aberdeen-music

Really rare band stuff

Hog

I won a signed promo copy of Yoshimi vs whatever by Flaming Lips, that says

"Thanks for liking us! - Wayne"

except I don't. Might get round to flogging it one day.

I nearly bought one of Stevie Ray Vaughan's actual 'SRV' scratchplates from a place in London once for 150, but talked myself down from that one.

The guy standing next to me caught Prince's tambourine.

Sadly I lost my treasured Kylie tour t-shirt at a Soundgarden gig, but that's another story...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't have a lot of really rare stuff,mainly just signed tickets, setlists,drumsticks,plecs and stuff

i have darran from ffaf on my voicemail though,a nice signed bled drumstick and a one line drawing of onelinedrawing jonah matranga signed as well as a ticket stub signed by him,not really rare but he;s my absolute idol!

I won a signed promo copy of Yoshimi vs whatever by Flaming Lips' date=' that says

"Thanks for liking us! - Wayne"[/b']

except I don't. Might get round to flogging it one day.

I nearly bought one of Stevie Ray Vaughan's actual 'SRV' scratchplates from a place in London once for 150, but talked myself down from that one.

The guy standing next to me caught Prince's tambourine.

Sadly I lost my treasured Kylie tour t-shirt at a Soundgarden gig, but that's another story...

its not by any chance a record is it ?

*phones Mr McWhirter*

Apparently not' date=' some guy has two of them...

Oh, I see...no, it's a cd. Cardboard sleeve type thing though. I'll let you see it a week on Friday if you like.[/quote']

ooh, that would be nice

(I realise the "ooh" doesn't sound very good, but I originally put an "oh" instead, but decided it made the reply seem a little sarcastic)

talking of flaming lips(that sounds like i'm about to say something rude doesn't it?), i've also got zaireeka by them which is a 4 cd album designed to be played all at once on seperate cd players. never gotten round to trying it though. apparently that's quite rare.

In also have a christmas card from Dark Throne

that has to be the funniest things I've read in a while.

I've got all my letters from Fudge tunnel (the john major pic in "in a word" was a fan letter from me)

I've got the frank black promo for teenager of the year (screenprinted tracing paper).

signed buck 65 stuff...

celebrating the birth of christ...but not...

err....satanists always make me laugh...just as bad as bloody christians!...

All i remember was it was a white card with the figure from under a funeral moon on the front and i think it said have an unholy festive season inside.

I think this was more a promotion tool by peaceville than something sanctioned by the band :nono:

Bottom line is its still a Darkthrone christmas card :D

I've got an Anthrax 'Indians' 7" orange vinyl which was supposed to have 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath' and 'Taint' on the b-side but actually has 'Imitation of Life'... heard that was pretty rare.

Also got a signed Marillion programme from back when they played the Capitol in Aberdeen ('86/'87 tour).

Got a few other limited edition albums, can't remember off hand which ones. They're tucked away in a cupboard somewhere...

Guest Scorge Spike

An obscenely rare Japanese misprint of New Order's 'Blue Monday' (rather ironic, given this song happens to be the biggest selling 12" ever made, after all). 60 of these exist - half are in Peter Hook's loft, and there's about 20 in general circulation. One devout NO collector offered in excess of 1500 quid for it, I declined, and I wish I'd kept the bugger's mobile number.....

Lot's of rare Jeff Buckley cd's including original Peyote Radio Theatre Promo CD and original Live at Sin E tour poster, which was given to me by Scott from the Saint in Asbury Park, NJ (Jeff played a couple of gigs at Scott's old venue).

Wildhearts, Mondo Akimbo A Go Go CD signed.

Tim Buckley - Starsailor CD

Entombed- Left Hand Path splatter vinyl.

Heaps of rare vinyl packed away in attic.

Fear Factory sticker signed by whole band, and a photo I took of them at Ozzfest '98 signed by Christian Olde Wolbers, and one of Dino's pics.

Kill II This set list I got signed.

Devin Townsend Band set list.

Signed Bill Bailey cd (he does songs so it counts! :D ).

Backyard Babies "Babylon" 12" etched vinyl, limited to 1000. Their record company wouldent release it because the picture on the front was a little Blasphemous. as Dregen is being hung from a crucifix, and the others are tied to it. So they released it themselves, but the company you had to send the money to went bankrupt, kept the money and dident post out the vinyls. I got my copy because my Dad wrote to Kerrang! and they sent me their copy, so I have no idea how many people actually got a copy!

Backyard Babies "Babylon" 7" red vinyl, was only available on the March '99 UK tour.

Signed Rico gig ticket.

Booklet from "The Height of Callousness" by Spinshank signed by whole band, as well as a gig ticket.

A pic from Koichi Fukuda of Staic-X.

Im sure Ive got some more around somewhere... ?( I did have a bashed up drum stick from a Therapy? gig, but gave that to my brother.