aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen absolutely dominated the first half. Hearts absolutely dominated the second half.

Why don't Aberdeen play that well against the non-Old Firm/Hearts-this-season teams?

Infact, we always dominate home games from start to finish (except against Old Firm/Hearts, who, incidentally, are one-and-the-same in the eyes of ref Craig Thomson at least), it's just other teams usually score one goal more than us, and it's usually the only goal of the game.

Paul Hartley better hope he doesn't meet me in a dark alley anytime soon, or I might subject him to a Jankauskas-style stamp on the foot, or a Pressley-style shoulder to the jaw

Paul Hartley called me a wanker.

Best performance i've seen for a while, well the 1st half anyway. Nicholson did well in Severins position, but i'm still not convinced about the purchase of Dempsey. and the only decent player on the bech was Andy Considine. Ricky Foster for Darren Mackie....i tell thee!

Is Zander injured badly?

Guest neil ex

Best performance i've seen for a while' date=' well the 1st half anyway. Nicholson did well in Severins position, but i'm still not convinced about the purchase of Dempsey. and the only decent player on the bech was Andy Considine. Ricky Foster for Darren Mackie....i tell thee!

Is Zander injured badly?[/quote']

Caldo said he was alright. He just took a knock.

I don't think Dempsey's as bad as he's been playing. He just seems to lack confidence a lot - you could see it when he came on today.

I just hope to God we don't (in true Aberdeen fashion) go and lose to Falkirk on Saturday.. :help:

There was some interesting songs sang at Pittodrie today..

hearts play like celtic did a couple of seasons ago

That one works both ways. Thought both teams were a bit on the "rough" side today, and Diamond's tackle on Skacel was fucking appalling (likewise, there was a Brellier tackle on someone that was equally bad).

Aberdeen looked about as good as any team I've seen us play this season, and Jamie Smith looks like an excellent player.

Best performance i've seen for a while' date=' well the 1st half anyway. Nicholson did well in Severins position, but i'm still not convinced about the purchase of Dempsey. and the only decent player on the bech was Andy Considine. Ricky Foster for Darren Mackie....i tell thee!

Is Zander injured badly?[/quote']

What was Hartley fuming so badly over? Surely he should be able to take a "Who are ya?" chant. He only got that because he was going mad over the very few decisions that Hearts didn't get in their favour. And he should have been booked for celebrating infront of the home fans

I agree that Dempsey isn't playing too well and I've went ballistic at some of his desicions. But looking back to the CIS Cup game against Motherwell - yes I know we were as shit as Livi on a bad day but Dempsey showed a few flashes of skill which both my mate and I were impressed with. One being a cheeky backheel when he was cornered by 2 or 3 players which had Ronaldinho written all over it. They then focused on JC who stood there in awe with a kind of speechless "you feckin show them gary" look on his face.

I agree that Dempsey isn't playing too well and I've went ballistic at some of his desicions. But looking back to the CIS Cup game against Motherwell - yes I know we were as shit as Livi on a bad day but Dempsey showed a few flashes of skill which both my mate and I were impressed with. One being a cheeky backheel when he was cornered by 2 or 3 players which had Ronaldinho written all over it. They then focused on JC who stood there in awe with a kind of speechless "you feckin show them gary" look on his face.

I hate Gary Dempsey. And it's entirely because of that stupid fucking dance he does when he scores.

Good game today, with this and the dundee utd game pittodrie has become bearable again.

The referee was very bad. IN the first half i think he got msot decisions the right way but hte times he did and didn't use his yellow card was a bit cofusing. As the game went on he started getting more decisions wrong. I couldn't believe Zander didn't get booked for his challenge on Skacel.

Jimmy made a mistake in putting Dempsey on for Hart. Clark had actually been poor in the first half but he's never effective at right back. Considine should of went on at right back.

All in all though a good point.

Good game today' date=' with this and the dundee utd game pittodrie has become bearable again.

The referee was very bad. IN the first half i think he got msot decisions the right way but hte times he did and didn't use his yellow card was a bit cofusing. As the game went on he started getting more decisions wrong. I couldn't believe Zander didn't get booked for his challenge on Skacel.

Jimmy made a mistake in putting Dempsey on for Hart. Clark had actually been poor in the first half but he's never effective at right back. Considine should of went on at right back.

