was near the end of the exam, the exam was 3 hours long though so i have an excuse for ebing hungry!

Also have had to move seats numerous times after sitting at wobbly tables and not noticing the noise it makes til the exam starts.

:gringo:

Does anyone ever get entire parts of music albums lodged into their thinking? When I was writing my Taxi Driver essay in the second hour of my Film Studies exam I was absorbed in listening to the first twenty minutes of Achtung Baby by U2. It was crazy. And my essay looked like "and this also happened..." and "oh' date=' and" every time I retrieved the all-important awareness that I was actually sitting doing a bleeding exam.[/quote']

Yep, used to get that song thing in my head heaps and there's NOTHING you can do to erase it. Damnit. It's youir mind challenging you even more when you really have enough to contend with on front of you. V strange.

-guy had epileptic seizure. because of the "weirdness" that occurred' date=' we got our Higher Maths marked more "leniently" by examiners who were informed of the incident apparently

[/quote']

i was there too!!!

it was in the same row as me. so i could see it happening. was a bit freaky and i coldnt concentrate for ages.

i agree with rhiannon though it wasnt marked more leniently. :-(

i once wrote a letter to the examiner in my french writing exam, cause i was being forced to do it even though it wasnt complusary. id never passed a credit writing exam to that date. my teacher had tried to get me to sit 4 extra exam style prelims so she could use thigns to apleal, yet id failed them all. i only wrote 140 words, when you have to write at least 180 perfect words to pass.

so i wrote a letter in english telling some jokes and apologising for wasteing their time with them marknig it and asking them not to tell my school cause id get into trouble. and asking how they were doing and hoped they werent bored etc

what did i end up getting.... a 2 :-) i was sooo proud. they arent aloud to mark anything you write in english in a french exam hehe.

I was generally alright in all my exams, but there was a girl infront of me in one exam who counldn't get the lid off her pen, and tried and tried but it wouldn't come off. Eventually she managed to dislodge it, and it flew backwards and hit me in the face. I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes, and had numerous "Shhhoooshhh!" from angry invigilator lady. But thats about it for misbehaviour.

Stupidly, the night before my Higher Biology exam, I went into town with this girl from my work. At about midnight, I planned on going home, but she invited me back to her flat. I shouldn't have went, having an exam the next day and all, but you just don't say no to this girl. We drank a stupid amount, and some drugs were involved (which is something I rarely/never do). The next day, I was woken up early as she was leaving for work, and couldn't get back to sleep. I went home and picked up my uniform, then went to the exam in the most horrendous state of feeling ill, and hungover and still quite out of it from the night before. Unsurprisingly, thats the kind of thing that slaps a big FAIL on your qualifications. A mistake which shall not be repeated.

I was in an exam at school once and we had an invigilator who was a teacher who had only recently joined the school who none of us knew.

About half an hour in a kid called Mark turned round and asked someone if he could borrow a pen. The teacher politely advised him to keep quiet as it was an exam.

About half an hour after that he turned round again to ask if he could borrow another pen as the other one had run out.

The teacher again reminded him to keep quiet.

Mark took the second pen and I watched him start to write and realise in fear that this one wasn't working. He sat looking worried for a few minutes then turned round and tried to silently gesture to anyone nearby he had nothing to wite with.

Out of nowhere the new teacher said "Right you fuck off."

He burst out laughing out of surprise and nervousness. The teacher very matter-of-fact continued "no you cunt it's not funny fuck off go on."

After he'd bundled him out of the door he closed it and quietly said to himself "wet prick."

He looked like Jaspar Carrott but was a fuck of a lot funnier. As well as being frightening.

I'm sure a few of us from our year contributed highly to the banning of calculator cases in exams. I managed to pack in almost every equation used in standard grade physics on the inside of a Casio scientific - that deserved a pass in itself. Didn't go down too well when some muppet got caught using his in a prelim. We were all so caught out - had to form a line and do a "case amnesty" on the way out. Almost everyone was guilty!

I remember someone got caught in an exam with a personal organiser that obviously had every answer written in it. The best thing was, the teacher couldn't work it properly (personal organisers were "new" technology) and thought it was just a fancy calculator. Guy got a 1 as well. Bastard.

Guest tv tanned

My higher PE exam was held in a pokey wee room next to a French classroom.

The French teacher decided to play rather loud audio tapes.

Our invigilator took our script papers and went to complain.

Leaving us to discuss our answers...