aberdeen-music

Murder At The Moorings

Mick Maverik

Anyone else down at the Moorings last night? Came round the corner and saw police tape and vans everywhere! Walked further down the street and saw blood foot-prints, and a trail of blood! Apparently 2 people got in a fight above the Moorings, one of them got stabbed and jumped out the window to escape, the other followed. Apparently he died of a mortal wound. Anyone else know if he did actually die / why it happened? Pretty scary stuff! Had I come round the corner 10 minutes earlier I might have walked into this! 8o

Andy

If I hadn't been working I'd have gone to the gig there last night' date=' my mate texted me saying someone had been murdered... Did it happen right outside??[/color']

Yeah, there was a trail of blood from just outside the door, to right the way up the street on the right. It wasn't like the movies either! Ya know a few drips leaving a trail, this was like the guy was pouring a bucket of red paint along the pavement! I think he must have died of blood loss if anything!

Andy

It happened above the Tattoo shop next door. A guy wearing only his boxer shorts and with blood running down his leg slid out of the first floor window (with only his socks to cushion the blow) and hobbled up to Market Street where someone called an ambulance. Three other guys were seen running out the back door. Word on the street is that 'he made it' (always wanted to say that).

We found the police wandering around aimlessly in Market Street looking at the sky to try and figure what plane the guy had fallen from, at that point we drew their attention to the ground, and showed them how to follow the trail of bloody footprints back to the flat.

Then 500 police turned up in helicopter gunships and absailed down to the street.

Next the press turned up, they asked what had happened and I told them "The dude should have paid for his pint" which they dutifully noted down. Then a photographer showed up and wanted to take my picture, so I posed with a big cheesy grin on my face.

P&J Photographer: Stoip grinning I need you to look concerned.

Me: But I'm not concerned.

P&J Photographer: Well you could at least try and look concerned.

Me: How about instead of grinning I just smile a bit like this.

P&J Photographer: No you can't just stand there smiling.

Me: But this is how I always look.

P&J Photographer: Well I need you to put your arm round your wife and gaze up the street with a concerned look.

Me: Fuck you - if I'm not getting to smile then you aren't getting to take my photo.

So I went back inside and he took Laura's photo instead.

Then 2 hookers ran out into the street and told everyone "it's OK cos he owed money". They were hard to understand at first since they only had 1 tooth between them. But after some we translated it the police said "Oh that's OK then", packed up and left.

3 hours later the amulance showed up and took the guy away.

So there you have it.

***Only the part about helicopter gunships and absailing is made up. In reality it was about 30 police in vans. The rest is ALL true.***

Guest Cowboy Dan
It happened above the Tattoo shop next door. A guy wearing only his boxer shorts and with blood running down his leg slid out of the first floor window (with only his socks to cushion the blow) and hobbled up to Market Street where someone called an ambulance. Three other guys were seen running out the back door. Word on the street is that 'he made it' (always wanted to say that).

We found the police wandering around aimlessly in Market Street looking at the Sky to try and figure what plane the guy had fallen from' date=' at that point we drew their attention to the bloody footprints (after they threatened to charge us for talking), and helped the follow the trail back the the flat. Then 500 of them turned up in helicopter gunships and absaileddown to the street.

Next the press turned up, they asked what had happened and I told then "The dude should have paid for his pint" which they dutifully noted down. Then a photographer showed up and wanted to take my picture, so I posed with a big cheesy grin on my face. He asked me to looked concerned but I told him that I wasn't concerned. He said that I couldn't just stand there smiling, and I told him that's how I always looked. He told me I had to gaze up the street into the distance with a concerned look on my face. I told him that he wasn't letting him take my picture unless I got to smile and fucked off back into the bar. He took Laura's picture instead.

Then 2 hookers ran out into the street and told everyone "it's OK cos he owed money". They were hard to understand at first since they only had 1 tooth between them. So the police said "Oh that's OK then", packed up and left.

So there you have it.[/quote']

Hah, best story ever.

Fuck' date=' that sounds awful.

I'm just glad I didn't go, what's actually above the Moorings anyway? I've never looked, is it flats or something?[/quote']

But... you're from Summerhill.

Just a shame the police hosed the bloody footprints away before we'd finished drawing chalk outlines around them.

I felt kinda sorry for the poor dude with the Hi-vis vest who had to scrub the bloody foot prints... I cant see why they didnt just leave it for the rain to was away...

blood has to be removed, it could be contaminated by numerous diseases.. and if someone tripped and felt into the blood, it wouldnt be nice to get a aids along with a scratch..