band recommendations!

HarleyQuinn

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logan... you are eternally cool for liking apartment 26

my list consists of

Circa Survive - Anthony Green's (who used to sing with Saosin) new band. pretty laid back and chilled out. what the Mars Volta might sound like if they stopped all the noisy stuff.

Weerd Science - Hip Hop project belonging to Coheed And Cambria drummer Josh Eppard. I ain't a hip hop fan, but i like this

Walking Concert - Walter Schreifels(former Quicksand and Rival Schools) new band. very poppy. but very cool.

my list consists of

Circa Survive - Anthony Green's (who used to sing with Saosin) new band. pretty laid back and chilled out. what the Mars Volta might sound like if they stopped all the noisy stuff.

Weerd Science - Hip Hop project belonging to Coheed And Cambria drummer Josh Eppard. I ain't a hip hop fan' date=' but i like this

Walking Concert - Walter Schreifels(former Quicksand and Rival Schools) new band. very poppy. but very cool.[/quote']

fantastique choices :)

mines would be:

aberfeldy (tonight. tunnels. amazing. scottish poptastic)

the album leaf (slow brooding dark atmospheric songs but still catchy as...)

stars (if you love the postal service you need to hear this band *lazy description alert*)

Guest pop-notmyface
Female fronted Country-twanged-new-wave-pop. I reckon that's a decent stab. What are Cursive like? I've heard the name so many times.

they are actually quite hard to describe (though they are not anything metal or rock 'n roll).... The Ugly Organ is a good record to listen to, they're on myspace as well. they have some really poppy songs, and some more "interesting" sounding ones.... they are a bit like nirvana in certain principles.