All in all though a good point.[/quote']

Diamond did get booked for it. Clark was ok at full-back, maybe not positionally, but he recovered well, and had one great challenge. More danger came down our left, thanks to fecking Byrne

Hartleys a knob. What the fuck was he doing having a go at some opposisition fans for winding him up? surely hes more classy than that. Then goes and pushes the referee. THEN "celebrating" Hertz' goal by just screaming abuse back at the South Stand. All without getting a yellow card. completley baffling.

Apart from infuriating referee decisions, it was a very exciting game. Thought we matched them physically in the first half and our pace seriously exploited them, but second half Hearts were bullying us off the ball. Draw probably a fair result, but quite sickening that their goal was a total fluke. oh well

I think you are getting him mixed up with someone who can actually play football.

Worst player EVER. Makes Nigel Pepper look like an inspired signing.

No one. And I mean no - one is as bad as Nigel Pepper. And do you remember how bad Thor Kristjanssen was last season? Or Jamie McAllister? Or David Winnie?

Ritchie tries twice as hard as some of his team - mates.

He's probably the least skilful player, but he's better than Dempsey, Muirhead, Foster and Stewart, who I suggest drop down a couple of leagues or have a career re -think.

Did anyone see how many challenges Muirhead backed out of on Sunday? Cardinal sin. If you're not willing to get stuck in and take one for the team, piss off. And he can't put in a decent cross for all the galloping up and down the wing he does. Dempsey has nae touch, is slow and can't shoot. He's just the kind of player I hate. A total nobody. Stewart scored a classic goal against Celtic and recorded a classic victory. I've seen him play at home and away games since and I cannot fathom why Jimmy even puts him in the squad. I always say - When Stewart comes on you know you're losing and you're never going to win. He's bloody awful. And Foster can just run to fuck. He's found his niche - He kicks the ball at Esson ten times before the game starts. That's all he's good for. A truly abysmal player.

Crawford is on the fringe of the "awful list" at the moment as well - Did anyone see his "volley" attempt on Sunday? He really looks a shadow of his former self. His career has been on the slide since he left Dunfermline and lost the pleasure of having goals set up on plate for him by Brewster. Crawford must improve. And don't forget about Lovell either - A rare way to spend 200,000 - one league goal in the few appearances he's made and a heap of time out injured.

Nicholson is finally starting to shine, but anyone with a brain would have played him in the middle from the outset and not shoved him out on the wing where he can't get involved.

Jamie and Rus continue to be so much better than those around them I really feel sorry for them fighting such an uphill battle.

Great result on Sunday, but I still think if we were to clear out the shite players and get in some tenacious workhorses we would be a much, much better team. "You're only as good as your worst players." We could so easily have put the game beyond Hearts in the first half if we had that little bit of extra quality.

4 points off Rangers, including a 3 - 2 thriller at Pittodrie and the first point at Ibrox sice '97. A 1 - 1 draw with high - flying Hearts. Beaten twice by Killie. Home draws with Motherwell and Livingston. Out of the cup by Motherwell. It's been ups and downs so far to say the least.

Jimmy has a lot of work to do. I hope he can turn things around.

No one. And I mean no - one is as bad as Nigel Pepper. And do you remember how bad Thor Kristjanssen was last season? Or Jamie McAllister? Or David Winnie?

He's probably the least skilful player' date=' but he's better than Dempsey, Muirhead, Foster and Stewart, who I suggest drop down a couple of leagues or have a career re -think.

Did anyone see how many challenges Muirhead backed out of on Sunday? Cardinal sin. If you're not willing to get stuck in and take one for the team, piss off. And he can't put in a decent cross for all the galloping up and down the wing he does. Dempsey has nae touch, is slow and can't shoot. He's just the kind of player I hate. A total nobody. Stewart scored a classic goal against Celtic and recorded a classic victory. I've seen him play at home and away games since and I cannot fathom why Jimmy even puts him in the squad. I always say - When Stewart comes on you know you're losing and you're never going to win. He's bloody awful. And Foster can just run to fuck. He's found his niche - He kicks the ball at Esson ten times before the game starts. That's all he's good for. A truly abysmal player.

