aberdeen-music

glastonbury coverage

delboy

its that time of year again, was watching BBC 2's coverage (my damn freeview box won't work here!). i thought the white stripes were really dull but enjoyed most of the coverage esp the killers, bloc party and elvis costello. and a nice little peel tribute an all, i think the terrestial coverage was better than recent years.

fuckity shite, its coldplay headlining tonight so i expect 2 of the 3 hours to be dedicated to the dullest band on the planet.....

I thought the White Stripes were the Dog's Bollocks... Didn't think much of Bloc Party, but i didn't rate them when i saw them either. Elvis Costello was good too.

Thank fuck Orbital has split up so i don't have to endure 15 fucking minutes of watching the Hartnoll brothers twiddling buttons with those torches on their heads.

Last night Lauren Laverne was like "And here's Bloc Party, with Helicopter - I love these guys!".

It was not Helicopter. Even the caption said it was. At the end Laverne was like "Wow, Helicopter is great when they play it live!". It just wasn't Helicopter, Laverne clearly speaks from her arse. But she has that accent I love.

What the fuck was fat boy slim all about!?! Out of shot was the CD player his entire set was on while he pranced about like an idiot pretending to be mixing and changing records.....disgrace to real DJ's....

couldnt agree with you more, fatboy slim has turned into an embarrasing uncle at a wedding...... must be a midlife crisis.

last night was a disgrace, someone tell the bbc that not everyone loves coldplay - they showed just four new order songs and dedicated nearly two hours to coldplay. though chas n dave acoustic almost made up for it :)

brian wilson owned glastonbury.

although primal scream were mighty as well.

was it not just that coldplay were actually playing while bbc2 was going out so they showed it all on that. new order's whole set was shown on bbc3 earlier. there was only a couple of breaks in it for 60 second news and some catch ups with colin and edith, other than that i'm pretty sure you got the whole set.

as i said before i cant get a freeview reception where i live so BBC3 putting out the whole of new order's set was about as useful as a coldplay album to me (i.e. not very).

brian wilson was plain embarrasing as well, he's so overated, looked totally bewildered (nothing new there mind). good to see billy bragg doing an acoustic tune mind.

what!!! brian wilson was awesome! he looked geniuinely happy at times and seemed to love playing to such a MASSIVE crowd. the sun was out and he played a greatest hits set of beach boy and brian wilson classics, what's better than that? nothing that's what. :)

it's not the bbc's fault you can't get a freeview reception del, new order weren't playing when bbc2 were putting out their coverage but coldplay were so they went live to coldplay. complaining about not getting a whole set from a band that played earlier in the day is about as useful as seeing a whole set from jools hollands rinky dink orchestra recorded first thing that day while the headlining biggest band in the world is playing on the main stage right at that second!

i should point out i'm in no way saying that coldplay have more merit than new order(and obviously not comparing new order to jools fucking holland but that's just to emphasize a point), just that your argument is based solely on your desire to see new order and not on any logic regarding the scheduling of bbc2's show for the great mass of their viewers.

What the fuck was fat boy slim all about!?! Out of shot was the CD player his entire set was on while he pranced about like an idiot pretending to be mixing and changing records.....disgrace to real DJ's....

Didn't see the coverage myself but hear, hear to the overall sentiment. If he is miming these days at least it'll be an improvement on his disaterous DJ sets of old.

Was surprised to see Razorlight using the legendary piece of equipment that is "The Mellotron". Not my cup of tea, but I thought they were alright.

Was delighted to see Ian Brown belt out some of the Roses' classics. I thought he sang most of them not bad, but then his solo stuff he sounded bollocks. Still it was good to see Aberdeens' very own Fools Gold play with him. For a moment, I actually thought I was listenening to the Roses.

what!!! brian wilson was awesome! he looked geniuinely happy at times and seemed to love playing to such a MASSIVE crowd. the sun was out and he played a greatest hits set of beach boy and brian wilson classics' date=' what's better than that? nothing that's what. :)

it's not the bbc's fault you can't get a freeview reception del, new order weren't playing when bbc2 were putting out their coverage but coldplay were so they went live to coldplay. complaining about not getting a whole set from a band that played earlier in the day is about as useful as seeing a whole set from jools hollands rinky dink orchestra recorded first thing that day while the headlining biggest band in the world is playing on the main stage right at that second!

i should point out i'm in no way saying that coldplay have more merit than new order(and obviously not comparing new order to jools fucking holland but that's just to emphasize a point), just that your argument is based solely on your desire to see new order and not on any logic regarding the scheduling of bbc2's show for the great mass of their viewers.[/quote']

no dave i'm not suggesting that the bbc should have showed the whole of new orders set either, i just think dont think they should show large chunks of any band even if they are headliners. i mean theres so many acts playing glastonbury and i'd rather they just mixed it up and show a cross section of material, instead of dedicating over an hour in one chunk to one of the headliners.

i agree with you about primal scream.

Watching it makes me wish i was there. :rockon:

And come on, the brain wilson even playing was ledgendery enough. Playing the most fucking classic songs with however many thousands of people singing along (and crowd surfers on boards!) was simply fantastic.