aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

Had he signed in January, both he and Noel Whelan would be stars. Now big Wheels has departed Crawford wont shine, and we will probably offload him as soon as we can. It's a bit of a shame really. I thought Noel Whelan got far too much stick last season. Calderwood was forever asking him to hold up the ball and play Mackie in, not a very glamourous job. I think Calderwood should give Jamie Smith a go at proving his ability as a striker rather than a winger myself.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I celebrated when I saw Crawford had signed, but I was just relieved we got somebody, because we're desperate. My concern is that we have 4 strikers who are too similar: Crawford, Mackie, Lovell and Craig (Jimmy can't just let him rot in the reserves). They are all good finishers, all very quick, all thrive on through balls. None of them are naturally adept at holding the ball up, though I expect Lovell will be asked to do this, and none of them really comes deep, though I expect Crawford will be asked to do this. We could have done better

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but can anyone confirm whether Crawford is in the latest Scotland squad?

Hate to say it, but I think you've made an awful signing. Crawford has done the square root of fuck all since he left Dunfermline (and in particular Craig Brewster). Have never rated him, and always knew he'd be found out without a genuinely talented player next to him. Fernandez a few weeks back would have been a much better signing, and if you'd got Lee Miller, who knows?

Apparently it cost United 400,000 for Crawford's 7 months there...

Apparently it cost United 400' date='000 for Crawford's 7 months there...[/quote']

It's enough to make you...

:puke:

The board shouldnt have been grippy bastards, first choice should have always been Miller, and they coulda got the twat an all, but didnt dip deep enough into their pockets.

I will say that Crawford is the type of player to hold up the ball, and let the others run of him...Set pieces as well...watch oot SPL :help:

I don't rate the guy' date=' not good enough if the dons are aiming top 6, should have looked at loaning Ross McCormack from the Gers - going to be a star[/quote']

BINGO!

i said exactly the same thing yesterday. ross mcormack will be ace, he was one of rangers best players in pre season and banged in a shit load. with the huns signing fanny jeffers and some greasy old argentinian and already having novo, prso and thompson surely they would be willing to have mcormack go on loan.

I celebrated when I saw Crawford had signed' date=' but I was just relieved we got somebody, because we're desperate. My concern is that we have 4 strikers who are too similar: Crawford, Mackie, Lovell and Craig (Jimmy can't just let him rot in the reserves). They are all good finishers, all very quick, all thrive on through balls. None of them are naturally adept at holding the ball up, though I expect Lovell will be asked to do this, and none of them really comes deep, though I expect Crawford will be asked to do this. We could have done better

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but can anyone confirm whether Crawford is in the latest Scotland squad?[/quote']

Crawford's main problem is that he can't finish these days. All he does his work his ass off in aimless pursuits. And Stevie Craig has been paid off. Shame that, Jimmy treated him poorly, I can imagine some choice words must have been said at some point, though, for him to be blanked completely.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Would you have taken him back to Dunfermline Jake' date=' even without Brewster or do you reckon hes passed it?[/quote']

Yeah, I would have had him back at EEP, mind you, I'd put Bert Paton on the fucking pitch at the moment! It would have been interesting to see if he could still do the business, or whether it was the case that Brewster made him look good. We've got 4 new guys in, but I still think we'll be stuck at the arse-end of the table. Still, I was raised on us being in the old 2nd division and I know the relegation-dogfight scenario far too well.

Cue cliches about a "long, hard season" and "we're not getting the breaks at the moment".

Yeah' date=' I would have had him back at EEP, mind you, I'd put Bert Paton on the fucking pitch at the moment! It would have been interesting to see if he could still do the business, or whether it was the case that Brewster made him look good. We've got 4 new guys in, but I still think we'll be stuck at the arse-end of the table. Still, I was raised on us being in the old 2nd division and I know the relegation-dogfight scenario far too well.

Cue cliches about a "long, hard season" and "we're not getting the breaks at the moment".[/quote']

are the Pars getting Stevie Craig, reckon he could of done a job for us he is wasnt forever spitting out the dummy

• 3 weeks later...
RUDI! RUDI! RUDI!

I'm almost getting to the point where I genuinely believe Hearts can win the league...

Then you must be pissed. i'm sure Rudi's club are monitoring him and as soon as they have a player injury etc they'll recall him - same goes with the rest of the 'team' that are on loan.

I love to see another name at the top of the SPL, but what are you going to do next season? you can't afford the players you have on loan, their clubs will no doubt want them back as they are playing really well... so back to square one next season? or will ur up and comin gplayers get fed up this season and bail out leaving you next season up the river dee with nae paddles?!

RUDI! RUDI! RUDI!

I'm almost getting to the point where I genuinely believe Hearts can win the league...

i dont think so, wait until you face the old firm if you win then up you go bt if you lose its just gonna put hearts in their place.

you might have rudi and bedner now but wait until their loans are up and a bigger team snatches them, rudis already said hes doesnt want o stay because of the scottish weather

• 3 weeks later...

For all you Dons fans....

Set the video to record the SPL highlights on Monday, Smith's goal was a peach.

Aberdeen had the lion share of possession, but did fuck all with it- I don't think Mark Brown had a save to make. Caley were gash in the first half, but played better in the second, fully deserved a draw. And we could have one it at the death, with two clear cut chances in injury time.

How Esson gets into the Scotland squad ahead of Brown i don't know- He gifted us our goal by dropping the ball at Bayne's feet, had shocking distribution, and was dreadful at crosses. Incomparison, Brown has had absolutely brilliant performances in every game, and gets overlooked.

Never mind, at least i got a sun tan at Tulloch stadium today :D

• 1 month later...