aberdeen-music

Really rare band stuff

Hog

Anyone got really rare stuff?

I have- a signed Metallica photo (circa black album)

Autographed Devin Townsend cds

Xmas card from Devin Townsend (has a wank)

A drum stick from Gene Hoglan

Mmm ok not very rare really lol.

I also saw an ultra rare japanese edition guitar instructional video by Devin Townsend, it sold for around $180. I cant find it anywhere else and even I wouldnt spend that amount :down:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman
Anyone got really rare stuff?

I have- a signed Metallica photo (circa black album)

Autographed Devin Townsend cds

Xmas card from Devin Townsend (has a wank)

A drum stick from Gene Hoglan

Mmm ok not very rare really lol.

I also saw an ultra rare japanese edition guitar instructional video by Devin Townsend' date=' it sold for around $180. I cant find it anywhere else and even I wouldnt spend that amount :down:[/quote']

Not sure on rarity value, but recently bought the Kyuss CD And The Circus Leaves Town second hand and it appears to have been signed inside - can't make out the names tho! The same happened when I bought The Damned Black Album CD 2nd hand, all signed inside the sleeve! Bought a 2nd hand copy of Ride's Leave Them All Behind 12" in One Up years ago which was signed on the cover.

I also have a Cramps pic signed by Lux and Ivy, a drumstick from The Cramps Look Ma No Head gig at the Music Hall, a signed PJ Harvey ticket from the Barrowland in 2001 (met her in my hotel lobby the next day!), a UK Subs T shirt from Drumonds years back signd by Charlie Harper, that's about it....oh, a Terrorvision gig ticket from the Music Hall years ago, they were all in the Mudd Club after and I got it signed. Let's keep that quiet tho, they were pish, ahem....

Not sure on rarity value' date=' but recently bought the Kyuss CD And The Circus Leaves Town second hand and it appears to have been signed inside - can't make out the names tho! The same happened when I bought The Damned Black Album CD 2nd hand, all signed inside the sleeve! Bought a 2nd hand copy of Ride's Leave Them All Behind 12" in One Up years ago which was signed on the cover.

I also have a Cramps pic signed by Lux and Ivy, a drumstick from The Cramps Look Ma No Head gig at the Music Hall, a signed PJ Harvey ticket from the Barrowland in 2001 (met her in my hotel lobby the next day!), a UK Subs T shirt from Drumonds years back signd by Charlie Harper, that's about it....oh, a Terrorvision gig ticket from the Music Hall years ago, they were all in the Mudd Club after and I got it signed. Let's keep that quiet tho, they were pish, ahem....[/quote']

I'm impressed with your rather fine collection of swag. I am a big fan of Kyuss, the Damned the Cramps and the Subs so I am envious!

But, please, don't diss the 'Vision. Anyone but the 'Vision. They never hurt anybody.

Guest bluesxman
I'm impressed with your rather fine collection of swag. I am a big fan of Kyuss' date=' the Damned the Cramps and the Subs so I am envious!

But, please, don't diss the 'Vision. Anyone but the 'Vision. They never hurt anybody.[/quote']

Aye OK, they weren't bad if you like them I guess but I just went for something to do, not a big fan - was impressed by Tony Wright on his knees propped up by the Mudd Club stage cos he was so buckled! Also had a chat with Stutty the big blue haired drummer in the bogs....

I've got a few techno animal bits n bobs, all my scorn shit is signed by Mick Harris

I've got the tool undertow grey Vynil Promo and the "prison sex" 12 inch.

I've also got the metallica one picture disk...

minisrty "psalm 69" (10" and sticker for lulapoluza)...

nothing fancy...

Benner (bassist from Maiden Taiwan (while ago i know :p)) has Nicko McBrain's snare skin from the Iron Maiden gig when we saw them at Newcastle Telewest Arena... flukey bastard - it frisbied right over our way, he had to half wrestle an ugly fat munter chick to claim it hahahaha...

At the same gig, Hardcore Erskine caught one of Steve Harris' West Ham wrist bands aswell I believe.... good outing!

My copy of 'Around the Fur' signed by Chino. My most coveted signed item.

'Siren Songs of the Counterculture' signed by Tim and Joe from Rise Against.

The same gig's ticket signed by George and Wade from Alexisonfire. Also photos with Tim and Joe, George and Wade.

All Biffy albums signed, a few of the 'Blackened Sky' singles, a drawing I did of the band, a photo and a T in the Park ticket as well as the ticket from their last Music Hall gig. Also signed by Justin from Hell is for Heroes.

Bleeding Through ticket signed by the band and the singer from Cult of Luna.