Crawford is on the fringe of the "awful list" at the moment as well - Did anyone see his "volley" attempt on Sunday? He really looks a shadow of his former self. His career has been on the slide since he left Dunfermline and lost the pleasure of having goals set up on plate for him by Brewster. Crawford must improve. And don't forget about Lovell either - A rare way to spend 200,000 - one league goal in the few appearances he's made and a heap of time out injured.

Nicholson is finally starting to shine, but anyone with a brain would have played him in the middle from the outset and not shoved him out on the wing where he can't get involved.

Jamie and Rus continue to be so much better than those around them I really feel sorry for them fighting such an uphill battle.

Great result on Sunday, but I still think if we were to clear out the shite players and get in some tenacious workhorses we would be a much, much better team. "You're only as good as your worst players." We could so easily have put the game beyond Hearts in the first half if we had that little bit of extra quality.

4 points off Rangers, including a 3 - 2 thriller at Pittodrie and the first point at Ibrox sice '97. A 1 - 1 draw with high - flying Hearts. Beaten twice by Killie. Home draws with Motherwell and Livingston. Out of the cup by Motherwell. It's been ups and downs so far to say the least.

Jimmy has a lot of work to do. I hope he can turn things around.[/quote']

I can see your point. But it's already been proved that the good players would rather sign for the likes of Dundee United or Kilmarnock. Lee Miller(who I hope now regrets his desicion), Danny Invincible and many more that I can't remember have all chosen clubs which are smaller purely because Aberdeen is miles away from anywhere. Even if we do get rid of all the shit who are we going to replace them with?

He's probably the least skilful player' date=' but he's better than Dempsey, Muirhead, Foster and Stewart, who I suggest drop down a couple of leagues or have a career re -think.

[/quote']

To be fair Dempsey, Foster and Stewart are fringe players and I agree with you they are not up to scratch.

Byrne and Muirhead for some reason get a start nearly every week however and they are shite, simple as that.

The only player we paid a fee for there was Byrne (50k), Dunfermline must be pissing their pants. The guy is a joke. He can't pass, can't tackle, is constantly dragged out of position and looks a very poor player. I thought he should get a chance this season, get pre season under his belt, but he hasn't improved. Calderwood must see that and change things.

We haven't had a decent left back since David Robertson. And I hate to say it... McAllister was a better left back than Byrne. Hell, even Scott Morrision was a far better player. And you can't knock the Winnie! The Deep Byrne will never make Icelandic player of the year ;)

We are missing Heikkinen.

To be fair Dempsey' date=' Foster and Stewart are fringe players and I agree with you they are not up to scratch.

Byrne and Muirhead for some reason get a start nearly every week however and they are shite, simple as that.

The only player we paid a fee for there was Byrne (50k), Dunfermline must be pissing their pants. The guy is a joke. He can't pass, can't tackle, is constantly dragged out of position and looks a very poor player. I thought he should get a chance this season, get pre season under his belt, but he hasn't improved. Calderwood must see that and change things.

We haven't had a decent left back since David Robertson. And I hate to say it... McAllister was a better left back than Byrne. Hell, even Scott Morrision was a far better player. And you can't knock the Winnie! The Deep Byrne will never make Icelandic player of the year ;)

We are missing Heikkinen.[/quote']

I guarantee you the only reason Muirhead was in the team on Sunday was because he is over 6 foot, and Jimmy thought we would need some big lads to match Hearts physically. That is the same reason Byrne was bought and is considered 1st choice left back. Thats the difference between our big lads and those of Hearts and Celtic: their's are footballers (bar Balde) who happen to be big.

Spot on assessment from Marsh, bar the slating of Crawford. He hasn't done it, but I still feel something is gonna happen when he gets the ball, because he is obviously of above-average ability

To be fair Dempsey' date=' Foster and Stewart are fringe players and I agree with you they are not up to scratch.

We are missing Heikkinen.[/quote']

in defence of byrne, hes got somthing most of the current squad dont have and thats fight, he makes alot of mistakes but he looks a lot more promising this season and i reckon he'll be a decent starter by the end of the season.

as for muirhead and mackie, they always wait for the ball to drop before they actually make an atemped to win it it. mackies a decent player but he neads a good target man.

id rather whelen played more independent last seaon instead of babysiting mackie and doing his dirty work, without doubt he'd scored more and still be here.

i think aberdeen are turning into a dundee utd type squad; well known player who come for the money and dont really want to be here.