Funeral for a Friend setlist from Kef signed by Matt (i often wonder how much i could sell it for on ebay...)

The first Finch album signed by all but Randy who signed the ticket from the Lemon Tree gig.

Feeder ticket from the Music Hall signed by Taka.

HIM's setlist from the music hall. I wrote it with Tom, the tour manager, in their dressing room. It has all of the song titles changed to titles such as "Poison Haggis", "In Joy/In Codonas" and "Love said Fit Like?". I had to spend a considerable amount of time with my cousin explaining to HIM what all these words meant. It was actually quite funny telling people from Finland was a haggis was. It was the actual setlist Ville read from on stage and is signed by Ville Valo. I'm sure it would be loved on ebay. I'm not even a fan of HIM, but it is the only one in existence, so I quite like it.

Thats really it.

Soundgarden - Room a thousand years wide ( sub pop collectors single), Hands All Over 10" , Loud Love 12" etched disc and USA Import Dbl cd Badmotorfinger/somms.

Fear Factory - 2 track cassette promo Demanufacture/self bias resistor (unmastered versions) [500 copies only - i think] and Fear Factory 12" Gabba mixes.

The Wildhearts - Mondo-akimbo-a-go-go 12" + promo cd of ep, Fishing for Luckies (fan club only cd) & greetings from shitsville 7" brown!!! vinyl

Faith No More - From Out of Nowhere 12" Pd

Slipknot - Wait & Bleed cd single fully signed by all 9 members.

In also have a christmas card from Dark Throne which i cant find and fear i may have thrown out :down:

I have a proper Sub-Pop copy of Nirvana "Bleach"' date=' and an original Factory Records copy of New Order "Substance".[/quote']

Ok now that is kool but what you really want is a Sub-Pop copy of the first single 'Love Buzz' only 500 (maybe 1000 cant remember) pressed and individually numbered. I tried get myself a copy but the guy wanted 500 bucks for it lol.

I have a copy of John Frusciante's 'Smile for the Streets you Hold' album that was discontinued in 1999. I think that is pretty rare.

i have a copy of a canadian fanzine called amazine which features a 7inch split by godspeed you black emperor and le fly pan am. it's le fly pan am's first release and godspeeds first one that wasn't a tape(if anyone has one of the tapes then you're a very lucky person). it cost me 35 pounds off ebay.

Got a load of early Faith No More picture discs, a signed "King for a day...." poster and signed ticket.

The first Pearl Jam vinyl only fan club single from 1991, the rare Benaroya vinyl box set and a signed Eddie Vedder 7" of Long Road.

Signed Cut Chemist and Chali2na J5 ticket is pretty cool too.

HIM's setlist from the music hall. I wrote it with Tom' date=' the tour manager, in their dressing room. It has all of the song titles changed to titles such as "Poison Haggis", "In Joy/In Codonas" and "Love said Fit Like?". I had to spend a considerable amount of time with my cousin explaining to HIM what all these words meant. It was actually quite funny telling people from Finland was a haggis was. It was the actual setlist Ville read from on stage and is signed by Ville Valo. I'm sure it would be loved on ebay. I'm not even a fan of HIM, but it is the only one in existence, so I quite like it.

Thats really it.[/quote']

I've got a photo of this setlist - quite amusing! And I'm no HIM fan either...

Original japanese pessing of the 'Smile' album 'Gettin' Smile' album signed by Roger Taylor, possibly the only one of itxs kind in the world, as to the best of my knowledge they've refused to sign that album.

Every Marillion Fish era picture disc except 'Clutching at Straws' album including the Market Square Heroes disk of which only a few thousand were pressed.

Signed Ian Hunter programme and biography from last week.

Lots of Fish and Marillion stuff including Ian Mosley's Clutching at Straws Tour Jacket and Mark Wilkinons Welcome to the Garden Party Tour T-shirt, and of course the ioriginal master tapes of the Kettle of Fish interview segment DVD.

Signed copy of High and Dry by Def Leppard, and signed Boomtown Rats album.

Signed Meat Loaf tour programme.

Access all areas passes for Fish, Marillion, H Band and Midge Ure.

Setlists from Fish, Marillion, Ian HunterThe Wikdhearts (PHUQ at the barras), Maiden, Leppard, the Eagles, Quo, and loads of others. Signed Metallica , Marillion and Bruce Dickinson Posters. Lots of stuff much of it split between my place and still at my parents.

My most prized possesions but that mean little to anyone else is the stuff I've been involved in, one of the special release versions of Jo's Papercut & Lime album, and one of the 8 original Radiaxial copies, and the original artwork printing for Papercut & Lime.

Cheers

Stuart